Can a character really be immune to reality warping?

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OrdinaryAlan

Recently, I've been reading some threads in the battle forum where people state that certain characters are immune to reality warping. Is this even possible? Think about it. If someone were immune to it, couldn't the reality warper just change reality so that the person wasn't immune to it? I mean that's the nature of warping reality, right? To change or alter the established "rules" to their whim.

So I ask you, Comicvine, can a character truly be immune to a power that could potentially change their immunity?

TheDandyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I've heard Thanos is resistant to it, I guess it depends on how powerful the warper.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Depends on where this reality warper is located in the cosmic hierarchy. That means those immune are in a 'higher state of existence'. It's actually really hard to reason with this in the Battles forum as there are no real world parallels.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recently, I've been reading some threads in the battle forum where people state that certain characters are immune to reality warping. Is this even possible? Think about it. If someone were immune to it, couldn't the reality warper just change reality so that the person wasn't immune to it? I mean that's the nature of warping reality, right? To change or alter the established "rules" to their whim.

So I ask you, Comicvine, can a character truly be immune to a power that could potentially change their immunity?

Some people just have control over their own physical form and history and there can't be much done with it.

Like Molecule Man trying to alter Sentry's molecules but Sentry has power to control his own molecules which cancelled out MM's powers over him.

This is similar to Zoom and the Flash. Zoom slows down time all around him, but Flash has control over his own personal time control via the speed force aura that goes around him. So Zoom can slow down time at a universal scale relative to himself but Flash can speed himself up relative to himself.

I personally wouldn't overthink it.

Skit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Psylocke was for awhile after she came back to life due to being displaced in reality or some nonsense like that.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ordinaryalan: You can be a more powerful reality warper or has a power that holds precedence like an abstract

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes by comic book logics.

But by comic book logics you can be immune to omnipotence.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

ChrisP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos.

Bart Allen has had a resistance to alterations to the timeline but major changes can effect him EVENTUALY.