#1 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33625 posts) - - Show Bio

Were you guys as pissed about Sinistro taking over Green Lantern from Hal as Spider-Man fans are about SpOck?

#2 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I'm both a GL fan and a Spidey fan and I was probably more objectionable to Spock, but once I started reading both I didn't have a problem with it.

#3 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33625 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningbirdcake: Originally what made you think SoOck was worse than GL Sinestro?

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24907 posts) - - Show Bio

Id have prefered Kyle or John take over for Hal but its more because I prefer Sinestro as a villain.

#5 Posted by sagejonathan (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

No. He didn't take over the series like SpOck. Besides Sinestro was awesome and I enjoyed it.

#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24907 posts) - - Show Bio

Tho I will say GL gets more props for not rewarding murder and then screaming defense of the crime

#7 Edited by longbowhunter (7127 posts) - - Show Bio

During that time in Johns' run on GL things had really hit a wall. I loved seeing Hal financially broke and ringless. Those Sinestro stories were some of my favorite post Blackest Night stuff.

#8 Posted by scouts1998 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

it was a good opportunity to tell good stories, but there weren't enough of them

#9 Edited by Binski (647 posts) - - Show Bio

No because with the changes to both books renewed my interest in them and I'm buying both still probably because of it

#10 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5465 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually preferred Sinestro to Hal.

#11 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked Sinestro and I like SpOck

#12 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13268 posts) - - Show Bio

At first yes but when the New 52 hit it was made clear that the series would be Hal's.

Also Sinestro didn't steal Hal's body...so there's a plus.

#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33625 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder why SpOck get's more hate then GL Sinestro

#14 Posted by GrenadeFlow (1538 posts) - - Show Bio

Cuz Spider-Man is bigger than Green Lantern

#15 Posted by joshmightbe (24907 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: because Ock murdered Spider-man and Marvel decided to just say it was okay to murder a hero as long as you feel bad about it. Even the Punisher knows what he does is wrong and he kills the worst people in the world but Ock murders a legit hero and everything is just fine.

#16 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13268 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: you don't see he difference between taking someone's job and taking/twisting someone's life? There's also the fact that Sinestro is somewhat sympathize able whereas Otto is a heinous pig .

#17 Edited by AminoAcidMan (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro was really awesome. He's just an awesome Ring Slinger. As for SpOck, I think its cool. I know Peter would be back.

#18 Posted by SilverPool (1563 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably because Sinestro didn't kill Hal Jordan, take over his life, twist his image, and then try to sleep with his girlfriend. Sinestro may have taken his job, but he still let Hal work for him, he's not a COMPLETE doucher.

#19 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: It was more that Otto was going to be parading around as Peter, not just Spider-Man. After a while though I realized that was actually what made the story interesting.

#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24907 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm also a bit diagusted with the "fans" that clain Spider-man murdering people actually makes him a better hero. Those fans are not real Spider-man fans and have no idea what actually made Peter great. I don't care what the Slott lovers say they are SpOck fans not Spider-man fans.

#21 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13268 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Lvenger (20238 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro didn't try and ruin Hal's reputation, act out towards his loved ones or screw over Hal's life massively. He may have taken over Hal's ring and place in the GLC but he didn't try and replace Hal. That would be out of Sinestro's character totally. Oh and Sinestro being a GL again is actually interesting as opposed to turning a classic hero into a sociopath and a monster.

#24 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Sinestro didn't try and ruin Hal's reputation, act out towards his loved ones or screw over Hal's life massively. He may have taken over Hal's ring and place in the GLC but he didn't try and replace Hal. That would be out of Sinestro's character totally. Oh and Sinestro being a GL again is actually interesting as opposed to turning a classic hero into a sociopath and a monster.

this

#25 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13268 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by joshmightbe (24907 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningbirdcake: I dont hate Superior as much as many, it just pisses me off when SpOck fans try to act like the things Ock did are justifiable and act like Peter was just some throw away character instead of the integral part of the Marvel U he has been since the 60s.

#27 Posted by Jeepeh (3907 posts) - - Show Bio

Were you guys as pissed about Sinistro taking over Green Lantern from Hal as Spider-Man fans are about SpOck?

*cough* spoiler *cough* This happened? Dang, that sucks. I'm having trouble following the Green Lantern books, I have New Guardians on subscription, the story goes for like 3 books then the next issue is something totally different because the old story went to one of the other lantern books.

#28 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33625 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeepeh: It happened at the very beginning of the New 52

#29 Edited by Jeepeh (3907 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeepeh: It happened at the very beginning of the New 52

Oh, I wasn't aware that that's what happened, I thought he just rejoined while Hal was away or something. Didn't the guardians remove his powers?

#30 Posted by consolemaster001 (5661 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by TDK_1997 (14900 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't mad because I simply can.The plot was interesting and that was good and new interesting turn into the characters' ground and future and it didn't try to ruin everything Hal has ever done and make him the villain in the end as Superior Spider-Man is still doing.

#32 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt: I don't know. I guess I'm just not used to people having a level headed opinion when it comes to Spock. We peeps. And now All I can think of are these:

@joshmightbe: And you're absolutely right. The things Spock is doing aren't justifiable and they don't make SPider-Man a better hero, but that's what makes it so interesting I think. The story where Otto takes over Peter's life and acts just like Peter isn't as engaging to me as the one where he takes over and acts opposite of how Peter would.

#33 Edited by The_jackolantern (445 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I went on a rampage and burnt ever comic I owned. Then I went down stair and punched my girlfriend. Comics can never change, I cant handle it.

#34 Edited by joshmightbe (24907 posts) - - Show Bio

@spinningbirdcake: my whole issue here has more to do with SpOck fans who denigrate Peter. I understand that its a story and will eventually end I just hate hearing people act like I'm just being set in my ways when I just want the real Spider-man to be treated with some respect.

#35 Posted by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Yeah I hate that too. I do hope that the whole "rebuilding" phase post Superior doesn't take too long. I want to see Peter being loved again by his supporting cast. I would assume Peter coming back can't be a huge event without exposing his identity.

For instance Mary Jane will just say "Oh Peter was being a jerk because his mind was swapped with Otto." People like Aunt May could possibly have a harder time forgiving him because you can't just say "Otto took over Spider-Man" without saying "That means he took over Peter too. THat's why he was being a jerk."

#36 Edited by dondave (37972 posts) - - Show Bio

No. He didn't take over the series like SpOck. Besides Sinestro was awesome and I enjoyed it.

#37 Edited by RetconCrisis (3935 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really.

I kinda liked how they made Sinestro a GL in the New 52, primarily because in the beginning, he wasn't really a truly evil (sinister... lol) character, he simply was overportective of his planet, and being stripped off his GL 'badge' after being caught doing something he felt was the "ultimately good" thing to do to keep his people safe (his dictatorship over his home planet Korugar). Giving Sinestro a second chance was pretty awesome, and the conflict during Hal and Sinestro's battle as Parallax in the First Lantern Volthoom story arc was pretty cool.