#1 Posted by buttersdaman000 (10482 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it safe to do that? I want to buy Action Comics #900 because I missed it when it came out and its been bugging me ever since.....but, I dont know if its safe to order it online. Im scared that im going to pay 20+ dollars for a ripped up, stained comic.....

#2 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't know Amazon sold single issues. Anyway, they're pretty good at securing their packages, so I don't think you have much to worry about. Personally, though, I'd check out comixology first if you don't mind digital comics. They're much more conviniant.

#3 Posted by Edamame (28372 posts) - - Show Bio

For individual issues, you will probably have to buy from other sellers. I would say that doing that is a little more risky than buying directly from Amazon, but I don't think that there should be any major problems. Trades are usually bought from Amazon and not from other sellers, but older trades are usually bought from other sellers.

I also wouldn't worry about the condition of the comic because there are selections of "new, old, etc.".

#4 Posted by inferiorego (28274 posts) - - Show Bio

For single issues, I'd highly recommend your LCS. At least you know the condition it's in when you buy it, and $20+ for #900 is a bit much

Staff
#5 Posted by Edamame (28372 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by HeroMuseum (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazon is safe, I've never had a bad experience with them. I just received Tale of Sand from them and it was shipped safely. I also second the Comixology idea, I recently started using it and It's pretty sweet. Of course Comixology is what has allowed me to rationalize buying the new Ipad because I need that awesome screen resolution to read my comics right? lol

#7 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I use mycomicshop.com (Lone Star Comics from Texas), never had an issue with them...I use Amazon for trades but with issues I like using one site that has essentially everything so I can buy in bulk

That said, I'm pretty sure Amazon is trustworthy regardless although if its "other seller" that technically means its not Amazon (which is the case for purchasing single issues)

#8 Posted by buttersdaman000 (10482 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer to hold the comic in my hand so im not going to use comixology.

I just used mycomicshop.com and bought the variant version for 9 dollars. I wouldve preferred the original but the variants nice too.

@aztek_the_lost: @inferiorego:

Thanks

#9 Posted by rico_3088 (486 posts) - - Show Bio

@buttersdaman000: never had a bad experience with them, and i used many different shippers on amazon. they always come as they stated on the website and sealed tight.

#10 Posted by Joygirl (19951 posts) - - Show Bio

I order 100% of my comics from Amazon, usually in compilations or sets. So far, they have all been in perfect condition, even if they were "used".

#11 Posted by Deranged Midget (17965 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

For single issues, I'd highly recommend your LCS. At least you know the condition it's in when you buy it, and $20+ for #900 is a bit much

Plus shipping is always a hassle.

#12 Posted by ollie_arrow (8 posts) - - Show Bio

I usually buy hc or tpb off talesofwonder.com. Usually cheaper and free shipping. Action Comics 900 is included in the Reign of Doomsday hardcover for $14.29.

#13 Posted by Raiiyn (3597 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazon is pretty safe. I bought a lot of the older Supergirl comics I have from both Ebay and Amazon. All of them arrived in excellent condition. They usually look just like the pictures. Also, most sites have a 'seller reliability' system that shows you feedback other people have provided from transaction with the seller.

#14 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

One risk you take with Amazon is if there is a problem with your service or merchandise you'll never, and I mean never, be able to actually speak to a real live person.

Amazon is overrated, imo.

#15 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7956 posts) - - Show Bio

I would recommend E-bay and using trusted quality sellers, I've opted to do this now where I am seeing as my LCS is another Forbidden Planet. The store I buy off is independent so I would much rather support them.

#16 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11268 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

Kill the non-believer!

#17 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

@PowerHerc said:

Kill the non-believer!

Lol !

#18 Posted by ReadingRainbow (13 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to buy singles from Diamond Distributors...are they still around?