#1 Posted by Vulshock (157 posts) - - Show Bio

I decided that I wan't an omnibus from Marvel but I just can't decide which one to choose. I've already narrowed it down a little so here's a list:

• X-Statix by Peter Milligan & Mike Allred
  • Uncanny X-Men vol. 1 by Chris Claremont
  • Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender
  • New X-Men by Grant Morrison
  • Annihilation Omnibus by Dan Abnett
  • Fantastic Four vol. 1 by Jonathan Hickman
  • Fantastic Four vol. 1 by John Byrne
  • Fantastic Four vol. 1 by Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
  • Deadpool by Joe Kelly
  • Daredevil by Frank Miller & Klaus Janson
  • New Avengers by Brian Michael Bendis
  • Spider-Man by Roger Stern
  • Iron Man by Michelinie, Layton & Romita Jr.

I know it's a long list but hopefully some of you will take the time and help me decide what to spend my hard earned money on!

#2 Edited by Jayc1324 (13397 posts) - - Show Bio

The daredevil one.

#3 Edited by Aurelian (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Annihilation was really great.

#4 Posted by CaptainHoopla (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny X-Force

#5 Posted by Cap10nate (2726 posts) - - Show Bio

Annihilation omnibus would be my top choice out of the ones listed. Byrne's FF would be my number two. Can't go wrong with Miller on DD either.

#6 Posted by Squares (8392 posts) - - Show Bio

New X-men.

#7 Posted by Vulshock (157 posts) - - Show Bio

@aurelian: @cap10nate: GOTG has made me really interested in Marvels cosmic books. Is Annihilation the start of Abnett's run?

#8 Posted by Cap10nate (2726 posts) - - Show Bio

@vulshock: Abnett actually did not write Annihilation. Keith Giffen wrote the main event with Abnett writing a lot of the tie in prequels and tie ins. It is my favorite event of all time. Nova vol. 4 by Abnett came out of Annihilation and is a very good run. Half way through the Nova run, Abnett wrote the Annihilation; Conquest event that is also very good. GOTG by Abnett comes out of this event. Nova and GOTG run for another 20 plus issues before they culminate in the Thanos Imperative.

That extended run from Annihilation to Thanos Imperative is one of my favorites of all time and really one of the best character arcs that you can find with Richard Rider. I would definitely check it out if you get the opportunity

#9 Posted by Billy Batson (58309 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Statix.

Remember that you can buy collections for almost half off online.

BB

#10 Posted by KittyParker13 (2893 posts) - - Show Bio

Annihilation is one of my favorites, so that's probably what I'd recommend. I read it digitally and enjoyed it so much I'd like to buy the Omnibus of it, myself.

#11 Posted by Vulshock (157 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson: Yeah, I'm probably going to get it through Amazon since I don't have any places that sells comics nearby.

@cap10nate: I will check out the cosmic stuff but I haven't decided if I'm going to do it digitally yet but thanks for the help.

#12 Posted by Billy Batson (58309 posts) - - Show Bio

@vulshock:

Do you live in the U.S.? If so, use instocktrades.

BB

#13 Edited by Vulshock (157 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson: No, I live in Denmark so the uk version of Amazon is the cheapest option for me.