Buy Me This! 3/24/14

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

While "Buy Me This" has taken a look at more expensive things available for purchase all over the net, this week, we're taking a look at things you can actually afford, if you're poorish like me. This week's theme is comic related items you can wear! We have a few cool picks for you this week. Let's get right down to it!

Millennium Falcon Cufflinks

No Caption Provided

You can stay classy and extremely nerdy with the Millennium Falcon Cufflinks, which just happen to be the coolest cufflinks available for purchase. These cufflinks comes to us from SuperHeroStuff and they will run you $59.99. Sure, $60 may seem like a bit much, but cufflinks are a classy accessory and sometimes, classy costs cash. What really put this item over the top for use was the Rebel Alliance insignia on the inside of the link. If I ever needed to wear cufflinks for some reason, these would be ones I'd buy.

Comic Book High Heels

No Caption Provided

For years, Etsy was this magical place I only heard my fiance talk about in passing, but now I know it's a place where folks sell their handmade crafts to people around the world. What we found there was pretty dang cool: High heel shoes with comic book pages on them. These shoes come from KerrysComicCrafts and are highly customizable. You can pick whatever type of shoe you want and whatever type of character you want. To own a pair of these heels, you'll have to shell out $110.06. But hey, style doesn't come cheap.

Superman Pool Cue

No Caption Provided

After watching The Hustler for the 15th time or Poolhall Junkies for the 12th, I thought I could be a great billiards player. Unfortunately, it was all a pipe dream because I didn't have skill or was it because I didn't have a sweet Superman pool cue? This cue comes to use from the DC Comics Shop and will run poolhall hustlers $199.95. The cue is produced in partnership with McDermott and it also comes with its own carrying case.

Chewbacca Costume Hoodie

No Caption Provided

We've seen lots of costume hoodies around the net and even being sold at shows, but this is one of the coolest ones around. We found this Chewbacca costume hoodie over at SuperHeroStuff and if you want to look like one of the coolest wookies in the galaxy, and stay incredibly warm, then this hoodie will cost you $79.99. It's probably one of the most expensive hoodies you can buy, but it's worth it.

That is it for this week's Buy Me This! We will see you guys next week when we are back to talking about things way too expensive for most of us to afford, unless we all won the lotto. Let us know what you think of this week's batch of items in our comment section below!

Mat "Inferiorego" Elfring is a writer, joke teller, twitter guy, podcaster, and does NOT want you to buy him anything in this piece.

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I really like the Marvel line of shoes that Vans put out.

Also, today's Teefury is pretty great. Bought both of them!

http://www.Teefury.com

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I'd rather have Death Star/Empire cufflinks

Overlander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

Cufflinks are the winner, though I can think of a couple friends I'd love to get the Wookie Hoodie.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Someone needs to buy me this....... That there is a sexy pinball machine.

No Caption Provided
weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I love the cufflinks and the heels! Chewbacca thing is cool too.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Not much to strike my fancy this week.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kidchipotle

The high heels would be really cool to get my girlfriend as a gift.

IF I HAD ONE!

No Caption Provided
DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

No Caption Provided

Interesting pinball machine although most STERN machines are lacking "flow". On first view I'd say this one isn't any different. There's only 2 ramps and one of these seems to be a very difficult shot as the ramp is hidden behind the Wolverine plastic and can only be hit via the upper right flipper. Most STERN machines and their game play/flow suck compared to the +15 years old Williams machines (Medieval Madness, Theater of Magic, Indiana Jones, The Addams Family, Twilight Zone, No Good Gofers, or Star Trek).

Here's the official ad and playfield:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a Chewbacca costume hoodie?
I already have the X-wing pilot one (shocking, I know).

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ren_

I need those shoes...

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Cool stuff.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

IF I HAD ONE!

No Caption Provided

You could buy them then shave your legs and admire them in a mirror and pretend there your girlfriends?

Avatar image for theformermarionettegeist
Theformermarionettegeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By judasnixon

@donfelipe: You Sr. knows your pinball...... You had me at Medieval Madness.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By DonFelipe

@judasnixon said:

It's one of the best pinball machines. Unfortunately it's also one of the most expensive and hard to get. The X-Men costs between 5-6k. The MM in good condition could easily cost twice as much or even more when fully restored from a recognized restorer. If I'll ever get another one it would be the Theater of Magic.

By the way, a top rated STERN machine would be Spider-Man (from 2007; ~6k):

No Caption Provided

Looks like the 3 yellow targets in the center can be lowered to make way for the center shot below Sandman.

No Caption Provided
@renchamp said:

@donfelipe: You are doubling up your nerd-dom here. Bravo.

...and I'm still working my way up on the high-score list. :)

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

IF I HAD ONE!

No Caption Provided

You could buy them then shave your legs and admire them in a mirror and pretend there your girlfriends?

Who says I don't do that already? ;)

(I don't)

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Transformers1024

I'd like to thank all of the users on this post that reminded me how much I want to buy a pinball machine >.< I really want to buy that Chewbaccah hoodie too!

Oh, and this is still the most badass segment of the week Mat!

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

On the subject of the shoes:

"The item listed is a hand decorated pair of High Heeled Shoes using real Comic Books. Each design is unique and can be tailored to your preferences, giving you the opportunity to choose the superhero(s) featured."

Why ruin comic books when you could just use scans?! :/

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#24  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

@judasnixon said:

No Caption Provided

Interesting pinball machine although most STERN machines are lacking "flow". On first view I'd say this one isn't any different. There's only 2 ramps and one of these seems to be a very difficult shot as the ramp is hidden behind the Wolverine plastic and can only be hit via the upper right flipper. Most STERN machines and their game play/flow suck compared to the +15 years old Williams machines (Medieval Madness, Theater of Magic, Indiana Jones, The Addams Family, Twilight Zone, No Good Gofers, or Star Trek).

Here's the official ad and playfield:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@judasnixon said:

It's one of the best pinball machines. Unfortunately it's also one of the most expensive and hard to get. The X-Men costs between 5-6k. The MM in good condition could easily cost twice as much or even more when fully restored from a recognized restorer. If I'll ever get another one it would be the Theater of Magic.

By the way, a top rated STERN machine would be Spider-Man (from 2007; ~6k):

No Caption Provided

Looks like the 3 yellow targets in the center can be lowered to make way for the center shot below Sandman.

No Caption Provided
@renchamp said:

@donfelipe: You are doubling up your nerd-dom here. Bravo.

...and I'm still working my way up on the high-score list. :)

Next week, let's talk about pinball and arcade machines....

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

@judasnixon, @inferiorego: I had the chance to play that pinball machine in a cruise from Carnival last year. It was really awesome, it had character voices and the X-Men theme song from the 1992 animated series. I loved every minute of playing it. It's really fun!

@missj: I'm pretty sure you would love to have those shoes (from this article) knowing how much you love shoes. They look pretty awesome! Too bad, it wouldn't suit me, lol. :-P