• 56 results
zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zaied

Would be great news. Bruce Timm along with Dwyane McDuffie (R.I.P.) played a huge part in DC's animated success.

Their recent films haven't really been the same IMO.

Avatar image for thehonorablewarrior1982
TheHonorableWarrior1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@zaied: At last another who gets it

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yahoo, back to Batman centric Justice League stories with the other heroes needing Batman to hold their hands along the way.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@superguy1591: Woah. People like you exist? I had no idea the DCAU and Bruce Timm had any detractors. Can I take a few pictures of you and see if I can't submit them to National Geographic? I'll give you 35% of whatever I get for your photos. Cash only, non-negotiable. What do you say?

Avatar image for blackhawk000111
blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By blackhawk000111

@superguy1591 said:

Yahoo, back to Batman centric Justice League stories with the other heroes needing Batman to hold their hands along the way.

U cant just stop hating batman can u lol

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if its in new 52 continutiy or stand alone film

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superguy1591 said:

Ohhhhhhh, that's what it is!

Yeah, he's rather transparent, ain't he?

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Darling_Luna

@jaken7 said:

@blackhawk000111 said:

@superguy1591 said:

Ohhhhhhh, that's what it is!

Yeah, he's rather transparent, ain't he?

He's mister Bones

No Caption Provided

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JakeN7

@darling_luna: Why and how would a skeleton smoke if he's got no lungs?

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Nope, mister bones had lungs, he just has invisible skin.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JakeN7

@jaken7: Nope, mister bones had lungs, he just has invisible skin.

No, shaddup though. I had a good point!

Y U DO DIS 2 MEE LUNA, Y!?
Y U DO DIS 2 MEE LUNA, Y!?

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Nopes

and pets the sad kitteh

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who hated Batman? You guys and your victimization, I just said I don't like how Timm writes his JL.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, so we'll be treated to a bunch of de-powered characters and wonder woman prancing around batman like a school girl for 70 or so minutes and then have batman swoop in and save the day. Lol, i'm just joking guys. Glad to have Timm back, we'll see what he can do.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By SaintWildcard

@jaken7 said:

@superguy1591: Woah. People like you exist? I had no idea the DCAU and Bruce Timm had any detractors. Can I take a few pictures of you and see if I can't submit them to National Geographic? I'll give you 35% of whatever I get for your photos. Cash only, non-negotiable. What do you say?

I hate Bruce Timm (and Paul DIni) too, I want in one this

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

I'm gonna need the ghost of Steve Irwin (he'll do the approaching and introducing of you rare specimens) and investigative journalist Lisa Ling (she'll get to the bottom of this) to get on this case.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, so we'll be treated to a bunch of de-powered characters and wonder woman prancing around batman like a school girl for 70 or so minutes and then have batman swoop in and save the day.

It's an epidemic!

Lol, i'm just joking guys. Glad to have Timm back, we'll see what he can do.

Oh thank gawd!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't even consider myself a Batman fan and I think this is great news.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SaintWildcard

@jaken7 said:

@saint_wildcard said:

I'm gonna need the ghost of Steve Irwin (he'll do the approaching and introducing of you rare specimens) and investigative journalist Lisa Ling (she'll get to the bottom of this) to get on this case.

Loading Video...

Mystery solved. F**K THOSE GUYS!!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

Why are people so focused on Batman? Bruce Timm also did Superman TAS, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Justice League: Doom, Superman vs. The Elite, All Star Superman, Wonder Woman, Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, Green Lantern TAS, Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, Justice League: The New Frontier, Green Lantern: First Flight, Teen Titans, Superman/Doomsday, Superman: The Last Son of Krypton, DC Showcase: Jonah Hex, DC Showcase: The Spectre, DC: Showcase: Green Arrow, DC Showcase: Catwoman, Superman 75th anniversary short, etc.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

Why are people so focused on Batman? Bruce Timm also did Superman TAS, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, Justice League: Doom, Superman vs. The Elite, All Star Superman, Wonder Woman, Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, Green Lantern TAS, Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, Justice League: The New Frontier, Green Lantern: First Flight, Teen Titans, Superman/Doomsday, Superman: The Last Son of Krypton, DC Showcase: Jonah Hex, DC Showcase: The Spectre, DC: Showcase: Green Arrow, DC Showcase: Catwoman, Superman 75th anniversary short, etc.

I don't have time to debate the others but the 75th was Zack Snyders idea, and

Zacks 75th>>>>>>> Bruce's Batman 75th

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@jaken7 said:

@xwraith said:

I was just trying to make a point, what with that other guy a few comments above me.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@xwraith said:

Also he made Quinn and Livewire

One is one the greatest character ever and one is the one wish even get half of that hehe

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: What was wrong with that scene? Superman can be thrown like any other human. He doesn't weigh more than any average man. And Superman responded in kind.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JakeN7
@saint_wildcard said:

@jaken7 said:

Links? Because I'm pretty sure it was DC's idea. Snyder just teamed up with Timm.

Bruce Timm and Zack Snyder's Superman 75th anniversary short >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Man Product Placement of Steel

Way to irrelevantly nitpick one out of 20+ examples of non-Batman centric Timm work though.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew this thread would be filled with Superman fans scared about Batman getting the spotlight :D

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I knew this thread would be filled with Superman fans scared about Batman getting the spotlight :D

You're goddamn prophetic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@xwraith said:

Mainly it's because of the treatment of the characters in those projects. Superman the animated series portrayed a weaker then normal superman who got punked throughout out the show. Then in justice league half of the characters like wonder woman martian manhunter and green lantern were also severely de-powered. But the one thing that remained constant was batman's status as being above them all. Ideally batman in the animated series was one of the best portrayals of the dark knight with heavy emphasis on detective work and crime fronting. However when it came to doing justice league it went a bit wonky. An example was when batman was able to intimidate a criminal better than superman when in superman the animated series it was shown that superman wasn't beyond intimidating people. And also wonder woman as well was treated a bit unfairly throughout the justice league. Oh Batman dodging the omega beams anyone? Oh and superman's 75th was done by Zack Synder which is why its arguably superior to batman's 75th video. It's remarkable that batman is the front runner of dc and he was given inferior animated tributes. However Timm is still a pretty good director and theres no faulting some of his projects.

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go back to Marvel son

Or you are going to get dunked on

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@wolverine08 said:

You're goddamn prophetic.

No Caption Provided

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By JakeN7

@soldierofel said:

@jaken7 said:

@xwraith said:

Mainly it's because of the treatment of the characters in those projects. Superman the animated series portrayed a weaker then normal superman who got punked throughout out the show. Then in justice league half of the characters like wonder woman martian manhunter and green lantern were also severely de-powered. But the one thing that remained constant was batman's status as being above them all. Ideally batman in the animated series was one of the best portrayals of the dark knight with heavy emphasis on detective work and crime fronting. However when it came to doing justice league it went a bit wonky. An example was when batman was able to intimidate a criminal better than superman when in superman the animated series it was shown that superman wasn't beyond intimidating people. And also wonder woman as well was treated a bit unfairly throughout the justice league. Oh Batman dodging the omega beams anyone? Oh and superman's 75th was done by Zack Synderwhich is why its arguably superior to batman's 75th video. It's remarkable that batman is the front runner of dc and he was given inferior animated tributes. However Timm is still a pretty good director and theres no faulting some of his projects.

Zack Snyder collaborated with Bruce Timm. And that isn't why it was better at all. They were two completely different styles of shorts. The Superman short was a montage of the history of Superman (very fitting). Batman's was a self-contained one-off story featuring an alternate universe Batman that used guns.

And to the rest of your post: Opinons. They're a hell of a thing.

blackhawk000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beware!!! Bathaters are coming!!!!!!

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if its in new 52 continutiy or stand alone film

Probably stand alone

DianaXKal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the record, there are plenty of people that know that Justice League Unlimited is an ode to Batgod. If you're a Batman fanboy (not a fan, but fanboy), of course you would like it. Wonder Woman's and Superman's portrayals were terrible.

And just to point this out, Batman has been the spotlight since 1992 when this thing started, and got out of hand 10 years later. You think we're "afraid" NOW, of all times. Batman sells, everyone knows that, but don't push him to godhood while undermining all of the other characters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7:

True but it would of been awesome to see batman get the same sort of thing. Their have been many different iterations and interpretations of batman which have contributed to his legacy and gave him the cult following that he has today. Like you said opinions are a hell of a thing and in my opinion it just would of been more interesting than what he has been given. Also to the rest of the comment i submitted that's the one of the main criticisms Timm has. He did ignore quite a lot of powers that characters had for the sake of story when realistically they could have been added. It would have been more respectful to those characters.

For the record, there are plenty of people that know that Justice League Unlimited is an ode to Batgod. If you're a Batman fanboy (not a fan, but fanboy), of course you would like it. Wonder Woman's and Superman's portrayals were terrible.

And just to point this out, Batman has been the spotlight since 1992 when this thing started, and got out of hand 10 years later. You think we're "afraid" NOW, of all times. Batman sells, everyone knows that, but don't push him to godhood while undermining all of the other characters.

This.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SaintWildcard

@jaken7 said:

@saint_wildcard: What was wrong with that scene? Superman can be thrown like any other human. He doesn't weigh more than any average man. And Superman responded in kind.

3 Major reasons.

1-Depowering- Of course Superman would have to be depowered for for the series to work (Grant Morrison would say other wise but whatever) but this had to have been the weakest showing of the character ever. Even by TAS standards

• Strength- If Superman doesn't want to be moved he won't be moved easily, especially not with a judo flip. Also let's not apply real world logic to comics, there are times that Superman is pulling on stuff that is to heavy to be moved and since he is normal weight he should not be able to move them but instead end up pulling himself towards them.
  • Speed- Even if we brought down Superman's reaction time to a little under bullet catching he would have stopped from being flipped.
  • Flying- He can fly and yet he fell on that table. Dafuq?

Now you might say Superman can be caught of guard, which is true but Batman had his full attention and he was looking right at him. It's not like Batman snuck up on him.

2- Superman's character was way too aggressive but he seems to laugh off bank robbers attempts at shooting him. He picks up Bank Robbers like a bunch of children but he get's pissed off when a Batman is doing vigilante stuff. "I won't have vigilantes in my town"..... YOU'RE A F**KING VIGILANTE DUDE!!! Also doesn't Superman tackling Batman seem like overkill? But of course if Superman were to just flick his pinky and hit him that wouldn't make Batman seem as cool as taking a tackle from the Man of Steel. Again, he get's shot by robbers=not taken seriously and picked up. Judo Flipped by a vigilante-Tackled into a wall. But the main reason why Superman was written so hot headed here was because...

3-Batman needed a reason to whip out the Kryptonite. The very reason why Batman was in town was to stop Joker from presumably killing Superman with the large Kryptonite dragon he stole. Now of course Batman tells Superman right away why he's in town right?.... nope. He withholds the information while acting as cold as possible and tells him after the "fight". One might claim he doesn't know what Kryptonite is but he always had a hunch that it was and instead of going straight to Superman getting clarification first he decides to be a bunch of punk first instead of warning the man he wants to help. Because info from Punks>>>>>> Getting help from a god and warning him his life is in danger.

@jaken7 said:

Links? Because I'm pretty sure it was DC's idea. Snyder just teamed up with Timm.

How did this all come about?

It was Zack Snyder’s idea,” says Timm, the designer, animator, writer, and producer whose credits include Batman: The Animated Series and Justice League Unlimited. “We had approached him about maybe doing a short for the DC Nation program on Cartoon Network. He said, ‘I’ll think about it,’ and then he had this idea to do basically the entire history of Superman in, like, a minute. We said, ‘Okay … whoooo.’ We started working and quickly realized there was no way to do it, even in a minute.”

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/10/14/superman-75-years-of-heroic-history-in-a-2-minute-animated-short-exclusive/

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By JakeN7

@saint_wildcard: All seemed like nitpicks to me. Also, in regards to your 3rd point, Batman hated Supes at the start of that movie. They hadn't worked together before, and Bats likes to work alone. Why would Bats share any info with Supes?

Why does it matter that it was Snyder's initial concept? And Bruce Timm was the one who approached Snyder, so if anything, it all started with Timm anyways (not that it matters).

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

All hail Bruce Timm!!!!!

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Yes,finally I can see a decent movie,JL War was garbage and SOB was poor.

@jaken7 said:

Does Zack direct feature length animated movies? Nope moving along.

JLU barely featured Batman and most certainly not in a major story role remember the Bat embargo? yes he got a few cool scenes but guess what so did everyone.

Superman's portrayal was ok,if it was as bad then STAS wouldn't have lasted as long as it did.

The non sense here is truly mind boggling.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard said:

..... what?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@saint_wildcard said:

..... what?

That's what I'd like to know too.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good to see Timm back at DC, I was afraid he switched over to Marvel. Batman vs Robin is also comic out in 2015, it will feature CoO.

@jaken7 said:

He also did GLTAS which was awesome.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Yup, I mentioned that one as well in the very post you quoted. :p

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:

@rustyroy: Yup, I mentioned that one as well in the very post you quoted. :p

My bad but there were too many names.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully Batman vs Robin has Dick in the lead.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As Batman or as Robin?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@entropy_aegis said:

As Batman or as Robin?

I have a feeling this will be an origin story for Dick,he'll likely be Robin.