Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#52  Edited By Darkmount1
Loading Video...

I'm sorry, all this usage of "beast mode" made me nostalgic.

Avatar image for sleepbutnodream15
Sleepbutnodream15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

@blkson: Luke Fox? David Zavimbe? Azrael? Those are some cool black guys.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Wow. I first learned about Bronze Tiger in an episode of Batman BATB and I really liked the character.

This looks awesome.

@vortex13 said:

@jaken7: It's actually a tigers head. If you look closely you can see that it has a snout not a beak.

@jaken7 said:

Am I the only one that thinks the emblem on his belt looks like an owl's head? Could there be a possible connection to the Court of Owls?

I know it sounds like a stretch, but he is being written by James Tynion IV who is the current writer of Talon and Red Hood and the Outlaws, a former college student of Scott Snyder's, the back-up writer for Snyder's Batman, and Bronze Tiger is first appearing in a bat-family book.

Hmm....just a thought

@jaken7 said:

@vortex13: Mmm...that's debatable. The ears are definitely owl-like, as well as the eyes and the way the nose (whether it's a snout or a beak) points down like that. I could totally be wrong though. If you just compare Bronze Tiger's head to that emblem though, they don't look alike.

I agree. That looks allot like an owl's head. But, it doesn't really resemble the Court of Owls symbol.

No Caption Provided

There is still a strong possibility that there could be a connection, though.

I think your on to something.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For some reason I'm just craving Frosted Flakes right now!

Shadowmyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunman said:

this is dumb. So basically he is Bronze Tiger in name only. Why not just make a new character? The point of Bronze Tiger was the he isn't meta.

So now he gets a downgrade from a top 5 DC martial artist and loses his suicide squad connection to be a former playmate of Jason's....great.

I agree with this. He shouldn't be a meta because he rivals Richard Dragon in martial arts as human.

OR DONT TELL ME RICHARD DRAGON WILL BE ALSO BE A DRAGON TOO?!

soir8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: Yeah, it does look a bit like an owl head... I think it's supposed to be a tiger head though.

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@sunman said:

this is dumb. So basically he is Bronze Tiger in name only. Why not just make a new character? The point of Bronze Tiger was the he isn't meta.

So now he gets a downgrade from a top 5 DC martial artist and loses his suicide squad connection to be a former playmate of Jason's....great.

I agree with this. He shouldn't be a meta because he rivals Richard Dragon in martial arts as human.

OR DONT TELL ME RICHARD DRAGON WILL BE ALSO BE A DRAGON TOO?!

oh god I hope not!

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie: I enlarged it on my computer, It's a tigers head. It has nostrils not a beak and the stripes on the top of it, as well as the design it has the snout leading up to the ears.

ALittleTooRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By ALittleTooRaph

I'm such a sucker for animal-humanoid characters like this!! Design looks awesome!!

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@vortex13 said:

@battle_forum_junkie: I enlarged it on my computer, It's a tigers head. It has nostrils not a beak and the stripes on the top of it, as well as the design it has the snout leading up to the ears.

@jaken7

After he posted this I tried it out for myself, and he's right.

Sorry about that, Vortex.

Guess there's not going to be any Court of Owls in this one. To bad, though. That was one of my favorite Batman stories...

doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

@the_tree said:

I find this open-chest trend in The New 52 odd.

No Caption Provided

I just notice that and I love them!

Maybe DC thought if Power Girl's chest could be objectified, so can some guys in DC. Looks more like they're aiming for the furry lovers though.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By entropy_aegis

Not really fond of the man-tiger angle but Tynion atleast has ambition and the right ideas from his interviews that I've read.
He's already teased Hugo Strange and Deathstroke for Outlaws,and is using Bane in Talon.Feel bad for Nightwing who's stuck with Tony Zucco and Kyle Higgins.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#64 vance_astro  Moderator

He looks stupid now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Great art, bad idea for Ben Turner.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is Bronze Tiger, then what does Richard Dragon look like now? A were-dragon? I'm not bashing it or making a joke. I'm genuinely curious. Are these guys still tied to Lady Shiva and O-Sensei?

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

replacing one of the few black heroes with a cat. great. and another one bites the dust, sigh. why cant milestone comics come back

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@battle_forum_junkie: There's no reason to be sorry, after all clearly I wasn't sure for me to check like that lol.

mcbean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#70  Edited By iceslick

@wavemotioncannon: He can be a black guy that got mutated, since they said he is half human and half cat.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By OutlawRenegade

replacing one of the few black heroes with a cat. great. and another one bites the dust, sigh. why cant milestone comics come back

@blkson said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@sunman said:

not to mention one less cool black guy who actually looks somewhat human

^Exactly! Can we just have a normal cool looking black hero? Is that so much to ask? He was cool the way he was. This is horrible. I really, really hope this isn't permanent.

TheUnN4med

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This actually looks pretty cool. I like the concept.

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By blkson

@outlawrenegade said:

If this is Bronze Tiger, then what does Richard Dragon look like now? A were-dragon? I'm not bashing it or making a joke. I'm genuinely curious. Are these guys still tied to Lady Shiva and O-Sensei?

Seeing as Rick has always been tied close to Ben, that could be a possibility. If Richard Dragon isn't an actual dragon when/if he is reintroduced and gets to stay a pasty white guy, I'm going to flip some s**t!! As far as O-sensei, I would imagine that Ben is still connected to O-sensei seeing as of right now RHATO is exploring the mystic kung-fu past of Jason Todd. Magic and kun-fu is defiantly up Bronze Tiger's alley.O-sensei could be used as a plot device to connect Jason with Ben.

blackkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, it's a new universe, I guess they can play around with things all they want. I was actually telling my friends that my problem is, they play it too safe and try to keep all the characters appoximately the same which really just serves to alienate readers further. Either go big or go home.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

Not thrilled that Bronze Tiger is an actual animal hybrid now, but I'm sure that is something I will be able to get over. The design is great, and just having the character in the New 52 makes me happy. It would be nice if the somehow tied his origin to Tawky Tawny.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

@the_tree said:

No Caption Provided

The new Bronze Tiger looks cool, but I would rather a different character than screwing up the original.

The Spectre has always had an open chest, although in a different design. And Blue Devil's original costume also had an open chest.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Veshark

@nightfang said:

@the_tree said:

No Caption Provided

I just notice that and I love them!

Maybe DC thought if Power Girl's chest could be objectified, so can some guys in DC. Looks more like they're aiming for the furry lovers though.

Honestly, I find the open chest idea a little weird. If you want to show a character's chest, just let him go bare like Cassaday's Beast:

No Caption Provided

Much better, imo.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By theTimeStreamer

@the_tree said:

No Caption Provided

The new Bronze Tiger looks cool, but I would rather a different character than screwing up the original.

it's so the ladies have something similar to PG's costume.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love that everyone assumes just because he is a half-man half-tiger or were-tiger that he is no longer a black man. I didn't realize that black men were immune to Lycanthropy. There is this weird thing that people get bent out of shape if minority characters are ever altered in the slightest way. Its as if every black character has to run around in a domino mask and identify as black every other issue to satisfy the masses that they are, in fact, still black. I am actually happy we've move passed the days were every character who isn't a white male has to be identified as "Lady" or "Black" as part of their codename.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Went from badass black martial artist to generic cat man

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@vortex13 said:

@jaken7

After he posted this I tried it out for myself, and he's right.

Sorry about that, Vortex.

Guess there's not going to be any Court of Owls in this one. To bad, though. That was one of my favorite Batman stories...

Ah I see. Like I said, it was just a thought. I can just blame it on Booth's artistic inconsistencies...

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By viin

Awww yea this looks cool...this is something ive kinda wanted for ben. I dont see why there should be a big fuss over this I wouldnt say there is that many DC characters you could do this with. Please make it a good change James! (Please no cat themed mercenary group. No Catman yet.)

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#83  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I love that everyone assumes just because he is a half-man half-tiger or were-tiger that he is no longer a black man. I didn't realize that black men were immune to Lycanthropy. There is this weird thing that people get bent out of shape if minority characters are ever altered in the slightest way. Its as if every black character has to run around in a domino mask and identify as black every other issue to satisfy the masses that they are, in fact, still black. I am actually happy we've move passed the days were every character who isn't a white male has to be identified as "Lady" or "Black" as part of their codename.

nobodies assuming he isnt black. they're angry because he is a meta now and doesnt look human

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By jesusdisciple001

He was a tiger in brave and bold.

Avatar image for mightyrearranger
mightyrearranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By mightyrearranger
@jesusdisciple001 said:

he was a tiger in brave and bold

No Caption Provided

ummmmno?

So don't get me wrong here. Stoked as anything that Ben's back in action and thankful for that. But DC: Trying to "update" characters for the modern reader shouldn't involve putting everyone through a 90's-esque "EXSTREMEZOMG!!!111" filter (eg: the open shirts, odd proportions, and EVERY CHARACTER NEEDING A SWORD). The New52 is almost what would happen if Rob Liefeld drew a Die Hard comic written by Andrew WK while the SWAT Kats skateboard on Tech Decks in the background.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope this is just a really good costume.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#87  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

@Iceslick He's not black anymore and anyone just seeing him for the first time would never know that. He went from a guy who could whip Batman's ass one on one to a reject from the old "Bloody Roar" fighting game. Making him more than human takes away from his specialness(?) as a top tier martial artist as it can all be attributed to his powers. I'm not down with that.

Shadowmyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BRONZE TIGER SHOULDN'T BE A META

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

I like the look and I like that this is under Tynion IV, but he'd better be a man who can transform into a tiger and not just weird anthropomorphic tiger.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

I wonder how much of the Ben Turner stuff that they are keeping.

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By laabitres

i approve he looks badass

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By OutlawRenegade

I'll be okay with this if Richard Dragon becomes a humanoid Dragon and if they can both shapeshift. Otherwise, no.

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By blkson

@theblackhood said:

No. People are not complaining because he isn't black anymore. We're complaining because he isn't visibly black anymore. You know a white hero when you see one because he/she is probably wearing something that shows their ethnicity/race. Take Nightwing's domino mask for example. The general public of Bludhaven (well now Chicago :P ) know for a fact that Nightwing isn't black because you can visibly see that he is clearly not. I agree with you on the note, that black heroes having black in their codename to signify that they're black is lame and racist (e.g. Black Lightning, Black Goliath, etc). However, not being able to visibly denote whether a black or any non white hero is..well non white is problematic.

[edit] I wanted to link a tumblr blog post that explains why this is promlematic but its not linking properly. Google "Masked Diversity", click the first link, for a better explaination

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

yes-no-yes-no can't decide

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why not just make this Cat-Man a new villain using an old super villain name? Why change the story so he's the old villain but now "totally rad and sweet and stuff!"

The_House_of_L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By The_House_of_L

Looks like he rocks a totem on his belt similar to the one Vixen use to have. Maybe he transforms into the Tiger. Either way this is badass.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#98  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

Nice, when will he appear?

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts