#2  Edited By Iragexcudder

@humanrocket

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@iragexcudder: I call BS on Bendis part.

TL: In a recent interview, you blame DnA for killing Rich Rider in an apparent attempt to deflect blame for whatever you’re going to do in GotGINO #18

That line makes me less optimistic in that Rich will be back. Bendis is just trying to find a scapegoat for what he's going to do with Rich. I have always been under the impressions that Rich is alive in some form because Sam's powers can only be used with the Nova Force. Robbie's, Quasar's and the other corps members had their Nova Force lost after the Thanos Imperative, but I have been hoping that the Nova Force was still alive as well as Richard since Sam's suit is still powered by the Nova Force. So DnA's claim that they didn't kill Richard and that Marvel just cancelled the series would have made sense. I'm becoming more worried now about GOTG 18 but never the less, I will be picking up the issue.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Iragexcudder

@humanrocket: I thought the same as you my friend. A few of what he said seemed a bit odd to me, I didn't quite understand most of that interview but GOTG 18 will definitely change my mind on Bendis; it's currently neutral.

Either/or a retcon was used "as for Sam Alexander still existing" so whatever Bendis has done to Richard will indefinitely be his death. Either that or he's the force itself in a parallel universe where death wins.

Either way, Marvel will not and won't forget about Richard. Either they'll bring him back in the future for a hopeful crossover, they'll retcon him once again, or they'll bring him back as a villain; we know how badass that is.

Bendis may have killed my guy but nothing is forever in comics:)

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HumanRocket

@iragexcudder: Most of the interview was a role based on some role from Game Of Thrones since they had a "throne" for Bendis in the interview, which I didn't like. But most of the interview was just Bendis saying that DnA would be to blame for anything that readers would dislike from the issues.

I'm sure that the GOTG book and the current Nova book aren't connected in anyway. Seeing how Gamora and Rocket have appeared in different costumes in the series makes me think that what happens in the Nova books makes it's ways into the GOTG book. The Guardians in their own book haven't mentioned Sam so I guess they could address the power of Sam's suit once they get to Sam's dad in the planet he's being held hostage in.

Seeing Rich go evil would be cool. It seems eventually every super hero goes through that stage so I wouldn't mind seeing it, especially if it means that eventually he is brought back to the site of good.

True that. We Nova fans will never forget the one true Nova Prime.

greenlucario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a shame Bendis blaming DnA for his poor writing choices. Their work was some of the best I've ever read, it established Rich as one of my favorite characters.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HumanRocket

That's a shame Bendis blaming DnA for his poor writing choices. Their work was some of the best I've ever read, it established Rich as one of my favorite characters.

I call BS on Bendis because GOTG is his book. He can do whatever he wants in the book in regards to Rich. He doesn't have to kill him off, he can have him sent off in another parallel universe and let him be stuck there for another writer to use. The fact that he had to call DnA on it and BLAME HIM FOR HAVING TO POSSIBLY KILL RICH OFF is a low blow even for Bendis.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a feeling I should add a fourth to my "three characters who stay dead".

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And now that I've read the article... do they really love Bendis that much at CBR?

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Iragexcudder

@xwraith: who are the 3 that are dead?

Is Mar-vell one?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iragexcudder: I was actually referring to Uncle Ben, Bruce Wayne's parents, and Thunderbird. I also realized I put three when I meant to say four.

(Should Ted Kord be on the list too?)

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

(Should Ted Kord be on the list too?)

Actually, Ted Kord is back.

Iragexcudder

Forum Posts