Avatar image for liquidsnakezero
LiquidSnakeZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LiquidSnakeZero

Hey guys i was looking but i haven't had any luck with this. I'm trying to find writer submissions for comic book companies such as vertigo, DC, Marvel and Darkhorse and some others including tokyo pop, viz stuff like that. Anyway i have been looking because i want to submit my original story that me and a friend had come up with which i would actually love to talk about on this site but it isn't copyrighted, padented, or trademarked. So in like a year it will be and i will be more then  glad to talk about them here. I mean i don't have anything lame like Hyperman or Admiral Justice or anything gay like that. I'm looking for submissions, so if ya see any post em here, and if you have any ideas about your own creations post em up here. At your own risk. Any low life peace of shit can steal your ideas sobe careful. I personally think plagiarism and stealing people's material (same thing) is the lowest thing anyone can do. I mean i wouldn't appreciate it if some stole my characters. If you have any suggestions on how to break into the comic book writing world please post them here to. I would really appreciate it. i mean if a company took the time to see the twenty plus ORIGINAL charcters i have thought of they would love it. So anyway yeah post up! and good luck to my fellow writers and artists.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

go to Comicon

LiquidSnakeZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LiquidSnakeZero
...And do what? just walk up to some guy from DC and show em my stuff?
Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Aronmorales

I wonder if it's that easy...

LiquidSnakeZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LiquidSnakeZero
yeah that's why i'm asking if any of you guys have been there or have any ideas on how to get my stuff out there.
Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Aronmorales

I honestly can think of only one possible way, unless you can get to the HQ's of "vertigo, DC, Marvel and Darkhorse and some others including tokyo pop, viz stuff like that", is through Myspace.

LiquidSnakeZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LiquidSnakeZero

wouldn't you think they get a million like submissions a day? I'd go to comic con but its so expensive. a hundred and something dollars a ticket, a motel for 1 night and plane tickets. myspace well i'd rather talk to someone. i've called but calling never helps anyone. i would go the extra mile for comic con but it wont garantee me that i'll speak with somene

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Writers do not get picked up. You need to have an artist attached to your work and 5 consecutive pages to show a company.

LiquidSnakeZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LiquidSnakeZero
5 pages of story or art or art wih story?
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

story and art. Sadly, companies don't think too highly of writers and want to have a complete package. It can be a huge struggle.

LiquidSnakeZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LiquidSnakeZero
dammit. thanks man. um when u say story and art do you mean like in comic book form? because all we have at the moment as far pictures go is like well i cant really say but i well ill post it up when i copy right it. cause i can write 5 pages of story with random pictures of the characters but in comic book for its harder ya know? and sorry for the pestering questions i just want to do this right.
Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Rothschild
@LiquidSnakeZero said:
"dammit. thanks man. um when u say story and art do you mean like in comic book form? because all we have at the moment as far pictures go is like well i cant really say but i well ill post it up when i copy right it. cause i can write 5 pages of story with random pictures of the characters but in comic book for its harder ya know? and sorry for the pestering questions i just want to do this right. "

Yeah he means in comic page form(i think), panels and all... Teh comic industry needs to start valuing writers more, because keep it real, the writer makes the comic what it is,,, I'm a writer too so I know the hardships. Well hit me up if you ever wanna shoot the $#!t or anything
LiquidSnakeZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LiquidSnakeZero

ya dude i will definitely. what do you think the actualy panel pages i send in should be about. main characters speaking of the storyline, fighting sequences?

Xypher07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Xypher07

A preview like you would find in the back of a comic.  Take the best part of your story and put it in there.

EDIT: Before you copyright it you may want to consider the possibility of companies not picking it up because they won't own the copyright on it.  No one of the caliber you're talking about (especially DC or Marvel) will print something they don't own.  What happens if you randomly quit one day?  They suddenly cancel the book?

Rothschild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Rothschild
@LiquidSnakeZero said:
"ya dude i will definitely. what do you think the actualy panel pages i send in should be about. main characters speaking of the storyline, fighting sequences? "

Your best best is to do like Xypher07 said, submit something that would generate some interest...