Breaking Bad + Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. = Suicide Squad

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Edited By RazzaTazz

After so much hype about the series, I figured about two months ago that it was time to finally watch Breaking Bad. I knew going in that it was not really my kind of show, and that was confirmed by watching it, but I can equally respect it for the quality of the production. After starting two months ago, I watched the final episode last night. I know some other people are still working through the show, and so I won't get into spoilers, only I will say that I was somewhat disappointed with the show in the end (though the final episode redeemed that somewhat.) The final episode though did bring up one specific thought to me. Unbeknownst to most of the people that know me here, who think that I am a fan of indie comics and Wonder Woman, one of my favourite series of all time is the original Suicide Squad series from the 1980s. The writing in this series was pretty amazing, while still holding the comic based setting. The thought which occurred to me of watching the final episode of Breaking Bad, was that the series both ended with a similar moment (though at the exact end of SS and only near the end of BB.)

No Caption Provided

Breaking Bad has been given the credit by many for resurrecting television into a new golden age. That being the case, television still goes on as usual in the creation of other television series, and specifically in this case Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. The series is not really very gritty, but it does prove that there is ground and interest in a tv show for a team of superheroes. The missing link I think is to combine the two concepts. The original Suicide Squad would work well as a television show. The series was never at odds to raise moral issues, to put heroic characters into the villain roles, and vice versa. This aspect is one which made Breaking Bad so compelling to so many. Maybe it is time for DC (or Marvel) to look into such a television series, as there is probably no better time.

GC8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1422

User Lists: 8

Awesome idea.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0