Brandon Routh Atom is terrible

Dcmarveljoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Dcmarveljoseph

The suit, it's powers, the fight scenes with him all scream terrible!!! They should have made the suit similar to Flash, regular tights with a few tech around the suit. He should have been a more physical hero and shrink. Ant man is going to outshine Atom on the big screen. Atom is one of the best heroes and can do more with his shrinking then Ant man can, instead he is just this Tony Stark. Right down to the rocket boots and repulsed rays

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like Ray Palmer's personality, but yeah as a hero character he kinda sucks. It really got me scratching my head on why they decided to use Atom when they don't even have him use his established powers and just make him into a Iron Man ripoff.

Why not use a previously established tech-based hero like, i dunno, Blue Beetle or something.

But I guess completely confusing characters and their abilities is a running trend in this show cough*Batarrow*cough

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@rdclip: i think they could be just going step by step into him becoming the Atom. Maybe cw has the rights to change it up so they could be doing just that.

Dcmarveljoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ted Kord would have been much better, Ray isn't even a business man Ceo kinda guy, Kord is. A real close quarters fight with Blue Beetle and Arrow would make me have five, no six, nerdgasms

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard rumors that he was supposed to play Blue Beetle (which would have fit perfectly) but the plans were scrapped at the last minute for undisclosed reasons; most likely to expand the DCTU power set wise or because Blue Beetle will be important in the DCCU.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rdclip: well they wanted to use Blue Beetle and wrote most the story with him in it but WB wouldn't allow them to use Ted Kord, so they had to switch him to the next tech guy Ray Palmer

meaTman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip: They asked for Blue Beetle and WB/DC/whoever makes the decision said no. To which I guess they decided to create Blue Beetle anyway and just call him Ray hoping no one would notice.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

His character is wimpy and his time using the suit is underwhelming

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

They wanted a poor mans Iron Man.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

At least now he can at least shrink. At first he was just the Tony Stark of the Arrowverse.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yeah, I get the feeling they wanted Ted Kord, but had to settle for Ray Palmer.

AngelJax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was AWFUL in Season 3 of Arrow. He got better in Legends but the show would be much better without him.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thing I've never liked about The Atom is how perfect he is. Think Captain America is a goody-two shoes? Compared to Ray Palmer, Steve Rodgers is as flawed as Frank Castle.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny I though he was one of the most likeable characters in Legends, as long as he isn't chasing skirts anyway. And his powers seem fine aside from the random arrow one shot because archers are overpowered in CW.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not more than any other CW character imo.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The most embarrassing and cringe worthy scene with him is his introduction trailer when he shrinks and flies for the first time. The cg looked so bad, I had to look away fromm the screen because of embarrassment.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers