Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

Okay so it seems this topic is heavily disagreed upon, and a lot of people are pretty ridiculous when arguing about this feat.

Let me begin:

No Caption Provided

Okay, so we all know this feat, superman benches the weight of theearth for five days straight. He did this effortlessly, and if I remember correctly he had exactly one drop of sweat come from benching the weight of the earth for literally 5 days straight.

So he did that with zero effort right?

No Caption Provided

As shown in this scan even with the help of martian manhuner he is very much so struggling to move this ship. This in my opinion easily shows that it weighs a lot more then earth.

If superman can bench the earth effortlessly for 5 days straight then for him to struggle with something this much with help, says a lot about that things size/weight.

There however is not an exact weight we can get out of this showing. Which is exactly why it is hard to use and easily debatable.

No Caption Provided

Here is an example of a bad hypothesis, a person is arguing that because they fit all of these earths here that it weighs as much as however many earths are in this picture. That is absolutely ridiculous.

First of all, you cannot assume that what the earth is made of and what this ship is made of weigh the same, and assuming that the same sized things weigh the same. A piece of plastic can be bigger than metal and weigh much less, this comparison lacks logic.

Another point that has been made is that the ship could easily be hollow.

To sum this up I feel the only thing we can gather from this is that the ship weighed more than earth and superman moved it. it is not too much of a stretch to say it weighed a good amount more than earth from supermans past showing of benching the weight of the earth. In my opinion to go any further than my argument is ridicoulous, if you try and give this ship an exact weight you will fail.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

Also superman was already fatigued a bit from the massive amount of heat vision he shot at the ship.

No Caption Provided

@tensor reminded me

@micah

Do you agree with my breakdown?

Also @sodamyat how do you feel about this breakdown?

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By tensor

@thenaughtytitan: Plus it was going at speed about to crash in the earth all those factors need to be accounted for.

If that is not even a big feat the guy escape Black holes more than one.

SonDeathEater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is the lifting feat in the same comic?IF it is, then I guess you could count it, but I dont see the point of knowing the weight.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@sondeatheater: He lift the weight of the planet in a different issue from Brainiac ship.

TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

@sondeatheater said:

Is the lifting feat in the same comic?IF it is, then I guess you could count it, but I dont see the point of knowing the weight.

Different comic, the point is because people argue about it a lot and it is a decent feat to use. I think i showed that he is moving more weight than in the other feat.

@tensor said:

@thenaughtytitan: Plus it was going at speed about to crash in the earth all those factors need to be accounted for.

If that is not even a big feat the guy escape Black holes more than one.

Ok, was the speed stated? If it was then that would be good. The output from superman is definitely greater than the weight of the earth. The heat vision probably did not take too much out of him and of course the ship moving forward makes the amount force superman has to apply to the ship to get it away much greater.

So superman had to put a lot more force and effort in moving this ship compared to his other feat where he benches the earth. So I would say counting all of the factors, the ship moving, him having help, his previous earth feat and him being a bit fatigued amounts to the ship being a lot heavier than earth(especially because it was moving)

Have to think about this a bit more......