• 126 results
#51 Posted by SandMan_ (4528 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe I'm gonna see a movie about a talkin raccoon with a machine gun before Wonder Woman or Flash...

#52 Posted by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have tried more for funny Brit, but not instantly horrible news.

At least it's not Russell Brand or Ben Affleck. Heh.

#53 Posted by ravisher (673 posts) - - Show Bio

whatever

#54 Edited by PowerHerc (81712 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh.

#55 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

The more I hear about this movie the more it upsets me. This is seriously gonna happen before a Wonder Woman move...shame on you Warner Bros.

Indeed it is a crime that Wonder Woman does not have a solid film yet, but that's hardly a Marvel film's fault.

#56 Posted by mattwing87 (426 posts) - - Show Bio

"The Silver Linings Playbook star"

Let's not refer to him from that movie. More like the Hangover star!

#57 Posted by _SomeCallmeYuey (18 posts) - - Show Bio

The more I hear about this movie the more it upsets me. This is seriously gonna happen before a Wonder Woman move...shame on you Warner Bros.

*prayer hands emoji* *clapping emoji* .... they should be ashamed, DC/Warner Bros needs to expand their team of film makers, marvel is releasing blockbuster hits every year. They've only had one Avengers movie and they have had phase 3 established since the beginning of the year...

#58 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6438 posts) - - Show Bio

Great news. I think he will do great!

#59 Edited by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio

i will be amazed if this movie isnt a trainwreck. seriously, it has so many things that can go wrong it's like freaking russian roulette with a revolver with only one chamber empty.

People said that same thing about Avengers, not saying Guardians is going to be the next Avengers, but just saying there were a lot of people who thought Avengers would fail because the cast was to big.

#60 Edited by fingernail9 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping for Gilbert Gottfried, but eh, whatever!

#61 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

....I guess this is okay.

Guardians of the Galaxy is the only Marvel movie I'm looking forward to, so I'll be optimistic regardless.

#62 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have wanted Warwick Davis myself but this is just fine :)

#63 Posted by bloggerboy (543 posts) - - Show Bio

@barkley: But you must admit it's pretty funny how Marvel can put a talking raccoon with guns in their superhero movie and expect the movie to be awesome and profitable.

Meanwhile Warner Brothers has to put Batman in a Superman sequel. I'm stoked for a Worlds' Finest movie but DC could take some risks and make it a Trinity movie.

#64 Posted by ccraft (5078 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetimestreamer said:

i will be amazed if this movie isnt a trainwreck. seriously, it has so many things that can go wrong it's like freaking russian roulette with a revolver with only one chamber empty.

People said that same thing about Avengers, not saying Guardians is going to be the next Avengers, but just saying there were a lot of people who thought Avengers would fail because the cast was to big.

I hope GotG will be better than Avengers to be honest.

#65 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4654 posts) - - Show Bio
We can still dream.

( + )

#66 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio

@ccraft said:

@nova_prime_ said:

@thetimestreamer said:

I hope GotG will be better than Avengers to be honest.

Me to, I just doubt a movie with no known character appeal outside of comic book fans will take over the third spot on all time box office.

#67 Posted by kriminal (644 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't read guardians. so I have no hope for this movie. but also no room for disappointment, which means it may surprise me

#68 Posted by loQ_on (31 posts) - - Show Bio

@shallbecomeabattoo: just because he's doin voice work for one character doesn't mean he can't play another character. Idk why people keep makin comments like this? It also applys to Vin Diesel. He could easily voice Groot and play someone else like Vision(especially if they synthesize his voice a bit, like I hope they would).

#69 Edited by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw. I wanted David Tennant.

#70 Posted by caughtmau5 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

i think he's a good choice, if you look at his history of roles some seem to have that snarky funny "i'm having a good time with this" feel to it so i say yeah bring it on

#71 Posted by Extremis (3344 posts) - - Show Bio
#72 Posted by nrgb2814 (114 posts) - - Show Bio

@barkley said:

@the_stegman:

what does this have to do with DC or warner bros.? they also made a Blade movie before they made Wonder Woman movie its common knowledge.....the internet is full negative stuff....its getting boring.....I bet you will respond to this by attacking me personally too...

#73 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

@nova_prime_: you are saying so many wrong things it hurts, oh it hurts. nobody said avengers was gonna suck, everybody was hyped and got so much more. as for third best superhero movie? no sir. that is spider-man 2. avengers is NUMBER 1.

#74 Posted by flazam (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF?!

#75 Posted by TDK_1997 (14486 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like both Bradley and Rocket Racoon but I don't feel that Cooper is the perfect choice for Rocket Racoon.

#76 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

If Marvel can make this into a huge hit, then I'll be totally convinced that Marvel has become so successful that they can put their logo on anything and it'll sell like hot cakes.

#77 Posted by Rossnrachel4ever (82 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattwing87: What's your beef with Silver Linings Playbook? It was a much better movie than the Hangover.

#78 Posted by Tyrus (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

Man just look at the cast...

Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Glenn Close, John C. Reilly, Benicio del Toro...

#79 Posted by tparks (4387 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm good with Bradley Cooper. I'm not so happy that Ronan is the main villain. I love Ronan, but I like Ronan as the anti-hero, not the villain. I guess it will be cool to see a bunch of Kree getting ripped apart by Groot, but I'd rather see the badoon or skulls.

#80 Posted by space4rentt (60 posts) - - Show Bio

@saapth89 said:

Don't know how this movie gonna be, but Marvel movies get some spot on castings.

This

#81 Posted by Tyrus (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

@saapth89 said:

Don't know how this movie gonna be, but Marvel movies get some spot on castings.

This

The only casting I'm doubting right now in Guardians is Bautista. I've only seen him say 5 words in previews for Riddick and it already doesn't look good IMO.

#82 Posted by DonFelipe (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_vein said:

Seems strange to cast a guy best known for his looks as a voice for a raccoon, but he's funny so it's cool with me.

He does look a bit raccoon-ish with his blue eyes and that signature smirk! His voice will be perfect for RR imho. Though it would have been super funny if they hired Sam Humphries (yes, the comic writer we all know) to be the voice of Rocket.

#83 Edited by Robrat93 (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting choice, i'm sure he can pull it off, be nice to see him do something a bit different, Rocket Raccoon is one character who's voice i would not be able to place so I'm sure Bradley Cooper will do as good a job as anyone else and hopefully own it. My only concern is that I haven't witnessed Cooper play quite a gruff and hard arsed role, definitely will be interesting.

#84 Edited by Wolfrazer (6124 posts) - - Show Bio

@bloggerboy said:

@barkley: But you must admit it's pretty funny how Marvel can put a talking raccoon with guns in their superhero movie and expect the movie to be awesome and profitable.

Meanwhile Warner Brothers has to put Batman in a Superman sequel. I'm stoked for a Worlds' Finest movie but DC could take some risks and make it a Trinity movie.

What's wrong with a talking Raccoon with BFGs? That is just awesome! If you think rabies are bad...well Rocket has something to say!

#85 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetimestreamer: I don't know how long you've been around but there were plenty of people saying Avengers won't work because the cast was to big. Also I wasn't saying it was the third best super hero movie, I was taking about box office.

#86 Posted by KingStandup (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocket Raccoon is one of my favorite comic book characters and Bradley Cooper wouldn't have been my first choice for this role. In fact, I don't think I would've even considered him at all. But I really don't see a problem with this. Reaction to this announcement thus far has been largely negative, but like Affleck-Batman, I think Cooper will surprise everyone and do this role justice.

#87 Posted by Herokiller12344 (992 posts) - - Show Bio

That looks nothing like a Racoon.

#88 Posted by CTG (228 posts) - - Show Bio

@nappystr8 said:

I'm sure Bradley Cooper will be good, and I think his voice is a good fit as well. I just really don't get why they always hire big name actors for these types of roles when they could get terrific seasoned voice actors for a fraction of the cost.

B/c voice actors don't have box office power. The general public isn't going to head to the movies because Nolan North is voicing a character - Bradley Cooper and (unofficially) Vin Diesel? Yea, they will.

That's the gist of it. Marvel is a business. If they could cast "no-name" voice actors for these characters and expect the same box office performance that they could with Cooper and Diesel, they would.

#89 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2215 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#90 Posted by nappystr8 (1044 posts) - - Show Bio

@ctg said:

@nappystr8 said:

I'm sure Bradley Cooper will be good, and I think his voice is a good fit as well. I just really don't get why they always hire big name actors for these types of roles when they could get terrific seasoned voice actors for a fraction of the cost.

B/c voice actors don't have box office power. The general public isn't going to head to the movies because Nolan North is voicing a character - Bradley Cooper and (unofficially) Vin Diesel? Yea, they will.

That's the gist of it. Marvel is a business. If they could cast "no-name" voice actors for these characters and expect the same box office performance that they could with Cooper and Diesel, they would.

I know that is the mindset the big studios have, but I can't help but find that reasoning faulty. When people go to see a Bradley Cooper movie, they go to see Bradley Cooper, they go to see his face, his mannerisms, his acting ability and his charisma. They generally do not go for the actor's voice, nor simply because they recognize their name on a poster. Nobody is going to consider GOTG to be a Bradley Cooper movie just because he is voicing a Raccoon, it's just not how people think. The animated film Rise of the Guardians wasn't a Hugh Jackman movie, because he played the Easter Bunny in it, nobody hears about the movie Turbo and thinks of Ryan Reynolds. Unless they are famous for having an incredibly distinct voice in addition to their live action work; like Ed Asner, Keith David, Eddy Murphy, etc, then it doesn't matter. Especially if the actor is not even the star of the film.

#91 Posted by Mellow_Hype (72 posts) - - Show Bio

@nappystr8: exactly the could easily use the earths mightiest heros voice actors for Groot and Rocket Raccoon.

#92 Edited by HammerDown (80 posts) - - Show Bio

just wow.

#93 Posted by Mrgreenlantern (653 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just going to say it....I love G-man's voice for rocket raccoon! recast him now plzzz

#94 Posted by TekTheNinja (766 posts) - - Show Bio

they should use greg ellis.

#95 Edited by TekTheNinja (766 posts) - - Show Bio

@iceslick said:

I overreacted when I heard this news too. But trust me after watching this video that someone posted on IGN. It has got me convinced that he can actually pull this off. Watch it from the 4:17- on mark.

this makes me feel a little better about this... :(

#96 Edited by Jaymundo (168 posts) - - Show Bio

A pretty good choice in my opinion...

#97 Edited by Bowyer (1 posts) - - Show Bio

well it is a good cast and i will see it,but i will never refer to this team as guadians of the galaxy. that right is reserved for the original 31st century team.

#98 Edited by CommanderShiro (169 posts) - - Show Bio

Not my first choice for Rocket Raccoon. That being said, I'm still very hyped for this movie.

#99 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6223 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn you can never please everybody especially comicbook fans when it comes to comicbook movies.

#100 Edited by SlickyMike88 (213 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm scared of the budget of this movie:P Will it reach it's goal or will it bomb at the box office ? They better marked this movie the right way , so far Marvel hasn't failed yet.