Bluto's strength

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JohnnyZ256

Roughly, how does Bluto's strength compare to the strength of the following?

A) Data

B) T-800

C) Spider-Man (comic version)

D) Zangief

E) Master Chief

F) King Kong (2005)

G) Hulk (weakest comic version)

H) He-Man (cartoon)

I) Popeye (before and after spinach)

J) Darkseid

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By fodigg

You're talking about the Popeye villain?

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JohnnyZ256

Yes.

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By xybernauts

@JohnnyZ256 said:

Roughly, how does Bluto's strength compare to the strength of the following?

A) Data

B) T-800

C) Spider-Man (comic version)

D) Zangief

E) Master Chief

F) King Kong (2005)

G) Hulk (weakest comic version)

H) He-Man (cartoon)

I) Popeye (before and after spinach)

J) Darkseid

Funny question. Basically he'd get his ass kicked (if not killed) by most of the people on that list. He only has human level strength. Why?

I also want to take the time to point out how the Popeye cartoon series isan allegory on the importance of healthy dieting and exercise in relation to strength.

• Bluto is tall and strong, but he's overweight. I imagine that while he has strength he lacks endurance. That's why he can pummel Popeye at the start of fight, but by the end of the fight he gets his ass kicked.
  • Popeye is shorter then Bluto but he seems more fit and judging by the spinach he eats, he eats healthy. As I pointed out before, this is why he always wins his fights with Bluto. He is not as strong as BLuto, but he has a good balance of strength and endurance so he always wins the fights.
  • Olive Oil - obviously how using olive oil is healthy and keeps you thin. Abnormally thin in Olive's case, but apparently judging how popular she is with Popeye and Bluto, apparently she has an attractive figure (or maybe it's her personality).
  • Wimpy - How lack of exercise and poor dieting causes you to be overweight. Judging from how Wimpy is constantly asking to borrow money, either he's really lazy and doesn't work hard enough to make enough money to support his food addiction or his food addiction is so bad that it has crippled him financially.
JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JohnnyZ256

I asked how his strength compares, not how he'd do in various fights with these individuals. Actually, his strength is much greater than a human's. According to ComicVine, he can lift 30-50 tons.

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xybernauts

@JohnnyZ256: Yeah, ok. Technically, you should goto the Popeye forum for this question if there is one. I don't think alot of people are familiar enough with Bluto to know he can lift 30-50 tons. It might have helped if you pointed that out in your original question. Bluto's strength is hard to take seriously because he's a more comedic character like Bugs Bunny or Yogi Bear. Unlike modern superhero comics which are based in science fiction, characters like Bluto are based in comedy so whatever he does is designed to cater to certain comedy scenarios. This is why, for example, such a character can get blown up by a bomb and still survive.

JohnnyZ256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JohnnyZ256

Many DC and Marvel characters can get blown up by a bomb and still survive, some of them without feeling any ill effects whatsoever.