Blu-ray Prices Dropping Soon!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck

Yippee!  As you may know, I love my Blu-rays.  It's HD all the way for me.  I try not to pay more than $25 for my movies and only get the really cool/kick ass ones, of course.  It was inevitable that the prices would go down and it looks like that day will be soon upon us.

As reported by TC Games, Panasonic, Philips and Sony have agreed to form a single licensing firm for the discs.  That means all the companies will only have to go to one place to get the rights to make their Blu-ray products and thus, reducing the price.

Some people may not be aware, but not just anyone can make a Blu-ray product.  You have to pay a license fee before anything is even made (it's similar for the video game counsels).

So for those that don't have a Blu-ray player yet, they should be more affordable soon.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Thank god, shelling out $30 wasn't fun.... and I really wanted the new Futurama film on Blu-Ray, but the regular DVD was $17......Guess which one I bought.....

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
Thats Awesome. I have like 25 - 30 Blu Ray titles now... I wouldnt mine them hacking the prices on the movies a little... help a Brother's Wallet out

lol
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Wall-E was the only one where I paid more than $30 and it was worth every penny.

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Kurrent

SWWWWEEEETTT!

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Korg

If only they had done this last year...

Avatar image for _1elderscrollsfan
#1ElderScrollsFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By #1ElderScrollsFan

About time

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King_Saturn
inferiorego said:
"Wall-E was the only one where I paid more than $30 and it was worth every penny.
"
Yeah... I finally saw Wall-E last week. It was a Great Movie... it surprised me
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By danhimself

i've wanted to start buying blurays for a while now but i couldn't bring myself to pay 30 bucks per movie when i could get the dvd for 15-20

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By King_Saturn
Blu Ray is the Shiznit
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
King Saturn said:
"Blu Ray is the Shiznit
"
yes sir
zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By zero edge

Awesome, this should help secure blu ray as the media format for the next 10 years or so

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By sora_thekey

I don't even have a Blu-Ray Player yet!

young1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love it when Blu-Ray prices drop! I would never spend over $30 on a movie on BR. I love my collection. I notice as of 2014 a lot of Disney prices have dropped from $30 from release date to 3-4 weeks later they are $20!!! Man, I love that. This is why I never buy movies on release date when it hit the stores. I get most of the ones from Walmart since they are so cheap with price hype, and Target is great for those $15 under Blu-Rays! Every other week I would spend $20 on a BR movie(s)... it depends what is in stock. I usually look too to see if there is only like 2-3 copies left on shelf, then I grab em! I noticed too the stores restock Blu-Rays a lot... Still waiting for Universal's box sets to drop under $25 - $40 and above, I would never own on BR... The most expensive set I got 3 years ago was Star Wars Collection for $80 @ Walmart for a Christmas gift. Used all of my gift cards I saved for it! It was really worth it! My first BR Disc! I had my BR player since 2010 so it is still going strong! I love BRs and I will always buy cheap! I don't buy DVDs no more because of the scratches and low quality.