Blatantly Lied To

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By rav4

You know what I hate? You know what I really hate? Incorrect solicits. But not just little mistakes in solicits, solicits that are so wrong or include something not even remotely close to what happens in the issue that you've basically been blatantly lied to in order to buy it. Take the Superboy Annual #1 that came out today, for example. Here's the solicit: A "H'El on Earth" tie-in issue! Superman learns the truth about just what Superboy is. But is it the whole truth? Plus, Rose Wilson of the Ravagers crashes back into Superboy's life--and she's got some dangerous new ideas about his destiny!

That bold part? Didn't happen. Rose wasn't in the issue (though maybe I should be thankful since the writing was atrocious and likely would have butchered her).That was the only reason I bought it, too. Actually, come to think of it, they didn't really even "learn the truth" about Superboy either. The solicit was completely incorrect. A lie. And now I'm out $5 because of it.

NewComicGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NewComicGuy

This seems to happen a fair bit in comics. I've noticed a few times that a character will be on the cover and either barely be mentioned or not be mentioned at all.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By the_tree

Yep. I hate that s###. Happened to me with Batman: The Dark Knight #9.

"NIGHT OF THE OWLS" continues here!• Guest-writer JUDD WINICK joins artist DAVID FINCH for the return of RED ROBIN!• Red Robin is back in Gotham City just in time to face off against TALON and THE COURT OF OWLS!

The story was centered on the Talon, and Tim was only in the book for like two panels.

NewComicGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By NewComicGuy

On television and in entertainment, this would be called a hook. The problem is, they deliver on the hook, so I guess we can just call this the knife, as in stabbing you in the back for your cash.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Jorgevy

@NewComicGuy said:

On television and in entertainment, this would be called a hook. The problem is, they deliver on the hook, so I guess we can just call this the knife, as in stabbing you in the back for your cash.

hahhaaaah

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Its most likely because they release the solicits a while before release and don't bother to (or can't) change them if the writer/editor change their mind for the story.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By TDK_1997

They make you buy the book but most of the times they are tricky and the covers.