Blade should get a reboot

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

For what it is worth, I think Blade is as good as the Batman and Spiderman trilogies and it was arguably the best of its kind when it was released. It had like 1/5th of the Dark Knight series budget and 1/4th of the Spiderman one. I am not digging the crossovers and the in your face mindblowing explosion filled action with not much of a story of the present movies. Blade slashing an unholy army of vampires, That was cool as hell.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 rogueshadow  Moderator

Blade II is an amazing CBM. The first Blade was good, but in my opinion, it had that epic as f*ck opening scene, which is then never really topped for the rest of the film, still good though. Third blade was awful, fun if you shut your brain down, but awful.

A Netflix Blade is the way to go in my opinion. Blade shouldn't be made as a 12 and Disney aren't doing anything above a 12, but through Netflix it can be done.

hatemalingsia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, if the reboot is good.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some time ago there was a rumor for Blade 4, Wesley Snipes even said he wanted to go and kill the Twilight cast.

So no reboot, yes to Blade killing Edward Cullen.

‘Blade’ chasing the ‘Twilight’ kids around? Hey man, there’s always a possibility, and I’m open to it. There have been rumors around that we may explore the opportunity, so give me one more shot!

So Blade gets thing go back to the only way they should be.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

A Blade reboot would be cool, the guy who directed Dredd should direct the new Blade movie.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Some time ago there was a rumor for Blade 4, Wesley Snipes even said he wanted to go and kill the Twilight cast.

‘Blade’ chasing the ‘Twilight’ kids around? Hey man, there’s always a possibility, and I’m open to it. There have been rumors around that we may explore the opportunity, so give me one more shot!

LOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love a 4th movie but Snipes is too old for that role right now and i think the producers and movie companies fell out of love with him due to the whole tax fiasco

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crash_ said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

I would love a 4th movie but Snipes is too old for that role right now and i think the producers and movie companies fell out of love with him due to the whole tax fiasco

Snipes was a scpaegoat, tons of people owe money to the goverment.

Also, they should notice he made the franchise.

Also action movies with older people are betterthat with younger people.

Young people sucks.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd prefer he get more attention in comics. Or maybe even a good animated series.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell, bring back Wesley I say *shrugs*

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gokuss4z

Blade does deserve a new movie but it would have to be rated R not pg13.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By VoloErgoMalus

Yeah, bring back Snipes as Blade and Jane as Punisher, have them cross over to take down a vampiric crime syndicate, a conspiracy as old as the nation itself.* Maybe some sort of manifest destiny arch.

*Nick Cage as Franklin Gates from National Treasure too!

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was I the only one who liked the Blade anime and live action show?

Any who, maybe they should continue on with the same franchise. They could say that Blades' powers began to weaken due to the virus, causing him to begin to age. Then, we can get a version similar to the original comic.

A badass mofo who relays on skill and grit. He could still possess his ability to sense the undead, but now has to be more careful in the field.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think once Doctor Strange comes out that'll open the door to a lot of the more supernatural/mystical characters at Marvel. I can see them giving him is own Netflix show if their current slate works out well for them.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Maybe they should go back to his "Tomb of Dracula" roots. I mean, not for Blade himself but the setting and supporting characters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the idea of an animated series, But if they do, It should be like the Spawn one

Loading Video...

I love Todd McFarlane's Spawn series.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind: Good. I'm not alone. :-)

I will be honest: 1. I did not like the art style, Should have been darker at least, Claymore art style, cinematic and atmosphere would have been perfect

Loading Video...

2. I did not like the voice actors.

3. The soundtrack sucked. The whole thing felt rushed and generic.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gokuss4z

The blade anime kinda sucks it feels like its missing something.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gokuss4z: @crash_: It could have definitely gone on longer but 12 episodes isn't much. It finally succeeded in making Deacon Frost more interesting than the hella bland comic version.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tyger

@crash_ said:

@deathpoolthet1000 said:

Nah, more about how miserable he made the rest of the cast. He definitely wasn't a team player for that last movie.

They actually had a Nightstalkers series planned, but canned it due to how badly B3 went all around.

Personally I'd like to see a Rise of the Midnight Sons Netflix series in the manner they plan on Defenders.

Just don't call them Avengers Supernatural.
Just don't call them Avengers Supernatural.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger: Why should he have been? I head even Kris Kristofferson disliked what was going on with the changes. From what I know, Goyer was simply trying to use the Blade fame to launch a Nightstalkers series. I'd have been pissed if I was Snipes, too.

That film was dead before it hit the screen, IMHO.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger: Why should he have been? I head even Kris Kristofferson disliked what was going on with the changes. From what I know, Goyer was simply trying to use the Blade fame to launch a Nightstalkers series. I'd have been pissed if I was Snipes, too.

Because unless you are a radio show host, being a complete dick generally isn't good for any career? And KK's character died in the first scene, so that probably rubbed him the wrong way.

And the Marvel movies were used to springboard a larger MCU to awesome effect. If Goyer had been successful and launching a Nightstalker Series side by side with Blade, it could have been used as leverage to pick up Ghost Rider and Strange and other 'supernatural' aspects of Marvel Comics.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyger said:
@blackwind said:

Because unless you are a radio show host, being a complete dick generally isn't good for any career? And KK's character died in the first scene, so that probably rubbed him the wrong way.

And the Marvel movies were used to springboard a larger MCU to awesome effect. If Goyer had been successful and launching a Nightstalker Series side by side with Blade, it could have been used as leverage to pick up Ghost Rider and Strange and other 'supernatural' aspects of Marvel Comics.

You should do your best for every movie if you are an actor, but not if you are the writer and director?

Going into another direction wasnt the best for everybody, more since the movie cared too much to the point Blade wasnt the main character in his own movie, Goyer try it too hard and failed for this reason, this would had worked better if it would had being a natural evolution, not Goyer forcing things.

There is no evidence they would had done that, its a huge what if, also isnt weird for actors to be this way, some people its insane and bully other actors or get to work on drugs, i mean heavy drugs.

DWrathborne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be behind a Blade reboot if they dumped the whole 'Daywalker'/half-vampire angle and took him back to highly skilled and motivated, but still human vampire killer. But I know that's not going to happen, so... No. I'm content to leave it where it lies. I'd rather see a faithful reboot of Man-Thing or a Marvel's Werewolf by Night project.

I liked the Blade films, more or less, but I didn't really care for Snipes. Something about him is off putting to me.

On an unrelated note... I think the Darkhold Redeemers would be a great basis for a supernatural horror themed Marvel Netflix series.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I would actually be fine if Snipes returns as Blade.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dwrathborne: I hope that never happens. Because then I couldn't see Blade doing half the thins he does without his powers

Avatar image for marvete_e_dcnauta
Marvete_e_DCnauta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like to see both Blade and Ghost Rider in Doctor Strange

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Blade live action series would be, but make it like the a mix between Underworld and Angel style.