Blackest Night

DeadpoolEmmet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeadpoolEmmet

I just ordered a load of books leading up to Blackest Night from Geoff Johns' run on Green Lantern, (Rebirth, No Fear, Secret Origin, SCW, etc.) and will be getting the appropriate GLC books afterwards. I already know what to read beforehand, what I'm wondering is: what do I have to read during?  

I've been on the Comix app store and, quite conveniently, there is a list of all the individual issues as part of Blackest Night. That's straightforward and handy, but there's almost eighty of them! And that's on top of the background material and prelude, so here's my question: I already have the main TPB, do I have to read all these as well to follow the story? 

I understand that they will undoubtedly enrich the experience, but right now, by budget doesn't cover enriching, only understanding. And having bought the TPB several weeks ago before realising I'd need background reading done, I really want to just be able to say: 'I've read Blackest Night'. All help is very much appreciated.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Crash_Recovery

The only book that I'd truly consider essential reading to Blackest Night is the main Green Lantern title.

While other GL books (and various tie-in minis) may have nice little character moments, the main thrust of the story is in the Blackest Night miniseries and Green Lantern.

I wouldn't really buy anything beyond that.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SmashBrawler

Only Green Lantern and maybe Green Lantern Corps, if you're interested in what happens there

Everything else is extremely superfluous, it's just "DC character fights Black Lantern", that's it