#1 Posted by TheLastSonOfKrypton (112 posts) - - Show Bio

Who do you like more?Why?

#2 Posted by JonSmith (3797 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil. Because for all the dark, grim, tragic, broody stuff that happens to him, for all the things he's loved and lost, he still does stuff like this:

#3 Posted by BattheMan008 (292 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

Daredevil. Because for all the dark, grim, tragic, broody stuff that happens to him, for all the things he's loved and lost, he still does stuff like this:

#4 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (4994 posts) - - Show Bio

Both.

#5 Posted by Wolverine08 (26440 posts) - - Show Bio

Both.

#6 Posted by Spideysense44 (1655 posts) - - Show Bio

Both

#7 Posted by Blackdog2009 (1737 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil. He is much much more appealing, compelling and legendary. He's the 'man without fear' dudes! No contest.

#8 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4465 posts) - - Show Bio

Both.

#9 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther.

#10 Posted by deaditegonzo (3377 posts) - - Show Bio

DareDevil. He is just a more iconic character.

#11 Edited by Catsnlynne (905 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil.

#12 Posted by GrenadeFlow (1079 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther but DD is cool

#13 Posted by Veshark (8514 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther by a mile. I just...don't...care....about DD. Don't get me wrong, he's got great stories and great characterization and all that good stuff...but nothing about him ever appealed to me. The Miller stuff is good storytelling but...*shrugs*

#14 Edited by God_Spawn (35980 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

Black Panther by a mile. I just...don't...care....about DD. Don't get me wrong, he's got great stories and great characterization and all that good stuff...but nothing about him ever appealed to me. The Miller stuff is good storytelling but...*shrugs*

I'm kind of the opposite. I like Murdock just because he was different for me. I like the idea of him being blind, but his other senses being just so great along with the radar sense. I like simplicity of his modified billy clubs, and his skill as a fighter. To me T'Challa is just kind of meh. King of a nation, now King of the Dead. He's ridiculously smart, a ridiculously good fighter, and has some of the best equipment a street leveler can have. He's just kind of everything I guess?

#15 Posted by Veshark (8514 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

I'm kind of the opposite. I like Murdock just because he was different for me. I like the idea of him being blind, but his other senses being just so great along with the radar sense. I like simplicity of his modified billy clubs, and his skill as a fighter. To me T'Challa is just kind of meh. King of a nation, now King of the Dead. He's ridiculously smart, a ridiculously good fighter, and has some of the best equipment a street leveler can have. He's just kind of everything I guess?

To each his own, I guess. Have you tried reading the Christopher Priest run on Black Panther? That was what made me get into the character, and it was before Hickman's upgrade.

The series portrayed him as this intelligent prep-master that people kinda remember him as nowadays, but it also looked at how complex his inner character was. With his father's death at a young age, he lost his entire childhood to be a king. The constant political infighting with the tribes meant that he was always pressured to put on a confident persona.

He never keeps relationships and refuses to even let himself hate his enemies because he thinks that behavior is 'beneath a king'. So he's constantly haunted by the reputation of his father to uphold.

And T'Challa only joined the Avengers to spy on the increasing superhuman population of the States, and he even developed contingencies for his own friends ala Batman.

And because he's so good at it all, his arrogance and hubris is what leads to his eventual downfall at the end of the series. And T'Challa ends up a failure as a king and human being, like a tragic Shakespearean figure who had a rise and fall.

Good stuff.

I have tried giving the DD stuff a read, mostly Miller's work like Born Again but....ehh, I don't know, he's not a character that jives with me.

#16 Edited by God_Spawn (35980 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: I have and it was a good run. I do like T'Challa, so I know his appeal, but he's just one of those characters that if they were killed off tomorrow I would be like "meh". But it's like you said, to each his own.

#17 Posted by TerryBogard2014 (480 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both but going panther in this one

#18 Posted by Veshark (8514 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: I have and it was a good run. I do like T'Challa, so I know his appeal, but he's just one of those characters that if they were killed off tomorrow I would be like "meh".

Ah, cool. I guess every fan has those 'apathy characters' - heroes or villains whom we don't necessarily dislike but have no particular affection for.

#19 Posted by God_Spawn (35980 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Edited by RogueShadow (7826 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil's cool, Black Panther's just better for me.

#21 Posted by RenaissanceMan (767 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Panther

#22 Posted by Spideysense44 (1655 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally decided between the two and I say Black Panther but Daredevil is freaking awesome frick all the haters

#23 Edited by Twentyfive (2405 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil has more stories over the years, and more attention has been payed to him for me not to like him more.

Meaning Daredevil. BP is awesome as well.

He needs a solo, but I like his current position as well.

#24 Posted by batmannflash (6109 posts) - - Show Bio

definitely Black Panther.

#25 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

BP

#26 Edited by The_Titan_Lord (4465 posts) - - Show Bio

Second thought BP.

#27 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3771 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil is more interesting even though I love T'Calla as well

#28 Posted by DareHulk (216 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil by far, never been a Panther fan at all. Don't care about him in the least.

#29 Edited by RenaissanceMan (767 posts) - - Show Bio

@darehulk said:

Daredevil by far, never been a Panther fan at all. Don't care about him in the least.

I can offset that by not caring about Daredevil at all. Which I never have.

#30 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (11715 posts) - - Show Bio

So freaking hard but I have to say Black Panther

#31 Posted by micahparadise (447 posts) - - Show Bio

I love them both (like most people on this thread) but Black Panther is my favorite and is ranked in my top five personal favorite heros of all time!

Everything abou thim works for me. I always loved characters that combined strength with intellect and strategic thinking. And what i love th emost is His nobility. Noble, honorable and regal characters were always the ones i liked the most for some reason.

Black Panther all the Way!!!

(Also i noticed a few persons listed Black Panther as a street leveler, is he a street leveler? i never saw him as that even before his upgrade as king of the dead...well maybe when he took over protecting hells kitchen...but i never saw him as a street leveler. He's beaten super skrulls before his upgrade)

#32 Posted by RenaissanceMan (767 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not a street leveler to me either.

#33 Posted by bunt947 (369 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil's cool, Black Panther's just better for me.

#34 Posted by Mekboy (997 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know much bout either, but I've always found DareDevil to be pretty cool.