Biggest "Bull-cr@b" moment in comics?

• 101 results
Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/ignore_jpg_scale_medium/4/43640/1052837-beyonder_proj_1.jpg

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@juke said:

I know Batman whailin' on your favorite super-powered character can't always be a "bull-s%&*t" moment but I think I speak for everyone when I say,

What the hell were they doing when they were making this panel? Batman kicks the near-invincible Wrath of God and he yells in pain? Seems legit.

No Caption Provided

Well he had a plan, he knew every 2000 years in a tuesday a mole walks backwards, this cause the planets to get some type of radiation that make him weak.

Naaaah, just messing with you guys, this was bullcrap even for Batman standards.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

Bull-Crab sounds like a collectable monster.

jsalz215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By jsalz215

Starfire in the New 52. Also, Tony Stark becoming a titanic jerk to everybody in the Civil War was unbearable.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@jsalz215: He was a jerk? Cap was the REAL jerk. Tony TRIED to do good at least. Cap just wanted to punch people who didn't live up to his standard of freedom.

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, the Death of Superman. Really powerful story, with an amazing initial follow-up. Then we find out Superman was basically just taking an extended nap, and the experience feels very cheapened.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#57  Edited By BatWatch

@jsalz215:

I couldn't stand that they made Tony, the conservative, the one who wanted everybody registered. Let's think this through. Which side of the aisle wants dangerous weapons registered in the United States for the public good. The left or the right?

GRRR. Yet nobody sees the hypocrisy of objecting to wanting guns registered but not wanting powers registered. Both are dangerous. Both can be used for good or evil. Only one was enshrined in the Constitution.

End rant.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By BullPR

For me, the Death of Superman. Really powerful story, with an amazing initial follow-up. Then we find out Superman was basically just taking an extended nap, and the experience feels very cheapened.

Yes.

You convinced me. Superman death had (of course) a much much bigger impact that Jean Grey's. Same BS at the end.

I change my vote.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#59  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Aquaman getting his hand eaten.

The whole Superior Spider-Man crap

Sharon Carter dying

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch said:

@jsalz215:

I couldn't stand that they made Tony, the conservative, the one who wanted everybody registered. Let's think this through. Which side of the aisle wants dangerous weapons registered in the United States for the public good. The left or the right?

GRRR. Yet nobody sees the hypocrisy of objecting to wanting guns registered but not wanting powers registered. Both are dangerous. Both can be used for good or evil. Only one was enshrined in the Constitution.

End rant.

So, you will be in favor to add an Amendment?

Or you think that Tony Stark was the liberal lefty and Cap the conservative from the right?

:-)

Nice rant anyway. It's out of topic so I will stop here, but I will remember that.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@batwatch said:

@jsalz215:

End rant.

I think Tony was meant to represent the Bush/Conservative side in the post 9/11 debate of security vs freedom.

As for the difference between powers and guns, it's similar to the mutant debate, anyone could have the power of a WMD.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally forgot about that one.

Loading Video...

Sharon Carter dying

What makes them bull-cr@b moments?

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr:

Thanks.

Truthfully, I can't see either Iron Man or Cap supporting power registrations, but it certainly isn't consistent with Iron Man being conservative.

Interestingly, the ninth and tenth amendments to the Constitution already ban the federal government from doing anything it's not specifically given power to do in the Constitution, and since there is no "you can register people" clause, that would mean it would be prohibited. However, the 9th and 10th have been ignored for the last hundred years or so. If they were not, about half the federal government would shut down overnight.

I'm assuming you don't want to go into detail about this, but if for some strange reason you do, I can show you how it changed over time.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Because Aquaman isn't weak enough to get his hand eaten off by fish. That moment is one of the biggest reasons he has a negative stigma. It was a stupid PIS moment that everyone thinks is legit because they've never read a single Aquaman comic in their life.

Sharon dying was equally idiotic. Sharon and Cap have all ready been through hell more time than I can count. If any two people deserved to have a little bit of happiness, it was them. They were discussing marriage at the beginning of the run and then Remender up and kills her at the end of his terrible Dimension Z story.

Then to make it even worse, because Cap spent 10 years in that place, he doesn't even care that Sharon died. He cares about the boy he raised instead. And while that is somewhat understandable for Cap, its not understandable to a reader who's known this stupid kid for 5 minutes when I've known Sharon for years. It was like a slap in teh face.

Suffice to say, I'm not reading Cap until Remender is done writing him. Hopefully he does screw him over too much, I have enough of that going on with Spider-Man as is.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65  Edited By Superguy1591
No Caption Provided

@dernman That was all the way back in the 1970s. Their "relationship" isn't as new as you think. They've flirted with the idea for over 40 years.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By dimitridkatsis
No Caption Provided

Ahhh found it.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All Civil Wars!!!!!

Pretty much.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

World War Hulk.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: Interesting. I was on the same page as @batwatch, but you are making valid points.

Tony Stark should not be in favor of the registration.

I never heard of the 9th and 10th amendment was I was living in France (normal), or since I'm living in the US (less normal I would say...)

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:

World War Hulk.

I disagree. Could you emphasize?

One of the first "new" comics I bought and read after more than a decade more or less comics free.

Loved Planet Hulk and Loved its follow up.

World War HulkS was more difficult to swallow.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@dernman That was all the way back in the 1970s. Their "relationship" isn't as new as you think. They've flirted with the idea for over 40 years.

Err. Isn't this from "For The Man Who Has Everything?" if so, this would be 1985. Although there were teases of this relationship in the 70's, this isn't from then.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr: Well, first of all, it didn't really feel like an event, but more like Hulk slapping around all the characters in the Marvel U.

Secondly, he is angry over the Illuminati destroying his world... and then he destroy NY, and that way makes thousands of innocent people homeless, including ruining their jobs.

And he makes the Illuminati fight to the death in front of their friends and loved ones... OUR HERO, EVERYBODY!!!

And I also never got why the Illuminati would be so stupid to send Hulk into space to begin with. Nick Furry, possibly, but 5 of the smartest men on Earth?

And on a sidenote: Everyone keeps telling Tony how big and bad he was for supporting registration, but Hulk? Hulk is forgiven because reasons.

I possibly have more to complain about, but I dont have the comic, and have to get it from the library.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Earth Two's Superman isn't fueled by a Yellow sun. They retconned that so he could be conveniently killed.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr: Also, using the Red King's gladiator technology makes him a hypocrite.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:

@bullpr: Well, first of all, it didn't really feel like an event, but more like Hulk slapping around all the characters in the Marvel U.

Secondly, he is angry over the Illuminati destroying his world... and then he destroy NY, and that way makes thousands of innocent people homeless, including ruining their jobs.

And he makes the Illuminati fight to the death in front of their friends and loved ones... OUR HERO, EVERYBODY!!!

And I also never got why the Illuminati would be so stupid to send Hulk into space to begin with. Nick Furry, possibly, but 5 of the smartest men on Earth?

And on a sidenote: Everyone keeps telling Tony how big and bad he was for supporting registration, but Hulk? Hulk is forgiven because reasons.

I possibly have more to complain about, but I dont have the comic, and have to get it from the library.

"Well, first of all, it didn't really feel like an event, but more like Hulk slapping around all the characters in the Marvel U"

Yes. That's why I liked it. No, sorry. That's why I loved it. (Pardon me, I'm an old schmuck, and I was waiting for that since a long long time).

"Secondly, he is angry over the Illuminati destroying his world... and then he destroy NY, and that way makes thousands of innocent people homeless, including ruining their jobs."

It was his threat. He allowed people to move, and de facto, nobody was killed, nothing you can compare to what happened on Skaar.

"And he makes the Illuminati fight to the death in front of their friends and loved ones... OUR HERO, EVERYBODY!!!"

Well, kill my family, my city and more or less my planet, and I will have the same rage; and this Galdiator arena was a nice touch.

"And I also never got why the Illuminati would be so stupid to send Hulk into space to begin with. Nick Furry, possibly, but 5 of the smartest men on Earth?"

You may not like it. But that's not BS. They found a planet that was a "Paradise", but an accident change the trajectory of the rocket. BFR Hulk without hurting anybody in the process was an Executive decision, exactly the kind of decision the Illuminati feel they can take.

"And on a sidenote: Everyone keeps telling Tony how big and bad he was for supporting registration, but Hulk? Hulk is forgiven because reasons."

Iron Man is not a Green Monster fueled by rage. Difficult to compare. Don't forget what is Hulk (and not who is Hulk).

I understand you didn't like the story line and maybe its consequences.

But It's not a total betrayal of decades of continuity.

I would not place it with the examples cited here.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:

@bullpr: Also, using the Red King's gladiator technology makes him a hypocrite.

Well, nobody's perfect...

More seriously, however you qualify it, it's not an inconsistency (see Batman hurting The Spectre) and it's not a betrayal (see my post above)

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager said:

The whole Superior Spider-Man crap

Sharon Carter dying

Looks like the last one didn't actually happen though.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bull-crab?

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@smashbrawler: I'm not willing to read Rem's Cap to find out. His run sucks.

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By SmashBrawler
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smashbrawler: Still mad how it was handled though, fake or not.

I mean, its not like I knew she wouldn't come back. All CBC do. Doesn't mean they way its handled cant' be bullsh!t as per thread asks :)

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

No Caption Provided

I never claimed the idea was new. Hell I don't even mind they tried. It's the fact that this garbage is still going on that's the problem.

Still as horrible as this union is it's still a better fit than her and Batman.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Just out of curiousity, what is your problem with the handling of Sharon Carter's death?

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: I all ready covered that in a previous post. 64

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:

@superguy1591 said:
No Caption Provided

I never claimed the idea was new. Hell I don't even mind they tried. It's the fact that this garbage is still going on that's the problem.

Still as horrible as this union is it's still a better fit than her and Batman.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Ah right, that was mainly by Remender to show no matter how bad things get, Cap "always gets back up". That's Cap's thing, he may not be able to tank black holes, but no matter how hard he gets hit physically, mentally or emotionally, he continues to start his ground.

Cap is meant to be disconnected from modern day and the arc afterwards deals with him struggling to return to reality.

jsalz215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By jsalz215
No Caption Provided

For the record everybody who took ill to my opinion about Civil War Iron Man, I was talking about this

<----------

I felt the whole "Iron Man's suit recorded Cap for years and can just beat him senseless automatically" was the laziest plot device for that issue and probably the whole series. It tried to create the sense of danger for those supporting Cap, but made me feel like it was the cheapest way to get out of a genuinely interesting Cap vs IM fight. Of course, Cap did the same thing first, so maybe my opinion is moot. Still, Cap didn't beat him so bad he resembled a run-over beet salad.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd:

I'm not a fan of the Bush administration, but I don't know of any actions they took to limit citizens ability to defend themselves. If Tony were for invading a possibly threatening nation because of their metas, that would be more fitting of a Bush Doctrine analogue.

I guess you could make the case that Tony would back registration because metas are so much more dangerous than firearms, but it would still make more sense for a leftist to take that stance.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr:

I would guess that ninety percent of Americans couldn't tell you what the 9th or 10th ammendments are either, but it's actually two of the most important ones. Thy basically say that those rights that the federal government doesn't have (as granted by the rest of the Constitution) belong to the states or citizens. In other words, the federal government can only do the things specified by the Constitution and no more.

@dimitridkatsis:

After loving Tynoin's work on the Bat Family books, I was horribly disappointed by his RHATO run. Didn't seem on the same level at all. Huge disappointment.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batwatch: It's not that they wanted to take away the metas powers, it's more so they wanted to control them. Same as NSA controlling your privacy to protect from terrorism and such.

The right-wing movement mainly revolves around hierarchy and maintaining the status quo, both of which metahumans were disrupting. My personal stance means I'm not fond of bunching political thinkings into just two categories (left/right, liberal/conservative etc) and I doubt Tony Stark was in complete agreement with every American Conservative stance, though he agreed with some of them.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: As far as I understand, the most important reason to why Tony supported registration was that he feared the alternative.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr: WWH is not a bad comic, I will give you that. I just have problems with it. Then again, what comic doesn't have problems? I myself is a huge fan of Fear Itself, which is full of problems. But you are right about it not belonging on this list.

"It was his threat. He allowed people to move, and de facto, nobody was killed, nothing you can compare to what happened on Skaar."

Couldn't he have given them compensation for their lost homes and jobs? Just saying.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:

@bullpr: WWH is not a bad comic, I will give you that. I just have problems with it. Then again, what comic doesn't have problems? I myself is a huge fan of Fear Itself, which is full of problems. But you are right about it not belonging on this list.

"It was his threat. He allowed people to move, and de facto, nobody was killed, nothing you can compare to what happened on Skaar."

Couldn't he have given them compensation for their lost homes and jobs? Just saying.

"Couldn't he have given them compensation for their lost homes and jobs? Just saying."

Well I guess that when your are that full of rage, you keep your ethic (nobody is killed) but you may distance a little bit yourself for the moral (I honestly think that in the logic of this Comics, the character Hulk didn't give a damn about houses and job lost).

But I like your approach, because it is precisely what I didn't like in MoS (superman values, driven by his education, not by him being a super-hero, should have prevent it to destroy that truck, that was probably the equivalent of a day job).

I understand that all that is putting a lot of thinking in Comic books characters, but Comic Vine seems to be the appropriate place for that.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too many to choose from.....

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr said:

@waezi2 said:

"Couldn't he have given them compensation for their lost homes and jobs? Just saying."

Well I guess that when your are that full of rage, you keep your ethic (nobody is killed) but you may distance a little bit yourself for the moral (I honestly think that in the logic of this Comics, the character Hulk didn't give a damn about houses and job lost).

But I like your approach, because it is precisely what I didn't like in MoS (superman values, driven by his education, not by him being a super-hero, should have prevent it to destroy that truck, that was probably the equivalent of a day job).

I understand that all that is putting a lot of thinking in Comic books characters, but Comic Vine seems to be the appropriate place for that.

No Caption Provided

MOS Flame Wars in 5... 4.. 3... 2... 1....

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Bull Sh!t
Bull Sh!t

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Dont worry, just let some Mos Hater gets here and the world will burn.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump for the reason i think we have to talk about this again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

..."Bull-cr@b"?