johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 672

User Lists: 103

Edited By johnkmccubbin91
No Caption Provided

I for one was a huge fan of Heavy Rain, finding the unique gameplay and powerful story to be truly outstanding. Beyond: Two Souls doesn't however live up to that, as despite trying to keep the same level of uniqueness, the overall story and gameplay leaves a lot to be desired.

Rating: 6/10

Check out my full review at Imagination Centre.

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#1  Edited By Queso6p4

Definitely agree with your general perception of the game but I'll check out the more in-depth review too.

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@queso6p4: Thanks very much, yeah it was very disappointing and I'm glad I didn't pay too much for it. I was considering putting the whole lot here but thought I'd just put the first paragraph as anyone not wanting to read a lot would get the gist.

Queso6p4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By Queso6p4

@johnkmccubbin91: Unfortunately I paid full price for it but the jumping around in time detracted more from the gameplay than it did adding to the game's emotional punch. Plus, by the time I had to use the skills learned in the C.I.A. training I'd forgotten because we didn't have to use them for so long. I applaud for going there but Quantic Dream dropped the ball with the basic gameplay. I'll all for an immersive experience but let me play a game in a way that makes sense. Still glad I played it, though.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By PeppeyHare

Good review. I liked it, it's not nearly as good as Heavy rain, but I still managed to enjoy it

Avatar image for johnkmccubbin91
johnkmccubbin91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@queso6p4: Yeah I almost did the same but luckily for me there were other games like GTA V and Batman Arkham Origins that I wanted more. Yeah I agree with that, though even playing the game in order still feels a bit poor at times. Also I kind of agree with the fighting but I just felt that it wasn't obvious enough which way to move the controller and the fact it didn't really matter too much also felt a unnecessary.

@peppeyhare: Yeah I enjoyed and especially at the end, but there were some unnecessary points that made me question at times why I bought it. Still the overall game was pretty good but still disappointing.