• 149 results
benblanks86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By benblanks86

I haven't watched the episode but from what I'm hearing for you lot it seems somebody at Cartoon Network read Geoff johns batman earth one and said "That! Alfred needs to be like THAT."

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

It was the little things I liked. Like seeing Michael Holt and Simon Stag. Or how Batman injures his shoulder at the start of the episode and it continues to bother him later. The candy colored guns the criminal used were stupid. But over all I liked the episode.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#103  Edited By jointron33

Ok first off, the younger Alfred is based off of Earth One, which many Bat-monglers hate because Batman couldn't piss out plot devices like when Frank Miller writes him. He's also benched at the end of the episode, being on a cane and moreso resembling the withered old man persona.

Also, ya know what I find funny? People complain about a new Batman show, yet want a Nightwing show, of all things? Some people are stupid as hell.........

Avatar image for 80sganginfestedarcades
80sGangInfestedArcades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blkson: Yeah i agree Batman has been used a lot but since he is one of my favorite DC heros (Aquaman/Superman being the other two) I don't really mind him but i do wish they would give other DC heros a chance to have thier own show like how Green Lantern got his own show although i didnt really like the animation,but this new Beware The Batman is really good I enjoyed the first episode and thier gonna use a lot of Batman's lesser known villian's like Professor Pyg,Mr Toad,Calenderman they want to use more of Batman's mutated or animal enemies in the killer-croc,clayface,manbat type of catergorie only thing so far i dont like is how Alfred looks like his older brother instead of his butler even though he is extremely more cool and Batman doesn't have his cool Brave and Bold blue outfit and I just wish it had Young justice kinda animation,all in all i think this new show is gonna rock!

ptigrusmagus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By ptigrusmagus

Was ok but wondering why the guy from Hitman has stolen Alfred's job. Bruce also seems like a novice despite some nice prep tech, I prefer a Dark Knight or experienced caliber Batman. No Robins? Katana was a surprise. Need to utilize better villains, Pig and Toad won't cut it with the Bat's rogue gallery.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Alak

I was surprised with the premiere since I actually enjoyed it. Honestly, I thought it would suck. There were moments that threw me off (i.e.- Alfred) but the change isn't too extreme and by the end of the episode I was digging it.

Ganthetsward20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

I watched the show this morning with my friend who knows very little about batman comics. As we saw characters I would explain their comicbook relations, then get upset that they were so off. I wanted Professor Pyg to be a crazy doctor doll maker, and Hold to show his genius. The only person we might have been happy with was alfred cause of how it ended. My friend was really thrown off by the animation too, I think. He stated that it looked "unfinished" and it does. I told him it looked like it had improved since GL:TAS so I have high hopes for it, though a show that takes place in gotham is way different then one in space.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By medulaoblaganda

@badvoodoo: on the marvel the animated series or animated movie i want them to make is ghost rider. it should be made for matured audience. secondly i also want them to make. x force animated series. marvel have lots and lots of story arcs civil war, world war hulk, avengers vs x men, and so on. they can make them as an animated series or animated movie for both matured and teenage audience.simple as that. but marvel is really slacking. dc animated is 10 times better than them, they are making use of the dc characters in animated show.

danaandra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's different than what we're used to, but I liked it. The shape of Batman's head is a bit odd, but it didn't bother me too much. The scene with Alfred fighting with Bruce in the bedroom to test his defenses reminded me of Pink Panther -- not exactly what I want to think of when watching a Batman cartoon. I thought the CGI was well done. The flames and smoke looked especially good. Most interesting is the introduction of Katana. Maybe this is why they gave her her own title.

Avatar image for lieutenant_awkward
Lieutenant_Awkward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think they should give other heroes their own show, there's been a lot of Batman shows already.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I want to see a Martian Manhunter series.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'm surprised that all of the ignorant Batman fans aren't defending this show. Batman really didn't need another show. But of course DC has to milk Batman.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyg and his warty companion were my favorite parts of the episode. Hope to se a LOT more of them down the road. And I hope for the love of God that this show gets mre than twenty-six frikken episodes, man. Sick of DC cancelling their shows.

StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

User Lists: 1

This reviews sums my exact feelings. It was very okay, no more and no less. It's not horrible but I don't think this episode will make everyone sure that this series will be a good follow up to Young Justice.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#116  Edited By laflux

wasn't too bad

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

I found it excruciating. Could understand that that was Alfred.

KidSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The show is garbage but i'll keep watching it... I support DC over Marvel .. :D

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

@theacidskull: Being better than crap doesn't mean it's good.

I'll see where this goes, but turning Pyg and Toad into Animal rights activists seems like a really weak villain to open your show on.

mcbean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By mcbean
Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#121  Edited By Knightfall225

The show was decent I think it will get better as more characters are introduced. I also think the CG will get better just like it did in GL. I would still prefer a Justice League but this is ok for now

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Why do I get the feeling they're sowing the seeds for an appearance by Mister Terrific, since they did feature Michael Holt in this episode....?

iBatman821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This show was awesome I liked it.... BATMAN has had his reign but he's Legit. The Dark Knight Rules!

Scarbearer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair.... hasn't being a former MI6 operative been a part of Alfred's past for quite some time now? Or am I confused on that?

4Essence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By 4Essence

The Alfred on here is inspired by Geoff John's Alfred of Batman: Earth One it seems.
I wasn't such a huge fan of that interpretation; however it does give Alfred a bit more character development, and potentially makes him more useful in plot scenarios.

noah00oo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By noah00oo

it was an ok episode

JSAVen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I saw the first episode, it was decent. very ¨batman year one¨. I will watch this for the cameos.

nice to see Michael Holt, and a new gallery of Villains.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab6fc8730fd4
deactivated-5ab6fc8730fd4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really know about this one. The way they all look just seems weird to me but if it has a good story line and brings in some other people instead of just a solo batman from time to time it could be good

LarryDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This show is trash.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

I'll be back next week, I think this' an interesting take on the mythos.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Ok first off, the younger Alfred is based off of Earth One, which many Bat-monglers hate because Batman couldn't piss out plot devices like when Frank Miller writes him. He's also benched at the end of the episode, being on a cane and moreso resembling the withered old man persona.

Also, ya know what I find funny? People complain about a new Batman show, yet want a Nightwing show, of all things? Some people are stupid as hell.........

Alfreds history with M16 goes all the way back to the Silver Age,it was also introduced in BTAS(Lion and the unicorn) and was hinted at in the Nolan movies( forests of Burma,knowledge of Bane and the pit). Johns merely made it more prominent.

I loved Batman Begins and Mask of the Phantasm even though neither of them featured a Batgod but absolutely hated Earth One and the reason for that is simple... IT'S CRAP.

I'm surprised that all of the ignorant Batman fans aren't defending this show. Batman really didn't need another show. But of course DC has to milk Batman.

Batman doesn't need another show but WB/DC needs money,put yourself in their shoes before you go mouthing off, and the first episode already introduced Micheal Holt,Katana as well as hinting at Metamorpho,they're also using villains who under normal circumstances would've never made it. Batman the Brave and the Bold was also used to show case different DC universe characters.

My advice to everyone,THINK before you talk,you'll never get a Blue Beetle or Plastic Man show DEAL WITH IT.

A_wahab_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Young Justice was pretty sick...especially how it ended with Savage shaking Darkseid's hand (Y)..that just blew me away. Hope this show is as good as GL TAS and YJ. Though it would have been better to see a new Justice League animated series with cgi

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I get that they're trying to use lesser-known villains, but really, Professor Pyg? (Or, as I like to call him, "discount Mad Hatter") Whatever happened to the Mad Monk?!

No Caption Provided

Or Hugo Strange? Back in the early days, he was a bigger Batman villain than Joker himself!

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#136  Edited By reignmaker

I'm utterly disappointed that everything just ends up getting washed down and reformed for children. I hate children. They ruin everything. They may be our future, but what about US in the PRESENT?!

[IMG]

Nightw BR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@compac: Definitely need to give Nightwing a show. DC seems to do a poor job of highlighting any characters that aren't Superman of the Batman. They have tons of characters that have potential. But yeah, i'd watch a show about Dick Grayson. Also why can't they just make DC Nation a two hour slot, that way they don't have to cancel shows just to put new ones on?

Very much agreed, but the end of YJ hinted at that possibilty so maybe Nightwing will have his own series and according to Greg Wiesman's twitter there is an unofficial YJ meet up maybe this is what its for we'll have to wait and see. Some of the YJ characters could appear as Guest characters.

johnny_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@shadowsnake89 said:

@compac: Definitely need to give Nightwing a show. DC seems to do a poor job of highlighting any characters that aren't Superman of the Batman. They have tons of characters that have potential. But yeah, i'd watch a show about Dick Grayson. Also why can't they just make DC Nation a two hour slot, that way they don't have to cancel shows just to put new ones on?

Very much agreed, but the end of YJ hinted at that possibilty so maybe Nightwing will have his own series and according to Greg Wiesman's twitter there is an unofficial YJ meet up maybe this is what its for we'll have to wait and see. Some of the YJ characters could appear as Guest characters.

DC doesn't have the balls, all they know is Batman & Superman.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

saw the first episode and...

it was ok

It could be better though.
first of all i have to say that I like the new alfred but i dont like his design, its kinda like a bald, hairless and more british version of Batman: Earth One´s Alfred
which is great because i really liked that book but the design just feels like Bruce on Batman Beyond
I dont dislike the animation probably because I really liked GL:TAS way more thn YJ so I have no problem with that.

the design of Proffesor Pyg and the frog are pretty good too for a kids show
However regarding Pyg i had a huge problem which was his motivation on the episode: IT SUCKS!!.
basically Pyg is some kind of eco-terrorist who is punishing people for their treatment of animals, so he is a PETA vigilante...
I mean..
Why?
How does anyone read something like Morrison´s B&R and ends up coming with something like this, now I know it would be impossible to fairly translade a character like this on a ¨kids show¨, but making him animal activist just because he uses an animal mask is a very weird move.

Another thing that pissed me off on this issue was ¨THE GUNS¨
for those who dont know this, after the incident on Aurora where some crazy SOB decided to shot people on an screening of DKR the producers of Beware the Batman decided to...
I guess show respect...
by redesigning the guns on the show to something more ¨chidish¨
and WOW it is impossible to unsee, all the guns are bright yellow with no barrel and dont even sound like guns. Its really distracting.

The final thing I have to say about the show is Katana.
the way that she is presented into the show is not only good, but I think is Really good. In fact I wonder why this never happen on comics before.
the idea is not that that Tatsu is the new sidekick, but she is somehow the new future Alfred, and that is just interesting.

In comics there was this time during the BW:Murderer/Fugitive storyline were Bruce had to deal with this bodyguard who later becomes a sidekick, love interest and much later leaves him and joins Checkmate, I liked the idea but was never fond of the character, this is just way more interesting and brings really good posibilities for the show.

overall i give it an 8/10

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

Alfred is kinda badass in this version

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mr pyg and toad are a copy of poison ivy but without cool powers. It was mediocre. it is weak episode

pixelphreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah.. i cant get past the character design..

thebearking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wasn't really a fan, and it's not because I loved YJ. I don't blame this show for it's cancellation. But I noticed halfway through that I had stopped paying attention because I just didn't find it very interesting. I'll give it time though, also kids watching this are going to go looking up Pyg in the comic books and come out a little messed up.

TheAuroraChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...alfired's chin. LMAO

BishopSummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#146  Edited By BishopSummers

The 1st episode wasn't too bad. It sets the tone for the series. I'm hoping it will only get better from here. Maybe they will have some multi-episode arcs coming up soon. The animation is a little weird. But I guess the major studios think that all the new cartoons need to be 3D animated like the Pixar movies now. Transformers Prime and The Clone Wars are good examples of this. I'll stick around as long as the stories get better.

Mister_Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Life long Batman fan here. I was not impressed with the premier, though I am always willing to give a show a chance even if the premier doesn't blow me away. That being said, I don't think they should have removed Young Justice. Instead of taking Batman down this path I think they should have expanded on the Young Justice show with another of the JL core group, and then do crossovers between shows. The animation for Young Justice is amazing, they should have stuck with that style. Oh well, I'll give this new "Beware The Batman" show a few more episodes before I say whether or not it should stay or go.

Avatar image for thelastlife0726
thelastlife0726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Contradicting the butthurt felt by my fellow Young Justice fans, I really liked the show. Considering the way the action is designed, I'm glad they went for CG, and not toon. It was edgy, original, left you wanting more, and I'll be back for seconds this Saturday. One area that I felt it fell flat in was the voiceacting. Alfred's seemed so lackluster, and Bruce's just came off as inexperienced. I don't know, maybe Conroy just spoiled me.

Opunaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No more Batman shows

Thank you! It'd be nice to see another hero get the spotlight! Can we get a cartoon of the Flash, Plastic Man or Wonder Woman, DC? You've been beating the "Batman cartoon" horse's carcass for so long, it's rotting.