entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#101  Edited By entropy_aegis

@entropy_aegis said:

Penguin carries an umbrella which over the years has shown to contain different types of goodies.In a straight up fight he'd own Kingpin.But again that's not exactly a fair way of judging either character.

Wait, WHAT?!?! Penguin is no match for the Kingpin.

In a fist fight? absolutely but thats where the handy umbrella comes in.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102  Edited By fodigg

hmm. tough. bats?

Avatar image for lieutenant_awkward
Lieutenant_Awkward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'd have to say Spider-Man villains since I grew up loving Spidey. But I won't deny Batman's villains are quite interesting as well.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Batman.

Ask anyone off the street how many Batman villains they can name, and how many Spider-Man villains they can name. I'm sure that almost all would have more answers for Batman's rogues. While this doesn't necessarily mean that Batman's rogues are "better", so to speak, it does say that they are marketed better and are more popular due to Batman's popularity - which does have an element of being better.

Kanen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't anyone agree that black mask is like a mixture of JJ kingpin and redskull

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey has simplistic villains in his stories since the focus is about his own life and finding a way to overcome struggles as spider-man and peter parker leaving his villains as plot devices to glorify him. Batman's villains are actually a part of the story of Batman and serve as a family of sorts since they are steeped in Gotham's darkness with Batman as the clean up guy trying to overcome it making his foes complex and just as important to Batman's world as Gotham and himself is.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

I think Bat's villains have more stories that develop and feature them. Because of that, they feel like the better characters, to me at least. Granted, I have read a lot more Batman than Spiderman (Unless Ultimate Spiderman counts)

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

Avatar image for deactivated-5e09a6b06793e
deactivated-5e09a6b06793e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.

Ask anyone off the street how many Batman villains they can name, and how many Spider-Man villains they can name. I'm sure that almost all would have more answers for Batman's rogues. While this doesn't necessarily mean that Batman's rogues are "better", so to speak, it does say that they are marketed better and are more popular due to Batman's popularity - which does have an element of being better.

99.9% of people off the street are only going to be able to name the Joker.

Avatar image for thecapeddetective
TheCapedDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Batsy. Spidey is next to Bats when it comes to villains, imo. X-Men villains are great as well.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinestro_gl said:

Batman.

I think most people could probably name Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman as well.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 559

To me Spider-man has some good villains (Carnage, Venom Mysterio & Green Goblin) he has a lot of crappy ones Vulture, Shocker, Scorpion. Batman on the other hand has way too many class villains so to me this isn't even close. I wouldn't even say Spider-Man was second best villains. Think that's X-Men 2bh.

Golden_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey.

spiderfanatic3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tied, Batman's are more psychological while Spidey's are more science-based and are more physical threats. There are exceptions for both however

Avatar image for theinsufferable
TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bats

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman, far more unique and interesting rogues gallery.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb
deactivated-5d6b913edbeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey by a good margin.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Spidey stomps because it has Mysterio. What does Batman have? Penny Plunderer? Orca? Maybe Hugo Strange, he's decent

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman stomps because he has condiment king.

DevisedDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman has better rogues, I find them more interesting and psychologically complex.

mega6382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BATman

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman should be better, but most of his villains is not used well for a while, Freeze, Ra's, Riddler, Hush, are jokes these days, when they should be class A villains. Spidey villains are used better most of the time, and they're a good threat for him..

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#128 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

Vulture solos.

I stand by this.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Batman without a doubt. Peter's villains are all sole deep.

DubokTheFierce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love a lot of Spideys villains, even some of the more B-list ones like Hydroman and Rhino! Venom has and always will be perhaps my favourite of all time.

I know a lot of Bats' rogues too, and really like them (always have a soft spot for Freeze), but I have to go with Spideys. I grew up watching Spidey TAS over Batman.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Vertigo-

Peter's rogues gallery will always be the most iconic rouges gallery in comic books to me.

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Michaelbn

Spidey:

Green Goblin -- Venom -- Carnage -- Doc Ock -- Rhino -- Mysterio -- Kraven -- Kingpin -- Sandman -- Shocker -- Vulture -- Scorpion -- Vermin -- Lizard -- Electro -- Chameleon

These guys came to my mind without thinking

Bats:

Joker -- Deadshot -- Shiva -- Bronze Tiger (occasionally) -- Deathstroke (occasionally) -- Ra's Al Ghul -- Talia -- Harley -- Killer croc -- electrocutioner -- Mister Freeze -- Bane -- Firefly

Same as above.

Avatar image for deactivated-627d8daf1de25
deactivated-627d8daf1de25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very hard one. I'll give it to Batman by a Millimeter.

Worldofthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman by a decent bit, for good and obvious reasons

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.

He has The Riddler, Bane, The Joker, and Ra's al Ghul. None of Spideys villains can rival those 4 Bat baddies for me.

SHEMMY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batman villains are definitely better. I prefer to fight the mentally insane and mobsters against people dressed as animals and mobsters

Beyond_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman villains. Deeper storylines and more realistic. In a way Spider-Man has ripped off a lot of Batmans villains.

Beyond_Dreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinestro_gl said:

Batman.

Joker, Penguin, Catwoman easily

Avatar image for randybutternubs
RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman just has more interesting villains.

SireMystKing52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While Peter's gallery is cool, Bruce wins and it's not that close. Spiderman has what, his main 12 memorable ones (and most of them aren't even that interesting)? After that they're all carbon copy plain ideas mixed with mediocre/boring people.

Batman on the other hand has one of the most diverse Rogue's Galleries in ALL of comics. The only other person I see being equal or better to him overall is Flash. Every weird and perverted idea you could think of, there's probably a Batman villain for it. You want crazy? There's a villain for it. You want hilariously ridiculous? There's a villain for it. You want frightening? Theres a villain for it. You want someone to pity? There's a villain for it. You want someone you hate to love? There's a villain for it. I could go on and on and on. Not to mention they're all in the crazy city of Gotham, where you can't go a week without one of the major crime lords or villains executing some city-wide plan. They also all (well mostly all) fit in the common DC trope of villains-share-a-narrative-parallel-to-their-hero and it's one of the more interesting ones of: what a person does when they're faced with trauma. Each villain explores it differently and it leads to beautifully done storylines. Bruce also has one person that Peter doesn't... The Joker. I know people tend to overrate how amazing of a villain he is but seriously no one in Spiderman's rogue gallery can top him character wise.

Sorry for the long rant I just think people aren't looking at Batman's gallery as deep as they should against Spiderman's.

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They both have two of the best rogues gallery in comics if not the two best.I would pick Spider-Man personally.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Blackdog2009

No contest. Batman villains are more iconic and some even have their own movies. Catwoman (as bad as it was, no Spiderman villain will ever be as iconic or recognized as Catwoman), The Joker (pretty much a crown jewel of a role and also as iconic as they come.

Not to mention the tv show GOTHAM is a show about Batman's villains and it ran for many seasons. Very successful.

there is Venom … I liked that movie actually.