#1 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8657 posts) - - Show Bio

So, yesterday my mind started wandering, as it often does, and I started thinking about Batman stuff, as I often do, and I got to wondering "why haven't Batgirl and Batwoman gotten different names already? I mean, Tim got Red Robin, Todd got Red Hood, and Grayson got Nightwing. the last two being some of the coolest names ever!

But Kathy and Barbara are still stuck with Batwoman and Batgirl. Heck, they even have there own comic titles!

So I thought I'd ask you guys: what are some better names for Kathy Kane and Barbara Gordon you can think of?

#2 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Songbird? Nightingale?

#3 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6532 posts) - - Show Bio

Batwoman didn't work with Batman like the others, as in she wasn't one of his sidekicks/team, so it's not really a name she would move on from in the same kind of sense as the Robins did. However, she's been referred to as the Dark Red Angel Of The Night, so Red Angel could be a name if she decided to change for some reason.

#4 Posted by Joygirl (19951 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Kate chose her name the same way Bruce did. She wanted a symbol, and chose one that was already working out.

#5 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

Chiroptera. or nightshroud. or boot-to-the-face.

#6 Posted by Bruxae (14008 posts) - - Show Bio

Oracle?

#7 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't broke don't fix it ^_^

Babs is the current BG, no need to change. Steph is no show, but she might be back as Spoiler and Cass was titled Black Bat. The Robins named changed when the got replaced.

#8 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (34908 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

Songbird? Nightingale?

Nightingale is a good name for Bat Girl but Batwoman should stay the same

#9 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8657 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

Batwoman didn't work with Batman like the others, as in she wasn't one of his sidekicks/team, so it's not really a name she would move on from in the same kind of sense as the Robins did. However, she's been referred to as the Dark Red Angel Of The Night, so Red Angel could be a name if she decided to change for some reason.

Oh, I thought Batwoman worked with Batman before she went off on her own.

Thanks for the info. Better edit that post before I look like a dunce any longer. :P

Red Angel sounds way cooler then Batwoman, though.

@veshark said:

Songbird? Nightingale?

Like the sound of Nightingale too.

#10 Posted by flazam (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Bat Girl works

But Bat-woman needs to change her name

But why doesn't batman make some copyright?

lol

#11 Edited by Arkhamc1tizen (2146 posts) - - Show Bio

batwoman: night raven

batgirl: blackgale

#12 Posted by GreatCaesarsGhost (3599 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's Barbara, it should be Batgirl out of tradition. I like her in that roll, and the name suits.

#13 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6532 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie: The original Batwoman was one of the Bat-Family(not sure if it was called that at the time) but the current one got into vigilante work independently. Maybe you just got the two a little mixed up.

#14 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8657 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

The difference is Dick, Jason, and Tim took on brand new identities as Nightwing, Red Hood, and Red Robin, respectively. Barbara and Kate have neither changed costumes nor superheroine identities so theres no reason to change their names.

#16 Posted by flazam (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

Bat woman: Red Raven

Bat Girl: I still prefer Oracle

#17 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6532 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Fallen_Crippled (6460 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Batgirl works fine, but Batwoman should get a name change. Red Raven sounds cool, but there are two other former robin characters with Red in their names. I'd like something completely different.

#19 Edited by RustyRoy (13825 posts) - - Show Bio
@veshark said:

Songbird? Nightingale?

I like the name Nightingale for Barbara.Also Songbird is a better name than Red Angel for Kate IMO.

#20 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8657 posts) - - Show Bio

@knightrise:

Yeah, I know there's not really a reason to, I just thought it would be fun to see what people came up with. :)

There's way better names out there the Baatgirl and Batwoman.

If it's Barbara, it should be Batgirl out of tradition. I like her in that roll, and the name suits.

I can see that.

Well, let's say Batgirl trained, and handed over the mantel to someone else, (Carrie Kelly?)

and decided to take up a different name. What would you want it to be?

#21 Posted by GreatCaesarsGhost (3599 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie:

Well, Barbara could always use the Oracle name again, she really came into her own as a character, however it doesn't suit her as well when directly fighting crime. A different name all together could work, Night Terror, or something. How well a name sticks is partially how well written a character is. I mean "Batman" is a really, really, really lame name, but we accept it because he's "The God Damn Batman!"

#22 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8657 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie:

Well, Barbara could always use the Oracle name again, she really came into her own as a character, however it doesn't suit her as well when directly fighting crime. A different name all together could work, Night Terror, or something. How well a name sticks is partially how well written a character is. I mean "Batman" is a really, really, really lame name, but we accept it because he's "The God Damn Batman!"

Yeah, the same way Spider-Man, Superman, Wonder Woman work. :)