• 73 results
#1 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is the better hero?

For this thread acts of heroism will be defined as: nonviolent actions taken to help someone other than ones self.

So for example you can't use superman fighting helspont or Thor fighting frost giants. They have to be acts of heroism A's defined above. So who is the better hero?

#2 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3874 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, sadly

#3 Posted by Wolverine08 (38079 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are equally great heros. Nuff said.

#4 Posted by Cybrilious4 (1766 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Havenless (1298 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor actually managed to save his homeworld. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin....

#6 Posted by Wolverine08 (38079 posts) - - Show Bio

BURN!

#7 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5384 posts) - - Show Bio

#9 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless: Supes was like 3 hours old when his was destroyed lol hardly a fair comparison

#10 Edited by Havenless (1298 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@havenless: Supes was like 3 hours old when his was destroyed lol hardly a fair comparison

Not only has DC used the time travel plot device about 500 times, but there is actually a character on the JLA that can perform it at the drop of a hat. And Krypton is still vaporized? Hmm....

#11 Posted by Skyfire (704 posts) - - Show Bio

Inclined to say Superman, but Thor can be pretty heroic.

#12 Edited by The_Wolverine_ (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahem *snikt*

#13 Edited by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless: That's like saying "why doesn't Pete just go back in time

To save uncle Ben"

#14 Posted by Wolverine08 (38079 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by Havenless (1298 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

To save uncle Ben"

Because he can't time travel, and isn't readily accessible to anyone who does?

#16 Posted by Med (291 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. Thor's too much of a party-er.

#17 Posted by i_like_swords (12620 posts) - - Show Bio

Just had a thought. Is Superman capable of time travel, or able to get someone to time travel for him?

If so, could Superman go back in time and save Krypton?

#18 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless: I can say the EXACT same thing for superman. And marvel has used time travel just as much as dc. Did you read age of ultron?

#19 Edited by Havenless (1298 posts) - - Show Bio

@med said:

Superman. Thor's too much of a party-er.

How many people have Luthor, Metallo, the Elite, Cyborg, and Parasite killed after each time they broke out of prison because Superman refused to kill them? In essence, you could say that he's contributing to their mass homocide.

Whereas Thor killed the Serpent, he killed the Void (Sentry), he killed Mangog, Glory, and Thousands of Frost Giants. They all deserved it, and they're not out murdering people left and right because he had what it takes to stop them once and for all.

#20 Edited by batmannflash (6168 posts) - - Show Bio

"nonviolent actions taken to help someone other than ones self."

Okay going by this definition, Superman. Superman is the symbol of hope for Earth. He inspires other superpowered and non superhumans alike to join the side of good. He is the public icon and sets a great example for the people of the world. He was always a kind, modest Kansas farmboy trying to make a difference. Superman is also less violent and believes in and cares for everyone.

#21 Posted by SOG7dc (6713 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: I don believe he is capable of it. But that would ruin the superman Mythos if they did that. It's like if Peter went back to save uncle Ben or Bruce went bbl to save his parents or Xavier went back to save his legs or if Hal went back to save Abin sur

#22 Edited by batmannflash (6168 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@i_like_swords: I don believe he is capable of it. But that would ruin the superman Mythos if they did that. It's like if Peter went back to save uncle Ben or Bruce went bbl to save his parents or Xavier went back to save his legs or if Hal went back to save Abin sur

I think if Superman could time travel, he wouldn't change a thing. Time isn't something you should mess with. Think about it, if Krypton saved, Superman would probably never have came to Earth in the first place, opening it up for villains like Darkseid, Brainiac, or even Luthor. And plenty of Superman-inspired heroes could never become heroes.

#23 Edited by jackbensley777 (635 posts) - - Show Bio

with time travel so many things could be solved in the comic book universe.

#24 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

with time travel so many things could be solved in the comic book universe.

Except that it would break time itself if they actually tried to fix that stuff.

#26 Posted by Immortal777 (6680 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

He helps in the smallest to biggest of tasks.

#27 Posted by batmannflash (6168 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

:) Basically

#28 Posted by Wolverine08 (38079 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is this a debate? Both Thor and Superman are some of the greatest heroes who are both magnanimous men who want to help people. They are both equally great.

#29 Edited by XImpossibruX (5152 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless said:

BURN!

#30 Edited by OmniBeast (475 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is this a debate? Both Thor and Superman are some of the greatest heroes who are both magnanimous men who want to help people. They are both equally great.

This.

#31 Posted by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash said:

@sog7dc said:

I think if Superman could time travel, he wouldn't change a thing. Time isn't something you should mess with. Think about it, if Krypton saved, Superman would probably never have came to Earth in the first place, opening it up for villains like Darkseid, Brainiac, or even Luthor. And plenty of Superman-inspired heroes could never become heroes.

There's an Elseworld called The Nail which details a world without Superman. And yes, the world ends up being a worse place without him.

#33 Posted by batmannflash (6168 posts) - - Show Bio

@lolzstastic: I've never heard of The Nail, sounds very interesting. I'll check it out!

#34 Edited by hart7668 (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

Whenever I read All Star Superman these days, I read it listening to Man of Steel's theme :3

#35 Posted by Veshark (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

@hart7668 said:

@immortal777 said:

Superman

Whenever I read All Star Superman these days, I read it listening to Man of Steel's theme :3

HOO-RAH!

#36 Edited by MonsterStomp (15251 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. He literally saved Earth in his recent film, the entire Avengers team struggled to save Manhattan. Nuff said.

#37 Posted by Millennian (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is Mighty. Superman is just Steel.

#38 Posted by JulieDC (859 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#39 Posted by _Braveheart_ (1388 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#40 Posted by Saren (25217 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

To save uncle Ben"

Because he can't time travel, and isn't readily accessible to anyone who does?

He's a member of the Future Foundation and a personal friend of Reed Richards :|

#41 Posted by i_like_swords (12620 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman. He literally saved Earth in his recent film, the entire Avengers team struggled to save Manhattan. Nuff said.

Yes, Superman is stronger, but it doesn't make him more of hero than anyone else.

Captain America voluntarily jumped out of a plane and fought someone resembling a god to him. He got knocked down and punched around by said god, and kept getting up for more. In his WW2 days, he believed a grenade was about to go off amongst the other soldiers, so he willingly jumped on it so only he was killed.

Iron Man carried a freaking Nuke into a wormhole fully realizing he could die in the process.

They've both put themselves at more risk than Superman has.

#42 Posted by The Stegman (22741 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

I'll even add to this

The answer is Superman, proving you don't need to always solve problems with your fists..or hammer.

#43 Posted by Wolverine08 (38079 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh, they are BOTH great heroes. Perhaps even the best. End of thread.

#44 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

superman.

#45 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor.

#46 Posted by JonSmith (3980 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman's the better hero. Some might say the best hero.

Thor's the greater warrior.

#47 Posted by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio

@havenless said:

BURN!

LOL!! THIS!!

#48 Posted by lolzstastic (214 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

Call me when Thor deals with a suicidal boy. Oh, and the phrase "I'll let you touch my hammer" cannot be present in that scene.

#49 Posted by Bezza (3269 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor is the more interesting character in some ways, but Superman is the greatest "hero" ever, end of.

#50 Edited by novi_homines (1330 posts) - - Show Bio