Better: Agents of SHIELD-Season 2 vs. Arrow-Season 3

phlox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Better: Agents of SHIELD-Season 2 vs. Arrow-Season 3 (62 votes)

Agents of SHIELD Season 2 44%
Arrow Season 3 56%

Both seasons have recently wrapped up and I wanted to see which one people thought was better. There was a poll by StormShadow_X comparing Flash and Daredevil's inaugural seasons, and it was very close. This thread is based off that one. Categories to rank:

Better story: AoS vs. Arrow

Better action: AoS vs. Arrow

Better character development: AoS vs. Arrow

Better new characters: Mockingbird/Hunter/Gonzalez/Jiaying/Cal vs. Ra's/Katana/Maseo/Ray Palmer

Better flashbacks: The day SHIELD fell/May in Baharain/Cal & Jiaying with Hydra/Coulson with Age of Ultron/Ward's childhood/etc. vs. Oliver/Maseo/Katana season long arc in Hong Kong

Better romance: Fitz/Simmons and Hunter/Bobbi vs. Oliver/Felicity and Roy/Thea

Better season opener: "Shadows" (AoS) vs. "The Calm" (Arrow)

Better midseason finale: "What they become" (AoS) vs. "The Climb" (Arrow)

Better season finale: "SOS" (AoS) vs. "My name is Oliver Queen" (Arrow)

Better Overall Season: AoS vs. Arrow

• 
RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better action: AoS vs. Arrow- I loved every Quake moment. The time when Skye took down a room full of Hydra without using her power once was spectacular.

Better character development: AoS vs. Arrow-- A toss up for me. I loved how Skye developed over the season. But Arrow did a great job developing Thea, Roy, Ray and Laurel(yes). I would give this to Arrow without a thought had they not made me hate one of my fav. characters, Felicity. I hope Felicity in next season is same as she was in season 2. I am not a big fan of "emotional Felicity."

Better new characters: Mockingbird/Hunter/Gonzalez/Jiaying/Cal vs. Ra's/Katana/Maseo/Ray Palmer- Ray and Ra's were awesome. As for AoS, Hunter is cool and Cal is interesting, but I could never really like Bobbi.

Better flashbacks: The day SHIELD fell/May in Baharain/Cal & Jiaying with Hydra/Coulson with Age of Ultron/Ward's childhood/etc. vs. Oliver/Maseo/Katana season long arc in Hong Kong- Not really a fair comparison. Arrow has a whole season of flashback while AoS has just one or two. They weren't anything spectacular either.

Better romance: Fitz/Simmons and Hunter/Bobbi vs. Oliver/Felicity and Roy/Thea- Neither. I hate Simmons. I am indifferent about Bobbi. As for Arrow, Roy/Thea was okay, but Oliver/Felicity was too much to handle. And this is coming from a guy who watched Vampire Diaries for 5 seasons and loved it for 4.

Better season opener: "Shadows" (AoS) vs. "The Calm" (Arrow)- The last 2 minutes of The Calm..

Better midseason finale: "What they become" (AoS) vs. "The Climb" (Arrow)-- Arrow is better at cliffhangers, I guess.

Better season finale: "SOS" (AoS) vs. "My name is Oliver Queen" (Arrow)- By a mile.

Even though AoS S2 was better than S1 and Arrow S3 was less awesome than S2, Arrow was still much better show.

Now brace yourself for Arrow-hate. Its coming.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better story: Definitely Agents of Shield. The Inhuman line was pretty awesome and they had been setting that all up since like the beginning of season 1 which is impressive. Arrow's season 3 story was confusing, odd, and at some times directionless; much weaker than season 2

Better action: Eh, kind of a tossup for me. I enjoy watching the H2H and archer duels that Arrow provides but the weaponry and superpowers of Agents of Shield is very cool as well.

Better character development: Probably Agents of Shield, they were able to develop almost every character with at least a semi-interesting arc. Arrow's was alright, just in my opinion not quite as interesting.

Better new characters: Another tossup. Although I would have much preferred Liam as Ra's as opposed to Nable, he did an alright job as Ra's Al Ghul. The other newbies like Ray, Maseo, and Katana were cool to see as well. Howver, I really did like the Agents of Shield new characters as well such as Bobbi, Mack, Hunter, all the inhumans, and some of the villains of the week like Absorbing Man.

Better romance: Probably Arrow...maybe...don't really care that much and am not overly impressed or intrigued by any of them.

Better season opener: Agents of Shield for me, they immediately confirm that Hydra is still a very real and formidable threat and have a cool villain of the week(s) in Absorbing Man. Not too much happens in Arrow's opener...sans Sara dying which is huge for the rest of the season but it was only like the last minute of the episode.

Better mid-season finale: Agents of Shield. Nobody thought Oliver was going to die from that fall, however unrealistic it looked. However, nobody really knew what to expect from the second half of Agents of Shield, what with the inhumans being introduced and Skye and Raina actually becoming them. I thought the mystery surrounding them and the events around them was better than wondering what was going to happen to Oliver (though don't get me wrong I enjoyed the Arrow mid-season finale and was looking forward to seeing exactly how he would come back).

Better season finale: Agents of Shield, no contest. Though I did like how they dropped hints about Damian Darhk as the season 4 villian.

Better overall season: In my opinion, Agents of Shield by a decent amount. The story was just more fascinating, the character development I thought was a bit better, and the plot actually for the most part made sense and flowed well throughout the season.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hated Ray Palmer.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rbt said:

Better action: AoS vs. Arrow- I loved every Quake moment. The time when Skye took down a room full of Hydra without using her power once was spectacular.

Better character development: AoS vs. Arrow-- A toss up for me. I loved how Skye developed over the season. But Arrow did a great job developing Thea, Roy, Ray and Laurel(yes). I would give this to Arrow without a thought had they not made me hate one of my fav. characters, Felicity. I hope Felicity in next season is same as she was in season 2. I am not a big fan of "emotional Felicity."

Better new characters: Mockingbird/Hunter/Gonzalez/Jiaying/Cal vs. Ra's/Katana/Maseo/Ray Palmer- Ray and Ra's were awesome. As for AoS, Hunter is cool and Cal is interesting, but I could never really like Bobbi.

Better flashbacks: The day SHIELD fell/May in Baharain/Cal & Jiaying with Hydra/Coulson with Age of Ultron/Ward's childhood/etc. vs. Oliver/Maseo/Katana season long arc in Hong Kong- Not really a fair comparison. Arrow has a whole season of flashback while AoS has just one or two. They weren't anything spectacular either.

Better romance: Fitz/Simmons and Hunter/Bobbi vs. Oliver/Felicity and Roy/Thea- Neither. I hate Simmons. I am indifferent about Bobbi. As for Arrow, Roy/Thea was okay, but Oliver/Felicity was too much to handle. And this is coming from a guy who watched Vampire Diaries for 5 seasons and loved it for 4.

Better season opener: "Shadows" (AoS) vs. "The Calm" (Arrow)- The last 2 minutes of The Calm..

Better midseason finale: "What they become" (AoS) vs. "The Climb" (Arrow)-- Arrow is better at cliffhangers, I guess.

Better season finale: "SOS" (AoS) vs. "My name is Oliver Queen" (Arrow)- By a mile.

Even though AoS S2 was better than S1 and Arrow S3 was less awesome than S2, Arrow was still much better show.

No Caption Provided

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better story: Definitely Agents of Shield. The Inhuman line was pretty awesome and they had been setting that all up since like the beginning of season 1 which is impressive. Arrow's season 3 story was confusing, odd, and at some times directionless; much weaker than season 2

Better action: Eh, kind of a tossup for me. I enjoy watching the H2H and archer duels that Arrow provides but the weaponry and superpowers of Agents of Shield is very cool as well.

Better character development: Probably Agents of Shield, they were able to develop almost every character with at least a semi-interesting arc. Arrow's was alright, just in my opinion not quite as interesting.

Better new characters: Another tossup. Although I would have much preferred Liam as Ra's as opposed to Nable, he did an alright job as Ra's Al Ghul. The other newbies like Ray, Maseo, and Katana were cool to see as well. Howver, I really did like the Agents of Shield new characters as well such as Bobbi, Mack, Hunter, all the inhumans, and some of the villains of the week like Absorbing Man.

Better romance: Probably Arrow...maybe...don't really care that much and am not overly impressed or intrigued by any of them.

Better season opener: Agents of Shield for me, they immediately confirm that Hydra is still a very real and formidable threat and have a cool villain of the week(s) in Absorbing Man. Not too much happens in Arrow's opener...sans Sara dying which is huge for the rest of the season but it was only like the last minute of the episode.

Better mid-season finale: Agents of Shield. Nobody thought Oliver was going to die from that fall, however unrealistic it looked. However, nobody really knew what to expect from the second half of Agents of Shield, what with the inhumans being introduced and Skye and Raina actually becoming them. I thought the mystery surrounding them and the events around them was better than wondering what was going to happen to Oliver (though don't get me wrong I enjoyed the Arrow mid-season finale and was looking forward to seeing exactly how he would come back).

Better season finale: Agents of Shield, no contest. Though I did like how they dropped hints about Damian Darhk as the season 4 villian.

Better overall season: In my opinion, Agents of Shield by a decent amount. The story was just more fascinating, the character development I thought was a bit better, and the plot actually for the most part made sense and flowed well throughout the season.

Drmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt said:

Avatar image for phoenixdiamond616
phoenixdiamond616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better story: AoS vs. Arrow- Inhumans, asgardians(again here), and Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron references.

Better action: AoS vs. Arrow- Daisy's powers, May's table move, Bobbi and May's fights, etc.

Better character development: AoS vs. Arrow- Only 2 news are my favorites: Hunter and Bobbi

Better new characters: Mockingbird/Hunter/Gonzalez/Jiaying/Cal vs. Ra's/Katana/Maseo/Ray Palmer- I'm always going to prefer Bobbi and Hunter together.

Better flashbacks: The day SHIELD fell/May in Baharain/Cal & Jiaying with Hydra/Coulson with Age of Ultron/Ward's childhood/etc. vs. Oliver/Maseo/Katana season long arc in Hong Kong- May in Baharian.

Better romance: Fitz/Simmons and Hunter/Bobbi vs. Oliver/Felicity and Roy/Thea- Fizsimmons are always the answer...

Better season opener: "Shadows" (AoS) vs. "The Calm" (Arrow)- My favorite episode

Better midseason finale: "What they become" (AoS) vs. "The Climb" (Arrow)- OMG I love so much AoS

Better season finale: "SOS" (AoS) vs. "My name is Oliver Queen" (Arrow)- Same

Better Overall Season: AoS vs. Arrow- Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D...

PeterParkerJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rbt said:

Damn, I agree with every word of this. Except I'll give AoS the Romance category by default because Ollie/Felicity became a little too unbearable for me.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9 the_stegman  Moderator

Never thought I'd see the day where AOS gets as many votes as Arrow. It's like Gotham rivaling Flash.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peterparkerjr:

Except I'll give AoS the Romance category by default because Ollie/Felicity became a little too unbearable for me.

Exactly. I liked their relationship a lot in first two seasons, but somehow they ruined it in third. They are doing a pretty good job in season 4 though.

Never thought I'd see the day where AOS gets as many votes as Arrow.

More of Arrow hate than AoS fanbase.

It's like Gotham rivaling Flash.

Are you watching S2 of Gotham? Its phenomenal. I hated Season 1, but the show has become infinitely better this season. Also, I don't think its fair to compare Gotham with Flash. Both are very different shows. Gotham should be compared to Netflix Daredevil, IMO. And I'm enjoying S2 of Gotham more than I enjoyed S1 of Daredevil.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Never thought I'd see the day where AOS gets as many votes as Arrow. It's like Gotham rivaling Flash.

I don't mind Gotham being corny, it's a very campy show and the writers are aware of it. But, when MCU does camp it's very annoying. Same thing for the CW. Whenever the CW does something campy it's not self aware and it's highly annoying.

• Better story: AoS vs. Arrow: AOS Season 2
  • Better action: AoS vs. Arrow: AOS

• Better character development: AoS vs. Arrow: AOS
  • Better new characters: Mockingbird/Hunter/Gonzalez/Jiaying/Cal vs. Ra's/Katana/Maseo/Ray Palmer.... Hunter is OK--but not great, Gonzalez is a throw away character. Jai was a good, Mockingbird is good, but she isn't going to take off until her spinoff. Ray was fun, but he isn't gonna take off until his spinoff. Katana was a throwaway character, so was Maseo. Ras was good. It's dead even in my mind. Oh and Cal was good.

• Better flashbacks: The day SHIELD fell/May in Baharain/Cal & Jiaying with Hydra/Coulson with Age of Ultron/Ward's childhood/etc. vs. Oliver/Maseo/Katana season long arc in Hong Kong. Hong Kong Ollie sucked. Boring and uninteresting. AOS.
  • Better romance: Fitz/Simmons and Hunter/Bobbi vs. Oliver/Felicity and Roy/Thea,: I hate Oliceity, so...AOS.
  • Better season opener: "Shadows" (AoS) vs. "The Calm" (Arrow)
  • Better midseason finale: "What they become" (AoS) vs. "The Climb" (Arrow)
  • Better season finale: "SOS" (AoS)vs. "My name is Oliver Queen" (Arrow)
  • Better Overall Season: AoS vs. Arrow

I really hated Arrow season 3. It sucked.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12 the_stegman  Moderator

@rbt: I am watching Gotham, and it's better than season 1, but still low on my list. Below Current Arrow and Flash, above Supergirl and izombie. I like galavant and Penguin rivalry and Gordon, but lil Bruce Wayne instantly slows down good stories for me.