Best zombie apocalypse skill?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

rogueshadow  Moderator

Poll Best zombie apocalypse skill? (25 votes)

Parkour/free running 28%
Hand to hand combat proficiency 0%
Survival training 56%
Fire-arm proficiency 4%
Melee weaponry skills 12%

You can choose to be incredibly effective at only one of these skills in the zombie apocalypse. However all of your other attributes will remain the same unless they slightly bleed into each other, but in general they will remain the same. Which would you choose?

• 
Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I chose Freerunning. I'm confident in my H2H

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

I'd go with survival training. It seems to be the most rounded choice, IMO.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FearTheLiving

I'll have to go with a choice not listed and say medical training. In a world where you can constantly get hurt just by gathering supplies some sort of medical knowledge is a must. Everything else on your list can be picked up a lot easier. (in my opinion of course).

If I had to pick I'd go with Parkour/Free Running because if you're good at that, that would be a huge benefit if you needed to get away/make supply runs.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Sweet thread. I chose survival training. Without that it wouldn't matter how well you ran or fought.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Survival training. Military SERE school teaches living off the land, gathering and purifying water, operating in a hostile urban environment without being seen or heard, hand to hand, and how to cope with incredibly uncomfortable situations like hunger and dehydration. Doesn't matter how well you can fight, if you can't survive.

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ownagepants

Survival training eventually you will be pushed into the wilderness so being able to survive off the land will be a life saving skill.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 the_stegman  Moderator

I'll have to go with a choice not listed and say medical training. In a world where you can constantly get hurt just by gathering supplies some sort of medical knowledge is a must. Everything else on your list can be picked up a lot easier. (in my opinion of course).

This.

But out of the options provided, survival training.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Melee weapons. Guns can run out of ammo, a nice sword will keep working for you forever!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Survival training. In the event of a zombie apocalypse, first concern is ofc the zombies and the possibility of getting bitten or eaten (though retreating to a thinly populated area might solve that), the second problem is basic supplies since everything (like refrigerators) stops working, eventually, so what are you going to do to get food and clean water?

Plus the other options involve fighting... which isn't going to be in your favor since the zombies are endless and relentless, and you aren't, not matter how good at fighting (no better way of getting infected) or shooting (will run out of bullets) you are.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toplel said:

@feartheliving said:

If I had to pick I'd go with Parkour/Free Running because if you're good at that, that would be a huge benefit if you needed to get away/make supply runs.

Wouldn't some basic medical training fall under survival training?

I got the impression that it meant living off the land in this list, because depending on your definition of survival training it could actually mean all of the above + a number of other things.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JonSmith

Have to go survival training as well: The other skills you could pick up a basic understanding of through practice. You could learn to fire a weapon simply by practicing, same with melee weapon skills and hand to hand combat. Just by living and navigating a city, you'd pick up on how to free run to survive.

With survival training? Only way you're learning that is from books or prior knowledge.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Survival training

It's the most useful on the list I'm confident in my skill in some areas and I can learn in the other areas.