#1 Posted by Swordsman83 (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Some prerequisites

1) Woman who fight using sword/katana all the time or most of the time.

2) purely sword technique, no superhuman strength, speed (like those swordsman/woman from kenshin,samurai champloo, or claymore)

I can only think of

1) Colleen Wing

2) Katana

Anyone else ?

#2 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Anime and Manga too?

Teresa owns all.

#3 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8855 posts) - - Show Bio

The greatest swordsman ever is Samurai Jack. None come even close to him. Second place is either Afro from Afro Samurai or the two main characters in Samurai Champloo.

#4 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach said:

The greatest swordsman ever is Samurai Jack. None come even close to him. Second place is either Afro from Afro Samurai or the two main characters in Samurai Champloo.

Missed the wo in the title dude.

#5 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3823 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach said:

The greatest swordsman ever is Samurai Jack. None come even close to him. Second place is either Afro from Afro Samurai or the two main characters in Samurai Champloo.

This

#6 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

If your opening this up to manga I'd expect a fairly large list

#7 Edited by Crom-Cruach (8855 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: No I didn't it's call confirming what is correct.

edit: The swordwoman in Samurai Champloo were almost equally insane.

#8 Posted by chocobojam (288 posts) - - Show Bio

Kenshin Himura from Rouroni Kenshin.

#9 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach said:

@Blood1991: No I didn't it's call confirming what is correct.

Ok, don't see what that has to do with the topic. This is about Swords-women not men.

#10 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8855 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Crom-Cruach said:

@Blood1991: No I didn't it's call confirming what is correct.

Ok, don't see what that has to do with the topic. This is about Swords-women not men.

see edit for clarification.

#11 Posted by The Stegman (24374 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah..Teresa  
 
Soi Fon is pretty good too though. 
 
  

#12 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach: I agree that blind woman was quite the bad ass. I stand by Teresa still "watch that clip she is insanely awesome" @The Stegman said:

Yeah..Teresa

Soi Fon is pretty good too though.

I freakin love Soi fon, though I see her as more H2H oriented.

#13 Posted by The Stegman (24374 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood1991: Soi Fon is my favorite captain! and yeah, she's more hand to hand..but I guess since technically Suzumebachi is still her sword, only condensed to her finger it still counts...kinda.
#14 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8855 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Crom-Cruach: I agree that blind woman was quite the bad ass. I stand by Teresa still "watch that clip she is in

I don't having sex demon/mutant powers that are used as partial justification for most of the crap you do doesn't earn you the title of best swordswoman in the face of a blind woman who kicks ass by following the sound of a blade cutting through empty air.

#15 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@Blood1991: Soi Fon is my favorite captain! and yeah, she's more hand to hand..but I guess since technically Suzumebachi is still her sword, only condensed to her finger it still counts...kinda.

Lol I will let you cheat out of love for her.

@Crom-Cruach said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Crom-Cruach: I agree that blind woman was quite the bad ass. I stand by Teresa still "watch that clip she is in

I don't having sex demon/mutant powers that are used as partial justification for most of the crap you do doesn't earn you the title of best swordswoman in the face of a blind woman who kicks ass by following the sound of a blade cutting through empty air.

She was the best out of i think 50 demon mutant chicks, and noting said this was souly about skill, but yes she was incredibly skilled.

#16 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8855 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Actually the OP points out it is solely about skill in #2 of his opening post. The blind woman relied solely on that.

Plus I have a dislike of Claymore and an totally biased as such will always refuse to give such high praise as best swordwoman to any character in the show.

#17 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach: I stand corrected, though she isn't really using a sword, but I let Soi Fon pass so screw it.

#18 Posted by rico_3088 (485 posts) - - Show Bio

zealot from wildcats

#19 Posted by IfDCRuledTheWorld (656 posts) - - Show Bio

This lady. Balsa.

#20 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@IfDCRuledTheWorld: I forgot all about her. She is a total beast with that spear. A shame the series wasn't very action oriented.

#21 Edited by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

K

Karas

#23 Edited by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

How about this guy...

Since it's OK for the character to have superpowers and not use a sword and not be a woman.

#24 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74:

this guy is close

#25 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18047 posts) - - Show Bio

He is up there and was the first person that came to mind.

#26 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Th

These guys are good.

#27 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

Juri Arisugawa

#28 Posted by Swordsman83 (68 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach said:

The greatest swordsman ever is Samurai Jack. None come even close to him. Second place is either Afro from Afro Samurai or the two main characters in Samurai Champloo.

@chocobojam said:

Kenshin Himura from Rouroni Kenshin.

both are not woman.

#29 Posted by RumbleMan_Exe (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

@Swordsman83:

Jubei chan

honoka

setsuna

Tsukikage ran

saber

Kanzaki

plenty more really

#30 Posted by Swordsman83 (68 posts) - - Show Bio

Any swordswoman from marvel, DC and other comics that are highly skilled ?

we got enough from anime.

#31 Posted by Aero_gt (840 posts) - - Show Bio

The samurai chick from outlaw star.

#32 Posted by ClarkJosephKent1938DC (682 posts) - - Show Bio

Samurai Jack is by far the best!

#33 Posted by Rabidwolfdog (259 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel - Elektra

GI:JOE - Jinx

#34 Posted by RumbleMan_Exe (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

@ClarkJosephKent1938DC said:

Samurai Jack is by far the best!

he was in a drag once so why not

#35 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye Mihawk from One Piece

#36 Posted by Swordsman83 (68 posts) - - Show Bio

@ClarkJosephKent1938DC said:

Samurai Jack is by far the best!

@arnoldoaad said:

Hawkeye Mihawk from One Piece

both are not SwordsWOMAN

#37 Posted by arnoldoaad (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

@Swordsman83 said:

@ClarkJosephKent1938DC said:

Samurai Jack is by far the best!

@arnoldoaad said:

Hawkeye Mihawk from One Piece

both are not SwordsWOMAN

OH

I Completely misread the thread title

sorry