#1 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

So I recently watched all Star Wars movies again and thought about reading some Star Wars comics. I picked up first Star Wars Tales issue (1999), but I'm not sure I liked it very much. There were just some random stories and battles were pretty lame.

So, any of you guys (and gals) down to reccomend me some badass Star Wars comics? Or some that includes Darth Maul?

#2 Posted by Xorion (439 posts) - - Show Bio

no darth maul from me mostly because I don't like him much. So to the recommendation then. Dark Times has a pretty good concept with jedi on the run and imperials are rising. Concept is also good because there isn't much stories about those times. I never understood the reason for going deeper and deeper into clone wars that much time of dark times has a greater potential. With having said that I highly recommend legacy series even tough Cade Skywalker is mostly a bloody annyoing person there is a solid story in legacy with good politics, mystery and action.

#3 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xorion said:

no darth maul from me mostly because I don't like him much. So to the recommendation then. Dark Times has a pretty good concept with jedi on the run and imperials are rising. Concept is also good because there isn't much stories about those times. I never understood the reason for going deeper and deeper into clone wars that much time of dark times has a greater potential. With having said that I highly recommend legacy series even tough Cade Skywalker is mostly a bloody annyoing person there is a solid story in legacy with good politics, mystery and action.

Thank you very much. I'll certainly see into these.

#4 Posted by JediXMan (30189 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi and Star Wars: Republic.

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by sagejonathan (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't they have a new Star Wars book that just came out. I heard it was amazing.

#6 Posted by Crash_Recovery (850 posts) - - Show Bio

The Thrawn Trilogy which takes place immediately after Return of the Jedi was pretty awesome both in book and comic form. It's available in trade from Dark Horse.