• 52 results
Posted by modernww2fare (1068 posts) 8 months, 9 days ago

Poll: Best portrayal of Ra's al Ghul? (92 votes)

DCAU 30%
Batman : The Brave & the Bold 0%
Nolan movies 28%
Arkham games 30%
Young Justice 3%
Batman: Under the Red Hood 8%

Which is the best portrayal of Ra's al Ghul in animated and live action media?

#1 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7808 posts) - - Show Bio

@modernww2fare: Could you add a "just want to see the results" option? I'm sad to say I haven't read - or watched - much of Ra's.

#2 Posted by modernww2fare (1068 posts) - - Show Bio

@modernww2fare: Could you add a "just want to see the results" option? I'm sad to say I haven't read - or watched - much of Ra's.

If there's one thing I hate about Comicvine, it's that I can't edit my poll threads :-T

#3 Posted by TheCannon (18296 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkham games for me. It was the first thing I saw with Ra's that I actually liked (hadn't read any comics), and now I love him wherever I see him (except Batman TAS). Nolan films & UtRH as close seconds.

#4 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7808 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie said:

If there's one thing I hate about Comicvine, it's that I can't edit my poll threads :-T

Oh, well. I'll just pick one at random then.

#5 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolan/Arkham are my favs but Arkham is the best portrayal of Ra's as he was much more like his comic book counterpart.

#6 Posted by modernww2fare (1068 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkham games for me. It was the first thing I saw with Ra's that I actually liked (hadn't read any comics), and now I love him wherever I see him (except Batman TAS). Nolan films & UtRH as close seconds.

Why didn't you like the TAS version of him?

Nolan/Arkham are my favs but Arkham is the best portrayal of Ra's as he was much more like his comic book counterpart.

Damn right, I really liked his TAS version too though. But my mind isn't made up yet.

#7 Edited by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@modernww2fare: Yeah I liked him too.... But I liked the others better lol.

#8 Posted by TheCannon (18296 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecannon said:

Why didn't you like the TAS version of him?

I honestly don't know why, there was just something about him I didn't like and I always hated any episode which involved him (except for the Batman Beyond episode, that was awesome). But I honestly don't know why.

#9 Posted by modernww2fare (1068 posts) - - Show Bio

@modernww2fare: Yeah I liked him too.... But I liked the others better lol.

I think I'm leaning the most towards the Arkham version. His boss fight (freakin' epic) along with the revelation of him being the mastermind behind Arkham City were by far my favorite parts of the game. I kinda like the voice actor from BTAS the most though, even though Dee Bradley Baker did a hell of a good job voicing Ra's.

#10 Edited by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Douglatron (23 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm curious to see what Arrow ends up doing with Ra's al Ghul. He's only been mentioned a few times but the League of Shadows stuff this season is pretty good.

#12 Posted by Emequious_Swerve (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

The DCAU version of course. Best portrayal of the character, just like it was to most Batman characters.

#13 Posted by LyraFay (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

He was portrayed not badly in Batman: The Brave and The Bold despite the face that the show was inspired the silver age and he didn't come from that age of comics. But I'm going to go with Liam Neeson as Ra's, something regal about him that I admire.

#14 Posted by modernww2fare (1068 posts) - - Show Bio

@lyrafay said:

He was portrayed not badly in Batman: The Brave and The Bold despite the face that the show was inspired the silver age and he didn't come from that age of comics. But I'm going to go with Liam Neeson as Ra's, something regal about him that I admire.

"Have you finally learned to do what is necessary?"

#15 Posted by bob808 (6766 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Begins

#16 Posted by modernww2fare (1068 posts) - - Show Bio

@bob808 said:

Batman Begins

Nolan's movies it is then, eh? :)

#17 Edited by Jack Donaghy (977 posts) - - Show Bio

DCAU version, David Warner calling Batman detective is epic.

#18 Edited by reaverlation (15563 posts) - - Show Bio

arkham games.him coming out of the lazaris pit was freaking awesome saying "only one of us will make it out of here alive" and batman saying "we'll see about that." Also liam neeson came in second for me in nolanverse

#19 Posted by RustyRoy (11985 posts) - - Show Bio

This is too hard possibly because every portrayal of Ra's has been beyond awesome but I'm gonna go with DCAU since it seems to be underrated here and

#20 Posted by M3th (2082 posts) - - Show Bio

ArkHam verse is winning? MetH tHougHt tHat portrayal wasn't tHat good.

MetH voted for Under tHe Red Hood.

June'sVeryOwn

#21 Posted by SavageDragon (2250 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

This is too hard possibly because every portrayal of Ra's has been beyond awesome but I'm gonna go with DCAU since it seems to be underrated here and

@jack_donaghy said:

"Detective." Nuff said.

#22 Posted by modernww2fare (1068 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@jack_donaghy said:

"Detective." Nuff said.

Word.

#25 Edited by cosmicallyaware1 (4305 posts) - - Show Bio

None.

#26 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6272 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolan movies.

#27 Edited by modernww2fare (1068 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (4305 posts) - - Show Bio

@modernww2fare: because I feel that he is yet to be portrayed the way he should be. Just my opinion.

#29 Posted by modernww2fare (1068 posts) - - Show Bio

@modernww2fare: because I feel that he is yet to be portrayed the way he should be. Just my opinion.

But I want to know why you don't like each individual version of him :)

#30 Edited by ganon15 (1446 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I loved Liam Neeson's portrayal of him in Batman Begins and his boss fight in Arkham City, I'm going to have to go with the DCAU version. David Warner's voice matched him perfectly and he can't be topped

#31 Edited by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of these choices TAS, but the best portrayal was Grant Morrison..

#34 Posted by Jonez120 (4136 posts) - - Show Bio

Who voted YJ? He says like two freaking words the whole series

#35 Edited by ganon15 (1446 posts) - - Show Bio

But is Ra's al Ghul immortal? Are his methods supernatural?

#36 Posted by RogueShadow (10323 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkham. But I think Arrow's version will be good.

#37 Posted by Jayc1324 (11449 posts) - - Show Bio

Picked DCAU but I think I actually liked arkham and Nolan ra's better.

#39 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6272 posts) - - Show Bio

Arkham City. Nolan comes close.

#40 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6102 posts) - - Show Bio

This

#41 Edited by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller: Neeson is such a BAMF.... And I loved him before he was ultra famous. Although that has really nothing to add to this argument lol.

#42 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (6102 posts) - - Show Bio

@ultrastarkiller: Neeson is such a BAMF.... And I loved him before he was ultra famous. Although that has really nothing to add to this argument lol.

haha It has everything to add to the argument it shows you can spot a BAMF before they even know they're a BAMF...respect

#43 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by DoctorXander (1076 posts) - - Show Bio

Have unfortunately not seen him in the DCAU yet, but even though it was not exactly the comic character Neeson gave an underrated performance as Ra's

#45 Posted by modernww2fare (1068 posts) - - Show Bio

Have unfortunately not seen him in the DCAU yet, but even though it was not exactly the comic character Neeson gave an underrated performance as Ra's

yeah, he was awesome

#47 Edited by Jokerpoker (2951 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read a lot of comics with Ra's as a main character, but I really liked him in Batman Begins. Liam Neeson does a great job of portraying him.

#48 Posted by modernww2fare (1068 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't read a lot of comics with Ra's as a main character, but I really liked him in Batman Begins. Liam Neeson does a great job of portraying him.

I agree

#50 Edited by JediXMan (30296 posts) - - Show Bio

I will always love his portrayal in Batman: Dark Tomorrow, which - in my opinion - had a fantastic final battle, even if it wasn't hard.