#1 Posted by Jayc1324 (13374 posts) - - Show Bio

We have tons of threads for top DC martial artists, but none for new 52. So, give your list of the best martial artists in DC that we have seen in the new 52. Reasons are appreciated as well.

#2 Edited by koshi_waza88 (2097 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow (Conner Hawk) his fighting abilities exceed his archery skills

#3 Posted by Jayc1324 (13374 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#4 Posted by Pperspectiveandreality (1931 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd wager batman has the best and the most feats. So Batman

#5 Edited by koshi_waza88 (2097 posts) - - Show Bio

@pperspectiveandreality: Batmans level is high for the real world but not the comic book world of martial arts but he is good at compensating for them with using his environment and gadgets to compensate he also plays mind games can get them to lose focus and make a mistake you could argue this makes him an even better martial artist but in terms of physical fighting ability there are a few higher up

#6 Posted by DarthAznable (8109 posts) - - Show Bio

@koshi_waza88: Uhhh Batman is the top 5 or 6 martial artist in DC. He has great skill showings in New 52 as well.

anyways based on what I've read of the New 52, Batman for now.

#7 Posted by Pperspectiveandreality (1931 posts) - - Show Bio

@koshi_waza88:

Name the characters in the new 52 higher than Batman as far as martial arts go.

#8 Posted by koshi_waza88 (2097 posts) - - Show Bio

It goes against character... Batman is a man of all trades and skill but not a true master of any except maybe tactics, i like this fact that batman when outmatched compensates or you could even argue cheats (no such thing in a real fight) when restricted to pure martial arts he would hold his own but with great chance of getting kicked i am not including the ability to use faints (decoy punch) or pretend to be hurt or unconsciousness to lure in your opponents in for a sneak attack.

#9 Posted by Jayc1324 (13374 posts) - - Show Bio

I am guessing its like Batman, Lady Shiva, Connor Hawke, not sure after that.

#10 Posted by Eisenfauste (8766 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade Wilson ;)

#11 Posted by koshi_waza88 (2097 posts) - - Show Bio

@eisenfauste: should we count meta humans with enhanced strength and speed plus Nth metal armour ??

#12 Posted by comicace3 (6584 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade is pretty good. I remember a scan where he fought dozens of ninjas

Batman ( no joke here)

Lady shiva

Is Connor in the new 52? If so then yeah him.

#13 Posted by Eisenfauste (8766 posts) - - Show Bio

@koshi_waza88: Meh. You could but slade has only fought fodder ninja's before and he was only able to go toe to toe with them because of his enhanced physicals. Just like pre-52 Deathstroke was only able to mop the floor with batman because of enhanced speed and reactions. He was on a spec ops team IIRC, could be new 52 deathstroke story though, so he has some great h2h skill but no where near anyone like Dick Grayson or Batman.

#14 Posted by dagmar_merrill (10238 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce.

#16 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (4908 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman has shown off a lot of martial art skills in the New 52, her #0 issue showed that even as a child she was a fighting prodigy.

#17 Edited by koshi_waza88 (2097 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainmarvel4ever: Greek Pankration more than 648 B.C combined Greek wrestling with boxing ... even without superpowers should be a contender to Asian martial-arts :)

#18 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (4908 posts) - - Show Bio

@koshi_waza88: Exactly, way too many people under estimate her. Plus, she was also secretly trained by the god of war, so that puts her on an even higher level then the other amazons who are all experts in combat. All that along with her own godly powers and I'd say she's probably the strongest member of the League.

#19 Edited by koshi_waza88 (2097 posts) - - Show Bio

@captainmarvel4ever: Martial arts, military tactics, powers and magical weapons the only thing i think could be more dangerous could be a high level meta-human batman

#20 Posted by CaptainMarvel4Ever (4908 posts) - - Show Bio

@koshi_waza88: Even then she could still probably beat him, after all her New 52 book is basically her just fighting god after god after god (In all seriousness though it's much deeper then that).

#21 Posted by Pokeysteve (8653 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna throw Barbara Gordon's name out there. She doesn't have many feats against credible fighters yet but Simone is really focusing on the analytical side of her mind when in a fight. It's neat to read.

#22 Edited by Deathstroke52 (1011 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

Lady Shiva

Slade Wilson

Green Arrow

#23 Edited by Super_Buck (1592 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

Bane

Jason Todd

Nightwing

#24 Posted by Jayc1324 (13374 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_buck: wouldn't count bane, he got his butt kicked by batman

#25 Posted by Super_Buck (1592 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: So? Are you forgetting he stomped Batman as well?

#26 Posted by Jayc1324 (13374 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_buck: most recently batman stomped him, while on venom. Count him if you want to though.

#27 Posted by Super_Buck (1592 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: Pluck me out, when others are calling in names like Barbara and Slade...

#28 Posted by Jayc1324 (13374 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Edited by matchesmalone21 (9177 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

We have tons of threads for top DC martial artists, but none for new 52. So, give your list of the best martial artists in DC that we have seen in the new 52. Reasons are appreciated as well.

So far....

Batman,Damian Wayne (before died),Batgirl,Richard Dragon and more than any one Wonder Woman.