Best Marvel Runs (Results) !!

• 59 results
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Almost on every website I have seen and every X-Men fan on the internet, like Morrison´s X-Men. I have never seen hate for it.

And from what I have read it´s highly considered one of the best runs on the X-Men.

Eh, I have seen a lot of big X-Men fans dislike it on forums and have heard fans dislike it on podcasts (Uncanny X-Cast, Danger Room) and blogspots (zak-site, unleash the fanboy) and things like that, it's not always hated per se, but it has been dubbed "over rated" quite a bit. I'm being serious too, if you were to inquire the X-Men forums on this website about what fans thought about it, the response would probably be largely indifferent or negative, I can even quote one user named adamtrimm who I can recall calls the character of Cassandra Nova, the premier villain of his run "a sh*t, Mary Sue villain"--which I sort of agree.

Also, a lot of weird plot details that fans hate were introduced during his run......like cat-Beast, who was made gay for a while before Morrison decided that was a stupid idea, mutants evolving into looking like weird creatures, secondary mutations, Cassandra Nova, giving Wolverine the ever boring name of "James Howlett", home wrecking Emma Frost etc.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I'm surprised that Cap won, I"m glad that he got some love finally. He is in my top 5 after all.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Bump.

I was checking my old blogs and found this, interested in seeing what others think.

silent_bomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

You can't have a top Marvel runs without Lee/Kirby or Lee/Ditko, these guys created the Marvel world and all of the major characters in it and their personalities. Everyone else is just playing and experimenting with their toys.

The only real exceptions are Claremont on X-Men, Miller on Daredevil (who didn't even appear), Moore/Davis/Delano on Captain Britain, and maybe to a lessor extent Peter David on Hulk. All of whom went on to define those series' in one way or another. Other than that there's the people who created their own stuff, such as Vaughn on Runaways, or Steve Gerber.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Remember when Bendis and Jason Aaron wrote comics people liked those were the days

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Claremont's X men run. For someone who actually started reading X men comics not too long ago, I really like his run so far. It's amazing. Also with Brubaker's Cap run. Truly awesome writing right there

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:

Remember when Bendis and Jason Aaron wrote comics people liked those were the days

Lol. Bendis has always been a huge wildcard though. His writing talent often just doesn't outweigh the offensive direction he takes characters. The guy really knows what makes fans tick...

Aaron used to get nothing but praise until he became an sjw vampire. I remember one person saying he was going to go down as a GOAT in the glory days of Thor: GOT.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonez_ said:
@kevd4wg said:

Lol. Bendis has always been a huge wildcard though. His writing talent often just doesn't outweigh the offensive direction he takes characters. The guy really knows what makes fans tick...

Aaron used to get nothing but praise until he became an sjw vampire. I remember one person saying he was going to go down as a GOAT in the glory days of Thor: GOT.

Bendis is mostly just bad at writing high tiers and events street tiers single runs is a lot better. Aaron just had a vision and went with it. It was just a disliked vision.