Best martial artists (in terms of skill) in live action marvel/dc

Nyhybrid89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Best martial artists (in terms of skill) in live action marvel/dc (45 votes)

Green Arrow (Arrow) 18%
Batman (Nolan) 13%
Captain America (MCU) 29%
Malcom Meryln (Arrow) 24%
Black Canary (sara) (Arrow) 4%
Black Widow (MCU) 16%
Daredevil (MCU) 38%
Blade (New LIne Cinema) 18%
 • 
Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malcolm Merlyn is the best.

My ranking out of these would be:

Merlyn

Oliver

Blade? Don't remember his movies very much

Batman

Sara

Cap

Daredevil

Black Widow

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blade.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Merlyn is the most terrifying, imo. Ollie and Sara come next, then Daredevil come after. No movie characters should be here.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Redatom1234

Merlyn stomps these losers, only Ollie and Sara comes close

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

In this list, Merlyn is the best (if you ignore Blade's physical powers and focus only on skill).

Aside from this list, Ozymandias is probably the best.

Xrated48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Daredevil (MCU) the martial arts in this show is insane mostly because of daredevil himself

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just because Daredevil has the best looking/most realistic fight scenes doesn't mean he has the most skill. He frequently gets beat down by fodder and street thugs, even if he manages to win in the end. One could argue the realistic fights make for a better show, but they put him at a massive disadvantage in online battles.

The answer here is Merlyn. Gangbangers wouldn't even manage to touch him.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

It's either Merlyn or Ollie.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil his fight all like a dang kung fu movie.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don´t watch Arrow, so excluding those characters, Cap is the best.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why is nolan batbrawler even here?

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@dan12456 said:

Just because Daredevil has the best looking/most realistic fight scenes doesn't mean he has the most skill. He frequently gets beat down by fodder and street thugs, even if he manages to win in the end. One could argue the realistic fights make for a better show, but they put him at a massive disadvantage in online battles.

The answer here is Merlyn. Gangbangers wouldn't even manage to touch him.

No Caption Provided

It's sad that Daredevil is winning the pole

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

dceu batman

Nyhybrid89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider-manwins: for the bat fanboys lol, and I'm curious to see how much he would actually get.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#17 JediXMan  Moderator

Daredevil was not particularly impressive. He had severe difficulty against every opponent he faced, including common street thugs.

He's okay, but I still think he's actually the worst one in this list (like it or not, yes, Nolan Batman has done better in his fights - he never got the crap beaten out of him by thugs).

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

Daredevil was not particularly impressive. He had severe difficulty against every opponent he faced, including common street thugs.

He's okay, but I still think he's actually the worst one in this list (like it or not, yes, Nolan Batman has done better in his fights - he never got the crap beaten out of him by thugs).

Except those dogs. Hehe.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 juiceboks  Moderator

Matt was never beaten by street thugs when he wasn't already injured. Hell he took out more than half a dozen of the Russians when he was still recovering from literally almost dying a few days before.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dan12456

@juiceboks: that injury literally came from getting beat on by other street thugs...

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Winter Soldier.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@dan12456: First of all they weren't just common mooks, they were Russian mobsters. Second of all they ambushed him off screen, we don't know exactly what happened other than it didn't end well for Matt. There could have been 15 of them all armed with guns and combat knives for all we know. At worst it's a low showing of carelessness on Matt's part, and was rectified literally that same night when he took them all down at their hideout while in a state that would've earned him a rush to the ER.

Show me a fight where Matt was owned by common street thugs on screen.

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By lettsplay10

Batman

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dan12456: First of all they weren't just common mooks, they were Russian mobsters. Second of all they ambushed him off screen, we don't know exactly what happened other than it didn't end well for Matt. There could have been 15 of them all armed with guns and combat knives for all we know. At worst it's a low showing of carelessness on Matt's part, and was rectified literally that same night when he took them all down at their hideout while in a state that would've earned him a rush to the ER.

OOH Russian Mobsters, I take it all back.

Matt literally struggled in every single fight in the series except the very first one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These results are all screwed up. Merlyn should have the majority easily. Daredevil is winning yet he is, at best, the second or third worst here.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Malcolm

Oliver

Blade

Batman

Captain America

Daredevil

Black Widow

Sara

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 juiceboks  Moderator

@dan12456 said:
@juiceboks said:

Matt literally struggled in every single fight in the series except the very first one.

Russian mobsters who were arguably the most dangerous gang in Hell's Kitchen. Clearly not your "common street thugs".

You need to revisit the series because your memory is failing you. Matt had no trouble taking down those armed mobsters that kidnapped Claire, those armed police officers while handcuffed, or those armed police officers who were going to shoot that corrupt detective in the warehouse. Healy gave him some trouble but Matt was still clearly dominating nearly the entire time and Healy himself was a trained fighter and killer. Stick gave Matt trouble but that's to be expected given he trained the man. Nobu was a ninja who was a master of an unorthodox fighting style, clearly someone who would fodderize "common street thugs" and Matt still beat him. He had trouble with Melvin whom, much like Fisk, was much stronger than anyone Matt had previously fought and at the same time Matt only wanted his help. He also knew how to fight with the tools in his workshop very effectively, so it's not like he wasn't an experienced fighter. Fisk giving Matt trouble should be expected for obvious reasons.

The only people that Matt couldn't fodderize were trained professionals and guys with near inhuman levels of strength and durability(relative to everyone else).

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dan12456

@juiceboks said:
@dan12456 said:
@juiceboks said:

Russian mobsters who were arguably the most dangerous gang in Hell's Kitchen. Clearly not your "common street thugs".

You need to revisit the series because your memory is failing you. Matt had no trouble taking down those armed mobsters that kidnapped Claire, those armed police officers while handcuffed, or those armed police officers who were going to shoot that corrupt detective in the warehouse. Healy gave him some trouble but Matt was still clearly dominating nearly the entire time and Healy himself was a trained fighter and killer. Stick gave Matt trouble but that's to be expected given he trained the man. Nobu was a ninja who was a master of an unorthodox fighting style, clearly someone who would fodderize "common street thugs" and Matt still beat him. He had trouble with Melvin whom, much like Fisk, was much stronger than anyone Matt had previously fought and at the same time Matt only wanted his help. He also knew how to fight with the tools in his workshop very effectively, so it's not like he wasn't an experienced fighter. Fisk giving Matt trouble should be expected for obvious reasons.

The only people that Matt couldn't fodderize were trained professionals and guys with near inhuman levels of strength and durability(relative to everyone else).

Dude, no gang banger should've been a threat to matt if he was in the caliber of the other characters on this poll. Also pretty sure the Russians were less dangerous than Madame Gao's gang, but either way the series doesn't state it and they are still random fodder others on this list would wreck.

The fact is Matt has absolutely zero high end feats, as you yourself state he had serious trouble with EVERY SINGLE character who wasn't fodder in the entire series. Melvin Potter and Fisk are not enhanced humans and neither are even particularly trained combatants. There is no indication Nobu is an upper level member of the Hand, probably an average member for the group but who knows at this point, I just highly doubt they'd start with a particularly strong one. Stick I accept a bit more. Healy was merely upper level fodder. The first episode assassin also worked him hard.

Beating cops is the least impressive feat in comic book show history. Nearly ever character can do that. I did forget about the ones who took Claire but he had prep there, so not a great example of his fighting skill.

Again this isn't a bad thing, the show is great and it arguably works better. But Daredevil at this point simply doesn't have high level feats. Like at all.

Edit: Remember Merlyn, Oliver, etc commonly mow down league of assassin members. Very upper level fodder who are probably all as skilled as Nobu. And they take down like 5 in a minute without breaking a sweat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe
deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I give this to the guy who can catch an arrow shot at him by an expert marksman from like 3m and throw it right back at him. Oliver is close second.

Nyhybrid89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By Penguin-Dust

No love for Daisy/Quake? She had a hard to believe trasformation at the end of Season 2 and looked better than May. I don't understand imaginary power levels, feats and all that Battles stuff, so I can only remark on whose flashy fight choreography looked to most fun/painful. I wouldn't put Daisy at the top, but I thought it was kind of cool. I'd probably put Blade at the top. His fight scenes had a lot if style; heavy Asian cinema influence.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

@jayc1324 said:

Malcolm Merlyn is the best.

My ranking out of these would be:

Merlyn

Oliver

Blade? Don't remember his movies very much

Batman

Sara

Cap

Daredevil

Black Widow

This. Widow hasn't done anything impressive. DareDevil isn't suppose to be a expert which shows in the show. One of its appeals. Cap does some fancy stuff but IMO its all down to the serum.