Best JSA

jonEsherfey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By jonEsherfey

I want to read some JSA and don't know where to start. CAn you guys recommend some good JSA stories?

-jonEsherfey

SolthesunGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SolthesunGod

Earth 2 is pretty good. You can jump on with that it's only a couple of issues in.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By CrimsonCake

Jsa Vs Kobra.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#4  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

just start with this issue and keep going...................

I also recommend two elseworlds series: the liberty file and the unholy three. excellent stuff, priceless.

and, this one is a gem too....... the golden age..........another elseworlds homerun.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@SolthesunGod said:

Earth 2 is pretty good. You can jump on with that it's only a couple of issues in.

Agreed.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Jorgevy

@DoomDoomDoom said:

@SolthesunGod said:

Agreed.

x2

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By They Killed Cap!

Start witht he Geoff Johns stuff...

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By consolemaster001

THY KINGDOM COME

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By StrangeMan

JSA from the late 90s and the Justice Society of America of 2006-2011 were great, there's also JSA: Classified, an anthology series focusing on one character every story. There's also the short-lived Len Strazewski ongoing from the early 90s, which spawned from a mini-series that took the characters out of the Limbo that they were left in after Crisis on Infinite Earths, both the mini-series and ongoing were great, the closest thing that the JSA had similar to the DCAU. Also, the elseworlds mentioned above, especially The Golden Age, are outstanding.

And of course there's also the current Earth 2 title, which is pretty good on its own right, but if you want the real JSA you should check out the Pre-Flashpoint stuff.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lightsout

@StrangeMan said:

And of course there's also the current Earth 2 title, which is pretty good on its own right, but if you want the real JSA you should check out the Pre-Flashpoint stuff.

THIS. Earth 2 isn't bad, but it's not really the same thing - especially theme wise (Older heroes bringing along younger ones & continuing the heroic traditions). Geoff John's run on the JSA (all of "JSA" plus the beginning of "Justice Society of America") was GREAT in my opinion. I'd really recommend them. (Off hand I don't know which arcs I'd say were my favorites though).