Best Indie Comic Moments Of The Week (07/02/14)

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

Edited By Strider1992

Well I haven't had the time (or funding) to do this thread for the past month or so but its back!

Baltimore: Chapel Of Bones #2 (Dark Horse): Vampires Get Merced!

Henry has finally tracked down the Vampire that killed his family and suffice to say he's not a happy bunny.

Dramatic entrance level = badass
Dramatic entrance level = badass

After what happened to his family you can understand Henry's desire to unleash a bit of good ol ass whooping on the Vamps.

No Caption Provided

To sum this issue up......lots of Vampires that do not sparkle die very bad deaths.

No Caption Provided

Aphrodite IX #8 (Top Cow): The "Superior" Aphrodite!?

For the first time since her appearance we finally get to see what Aphrodite XV, Aphrodite IX's upgraded model is capable of and she's got a very different approach to situations to IX.

Strike!!!!
Strike!!!!

She shows herself to be far more brutal than IX......efficient but brutal

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I wasn't sure about Sejic's new approach to his art since issue #6 but this issue completely sold me on the new style of inking!

Doc Ock called! he wants his tentacles back!
Doc Ock called! he wants his tentacles back!

Artifacts #34 (Top Cow): Ian's Back!

Top Cow really knocked it out of the park with Aphrodite IX but without a doubt one of the most anticipated events of this week from them was the return of Ian Nottingham who hasn't been seen since 2011. For those of you who are unaware of who Ian is he's an ex member of the British SAS and a genetically modified killer who makes a habit out of catching bullets. This time though we see another side of Ian. His Assassin side, the side that caused Kenneth Irons to pick him as his bodyguard and most of the Top Cow-verse to fear confrontations with him.

Throwing Stars>>>>Guns
Throwing Stars>>>>Guns

In this issue Ian is proving to himself that he doesn't need the Blood Sword in order to kill people and he proves that quite convincingly via assassinations, extortion and out right cruelty.

No Caption Provided

Unfortunately for them the Yakuza are the ones the psychopathic Brit turns his talents against.

That seems the right reaction to me!
That seems the right reaction to me!

and why did Ian do all this exactly? To prove he didn't need the Blood Sword yes but also to send a message to anyone who wants to challenge him in order to take it!

No Caption Provided

Apparently drawing a picture of a giant sword in the blood of his enemies across the street was a big "Come at me brah!" to the rest of the Artifacts!

Come at me Brah!
Come at me Brah!

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pokergeist

@strider92: Nice, Ian vs Gorgon seems like a sweet match lol.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Yeah standard Ian Vs Gorgon would probably see Ian losing due to Gorgon's telepathic pre-cog but Blood Sword Ian Vs Grass Cutter Gorgon? That would be a badass fight.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pokergeist

@cadencev2: Yeah standard Ian Vs Gorgon would probably see Ian losing due to Gorgon's telepathic pre-cog but Blood Sword Ian Vs Grass Cutter Gorgon? That would be a badass fight.

I should make that.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By JakeN7

@strider92: Ah! Don't write out the date like a crazy foreigner. Don't you know we Americans know best?

In all seriousness I did immediately think you were talking about July 2nd, 2014.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Man I really need to catch up on my Top Cow

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: Looks cool, I'm catching up on the new Aphrodite now, but I only buy trades so not there yet. As for Artifacts, great series so far. Nice bloody intro to bring back Ian. Hope it's not a cop out like it was in the artifacts crossover thought.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crom_cruach: yeah the Artifacts crossover was a big disappointment Ian wise but he did have that one badass moment Vs Finnegan.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crom_cruach: yeah the Artifacts crossover was a big disappointment Ian wise but he did have that one badass moment Vs Finnegan.

Eh the only badass moment really to his level was his prison escape where he basically just tells Aphrodite he could have escaped anytime he wanted, after we see him effortlessly murder his way to freedom. Invidentally this is the vibe that I'm getting from these previews, totally awesome. But it in no way means that we'll get anything close to that level of cool all the way through.

What really sucked in my opinion was that even if they'd not had him do a lot of fighting, they could have done so much more drama wise. That one scene where he tells Sarah the reason why he was ready to destroy the world to me looked like something they could have expended so much upon. "Maybe a new world is the best way to go. I certainly never go anything I wanted in this world."