V For Vendetta
Batman:
Year one
The Dark Knight Returns
The Dark Knight Strikes again.
DC Universe: Stories of Alan Moore
Marvel Zombies: Dead Days
Black  Hole

And some other minor comics(Superman Nr.1 1980 among others) don't thinks it's worth anything, still feels good to say it though ^^

So, what kind of epic stories have i missed? : )

#2 Posted by NorthernFredz (4 posts) - - Show Bio

You should check out the Killing Joke as another good Batman graphic novel. I had a look today at Joker as well couldn't say if it was any good because I haven't read it. Looked alright though.

#3 Posted by rbysjti (10690 posts) - - Show Bio

According to what i have read on sites comic magazines, etc  Y: The Last Man is one of the best. they also included Superman for all seasons and Bone   .

These three Graphic novels which i have are the graphic novels i consider the best.

#4 Posted by TheRoamer (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I would certainly check out Batman: The Long Halloween and Jonah Hex: No Way Back if you're interested at all in Westerns.
#5 Posted by Chane (538 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wise: Long Halloween, Dark Victory, Killing Joke 

#6 Posted by ScipioAfricanus (262 posts) - - Show Bio

Maus by Art Spiegelman is outstanding and I think should be read by everyone

#7 Posted by Joey Ravn (382 posts) - - Show Bio
@ScipioAfricanus said:
" Maus by Art Spiegelman is outstanding and I think should be read by everyone "
Thank you. Add The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen to the list.

BTW, many of those that other people have mentioned are not graphic novels. Most are long story arcs collected in trades, especially the X-Men's ones, but whatever.
#8 Posted by AMS (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

You will miss out on stuff though if you just stick to just collecting solo contained stories in my opinion.  

You'll never read about Morpheus and the endless, Jesse Custer, Cassidy and Tulip etc. etc. and other great series but hey it's your money and choice man. 

I'll tell you one that people hate me for recommending it to them after they have read it;  

Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid On Earth.