best flash story

JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JamDamage

I'm quickly becoming a Flash fan. Not that I wasn't before, but I'm looking for good story arch. what are some of the best ones. please no new 52 either. I have all the issues. I want some good old flash. anything up to Flashpoint. I wouldn't mind a good Teen Titans or Outsiders arch either.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

The conflict between Zoom/Professor Zoom was my favorite.

minigunman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By minigunman123

Hmm...

Flashpoint was one of my favorites, other than that I haven't read any Flash-specific stories, I don't think. He is definitely a good character though.

If you're interested in learning more about the New-52 and it's origins, and also interested in reading a great alternate universe story, pick up the Flashpoint novel. It's awesome.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Billy Batson

#0, 1-225 of the second volume. Also Rogues' Revenge is pretty excellent.

BB

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By feebadger

@JamDamage: Well, i think you can't go past Crisis On Infinite Earths. Flash is only a minor character for most of it, but probably THE most important event in Flash history occurs in it. Final Crisis, a kind of sequel (in a series) to Crisis On Infinite Earths is important also and returns the Flash to the centre of the DC Universe. The other i would recommend is Flash: Rebirth, which reintroduces the Flash under the careful hand of Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver. There are a lot of great silver age stories too, which are harder to get as they haven't been collected into trades yet. Hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions :)

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#6  Edited By RideASpaceCowboy

@feebadger said:

@JamDamage: Final Crisis, a kind of sequel (in a series) to Crisis On Infinite Earths is important also and returns the Flash to the centre of the DC Universe. The other i would recommend is Flash: Rebirth, which reintroduces the Flash under the careful hand of Geoff Johns and Ethan Van Sciver.

I definitely agree with the feedbadger on this one. Flash:Rebirth is my favorite Flash story of all time, and Final Crisis is my favorite superhero story of all time (tied with Flex Mentallo). You owe it to yourself to read them both.

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By feebadger

@RideASpaceCowboy: Interesting that Final Crisis is one of your favourites. So many people hated that story (i'm still torn between genius and incoherent myself :). What is it that you loved about it so much?

Avatar image for rideaspacecowboy
RideASpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#8  Edited By RideASpaceCowboy

feebadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By feebadger

@RideASpaceCowboy: Oh, i've read all of Morrison's work and, like i said, am still undecided on Final Crisis. Depends on my mood when i'm reading it i think. Sometimes i love it, other times i think he needed a really good editor working with him. I get the meta-text regarding story telling itself, but am still not entirely convinced that he pulled it off. I think that Flex Mentallo, Joe The Barbarian and even the later Zenith stories were far more successful in that sense.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By the_tree

I think Rogue War was pretty damn awesome.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By TDK_1997

I really loved Rogues Revenge.

Sharkbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sharkbite

I loved the final arc Flash that ended Bart Allen's run.

I had not respected a Flash that much since Barry's time in Crisis.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By DonFelipe

Flashpoint definitely has its up and downs and it's a rather big crossover unless you stick to the core issues only. My favorite tie-ins are Batman, Booster Gold, and Frankenstein. Project Superman is an interesting read, too, but has its flaws (as the entire story arc by the way). However, one should also keep in mind that most tie-ins have very little to do with Flash himself; the stories just occur during the Flashpoint event/s. Last not least, I recommend reading the last few issues of the Flash Volume 3 that ended shortly before Flashpoint; issues #8-12. It's worth it.

When it comes to Flash Volume 2 many story arc are collected and available in TPB; the best are: The Return of Barry Allen, Terminal Velocity, Blitz (The Origin of Zoom), Rogue War. After that, maybe Dead Heat, Ignition. Another great one is Chain Lightning #145-150 but it has not been collected yet (afaik).

As stated above The Flash: Rebirth is another must read and one of the best Flash arcs.

There is another Flashpoint story that was published as Elseworlds story. It's okay but read everything else first.

There's a couple of fun issues dubbed as the Superman/Flash races that are worth reading. Here's a list. I may add summaries but am running out of time now. Apparently I'm no Flash.

Enjoy reading.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#14  Edited By TheCannon

Flashpoint.

darkwingdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Why has no one mentioned "The Return of Barry Allen" by Mark Waid? That just might be the best Flash story I've read.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Hyperlight

I think its called dead run or dead zone with savitar... loved it