Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

There were a lot of great looking covers to many of this week's new releases, here are some of our favorites.

First up is the cover to WINTER SOLDIER #10 which is incredibly illustrated. It reminded us a lot of a 60's spy movie poster the way it looks painted. I thought it was great to use Natasha's red hair to create a contrast between red and white on the cover, it's very clever and very well done. Black Widow looks absolutely gorgeous and sexier than ever. The cover is a great example of artist Steve Epting's talents.

== TEASER ==

It was hard to choose between both covers of this month's AMERICAN VAMPIRE: LORD OF NIGHTMARES #4. As big fans of artist Dustin Nguyen's work on BATMAN DETECTIVE and BATMAN BEYOND, it's really fantastic to see Nguyen exploring the dark and eerie world of AMERICAN VAMPIRE. Who knew he could capture creepy so well? Both covers of the issue are stunning, particularly the black, white, grey and red cover.

Who doesn't love seeing Spider-Man and Deadpool together? The cover of AVENGING SPIDER-MAN #12 depicts Deadpool and Spidey, both a little bit bruised and battered after a fight outside of the Principals office of a school. The cover really captures the silliness of both characters -- particularly Deadpool. It's a really well drawn cover with a lot of detail that captures a really funny scene very eloquently. The rubber chicken is definitely a nice touch.

Chris Samnee's stunning cover for ROCKETEER CARGO OF DOOM #2 really manages to capture the era and the theme of this series. The image features the Rocketeer standing on top the gargoyle of a high rise building, ready for action. The line work and shadows used to create the image are perfect and really make the image stand out. It's a gorgeous cover.

We know this doesn't cover the number of beautiful covers to many of this week's new releases. If you have a favorite, be sure to post it in the thread below. Let us know which ones you love and which ones you don't.

#1 Posted by Trodorne (2592 posts) - - Show Bio

Id also like to nominate Dark Shadows Franco cover, He always does such awesome art but it fits really well when it is a dark genre like that.

#2 Posted by th3jok3r (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocketeer is freakin awesome! So glad this is one there. Although, Winter Solider was my favorite book of the week, so I cannot argue with that being the cover to start off the list.

#3 Posted by Decept-O (7279 posts) - - Show Bio

All of these are incredible. The Rocketeer by Chris Samnee is fantastic. The Winter Soldier cover, wow, has a nice Bronze Age feel to it, nicely done. American Vampire is great, I just can't get over how Dustin Nguyen uses watercolor, just impressive. "Simple" but not really, watercolor is not an easy medium!

#4 Posted by BoyWander (319 posts) - - Show Bio

How is deadpool holding that chicken? he seems to be lacking a thumb. did they miss color and not do his thumb?

#5 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

@BoyWander said:

How is deadpool holding that chicken? he seems to be lacking a thumb. did they miss color and not do his thumb?

i think he is stepping on the feet of the chickhen and he is using the finger to support the leaning neck, and the rubber of the chickhens neck is stretching thus giving his finger tip is a grip, since Deadpools costue must be rubber too, and pulling a little skin...the reason i how i know? well...just 2 min ago i have a rubber chickhen and i tried it myself lol even without a rubber fingertip it actually works..so this Cover makes sense and is funny! :D

#6 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

TBH, I'm more impressed by the Marvel Now covers than these ones this week.

#7 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, that American Vampire cover let's super SEXY. *whistles*

#8 Posted by clemj (817 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd let the vampire bite me if she wants!!!

#9 Edited by randalmeister (84 posts) - - Show Bio

I also think the covers of Uncanny X-Force and X-Men this week are beautifully done.

#10 Posted by mickeyangel (49 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avenging Spider Man cover is an homage to Norman Rockwell's painting "Shiner" or "Outside the Principal's Office." But the cover that really comes closer, even with the font that looks like 1953's The Saturday Evening Post original cover, and Anole's smirk, is New X Men (Academy) #42 by the fabu Scottie Young.

#11 Posted by That60sGuy (288 posts) - - Show Bio

That Winter Soldier cover is NUTS!

#12 Posted by BoyWander (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@zackattack529 said:

@BoyWander said:

i think he is stepping on the feet of the chickhen and he is using the finger to support the leaning neck, and the rubber of the chickhens neck is stretching thus giving his finger tip is a grip, since Deadpools costue must be rubber too, and pulling a little skin...the reason i how i know? well...just 2 min ago i have a rubber chickhen and i tried it myself lol even without a rubber fingertip it actually works..so this Cover makes sense and is funny! :D

*clap clap clap* well done.

#13 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

My favourite this week

#14 Edited by Billy Batson (58152 posts) - - Show Bio

Conan the Barbarian #8 and the Doctor Who Special 2012 for me.
BB

#15 Posted by mtrakos (563 posts) - - Show Bio

@That60sGuy: i cant wait to see how this story ends. What a great series.

#16 Posted by mtbmonkey (52 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping the Winter Soilder cover would appear here. It's also a great issue too.

#17 Posted by Cavemold (1684 posts) - - Show Bio

Good list no disagreement here

#18 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9182 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite cover from a comic I got this week was Ultimate Comics X-men #16

#19 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7386 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the Avenging Spiderman Cover

#20 Posted by spidergirl2012 (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the awesome covers Mrs. Lima. Spider-man is the best this week.

BB

#21 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

Winter Soldier cover its amazing !!!!!!!!!!!

#22 Posted by Cap10nate (2451 posts) - - Show Bio

The whole winter soldierbook is gorgeous. The layout is fantastic

#23 Posted by BatWatch (2812 posts) - - Show Bio

Can somebody explain to me why Spider-Man is "Avenging" now? I realize he has been a member of The Avengers, but beyond that, nobody ever says, The Avenging Spider-Man.

#24 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that Avenging Spider-Man/Deadpool team up a good story? Whats it about? is it worth getting?

#25 Posted by Darkmount1 (1279 posts) - - Show Bio

I just finally found out why it is that rubber chickens get used so much.

#26 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Gosh these are great. I'd have to say that the Rocketeer one rules for me though. Gosh I need the last Wednesday of the month to get here so I can get all my holds :/

#27 Posted by CounterShock (29 posts) - - Show Bio

When will they finally rename Avenging Spider-Man to Marvel Team Up?

#28 Posted by PoofyMonster (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow there are a lot of great covers.

#29 Posted by intothetempest (288 posts) - - Show Bio

That Winter Soldier cover is absolutely gorgeous. Just gorgeous, one of the best covers i've seen in a long while

#30 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

wheres Saucer Country#7 ???

#31 Posted by Shadowolfstar (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I cant wait to red avenging spiderman i just havent been able to get around to it just yet