Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Part of the reason why we love Wednesdays is because we love to see the covers for the week's new comic book releases.

First up is the stunning (and very sexy) cover for FAIREST #7. We may be a bit biased because we love Adam Hughes so darn much, but this cover is exactly why. Here we have Beauty doing some not so beautiful things; with a gun in one hand and blood dripping from her mouth, she definitely manages to capture sexy and creepy -- at the same time. It's a gorgeous piece.

== TEASER ==

Joe Quinones' cover for THE DEFENDERS #10 is just stunning. The pure essence of the characters is captured in their expressions on this cover, and that's one reason why it caught our attention. Most of the covers we see the characters are posing for a shot, but not here. This cover looks like Joe Quniones caught the team in the middle of a crazy action shot, and the uniqueness of it is what we really loved.

Plus, it's a really pretty picture.

DEADPOOL #60 is up next! Not only does Dave Johnson manage to depict exactly what's happening in this issue, but he does so in a really humorous way. We loved this cover not only for its perspective, but also because it made us laugh out loud.

Last but certainly not least is the cover to the fourth issue of MIND THE GAP by Rodin Esquejo. It's a beautiful still shot with a ton of detail that really stood out from the other covers this week because its so different. The matte colors are just subtle enough and Elle's "come hither" stare is simply irresistible. Stunning image.

We know these aren't nearly all of the gorgeous covers from this week. These are some of our favorites, what are yours? Let us know in the comments.

#1 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye #2 should be in here :p

#2 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

All very good <3

#3 Posted by EDfromRED (28 posts) - - Show Bio

That Defenders cover compells me to check it out.

#4 Edited by SpitfireINK (242 posts) - - Show Bio

What gets me is how many covers emulate Aphonse Mucha but there is never any credit given.

Could at least add a side note: Inspired by: ... In Retrospect of the works of ... (something).

Just in Case anyone is wondering which cover I'm referring to (for all the Non-Art Majors out there) This is in reference to the Mind the Gap cover.

By the way Quesada's artwork is very reminiscent of his works - research Alphonse Mucha - you'll be glad you did.

... And GREAT choice of Covers this week. Wasn't as smitten with the Mind the Gap cover - but I did find myself wanting to purchase both Fairest and the Defenders just based on their covers.

Additionally DeadPool is always on my Pull list - another nice cover by Johnson.

#5 Posted by Cavemold (1669 posts) - - Show Bio

3/4 don't care for the defenders . X-factor was better

#6 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow..wow...wow...regarding ALL these covers. I am impressed, but I really really love the Adam Hughes cover.

Joe Quinones' action cover is fantastic, and to me....he has slight hints of Mike Allred to a small degree but that is NOT a bad thing.

#7 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Frikkin' love Deadpool's cover. Defenders is okay, but I hate how Red she-Hulk looks like a scared teenager.

#8 Posted by Monika (45 posts) - - Show Bio

Mind the Gap cover makes me think of those Adam Hughes (I think it was him) covers for Alan Moore's Voodoo...I think I prefer this cover's art style to the others, isn't it all the same artist though?

#9 Posted by Inverno (13043 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't get Deadpool's...

#10 Posted by k4tzm4n (36126 posts) - - Show Bio

My picks: 

Staff
#11 Posted by Aiden Cross (15559 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Fairest and Gap cover.

#12 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Monika: Was Hughes honey.

#13 Posted by Monika (45 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

@Monika: Was Hughes honey.

^_^ I liked those covers, probably the best part of the comic

#14 Posted by 7DEADPOOL7 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

TOTEZ killable!

#15 Posted by longbowhunter (6625 posts) - - Show Bio

Lots of great covers this week. That Defenders cover is too much fun. Anybody know if there's a book with Joe Quinones interiors?

#16 Posted by thecount123 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Find the Mind the Gap cover kinda intriguing. Never read before, can anyone recommend?

#17 Posted by sturmritter (56 posts) - - Show Bio

The Adam Hughes Beauty and Mind The Gap covers are fantastic.

#18 Posted by Tyrannotaur (288 posts) - - Show Bio

I love that Defenders cover! I'm kinda sad to see this book go as It just started to get really good lately.

#19 Posted by PolarisJunkie (99 posts) - - Show Bio
X-Factor #243
#20 Posted by Zereta (77 posts) - - Show Bio

There won't be a single DC cover here this entire month, will there haha

#21 Posted by SoA (4678 posts) - - Show Bio

@EDfromRED: you're really not missing out on much

#22 Posted by ravisher (665 posts) - - Show Bio

ummm...

#23 Posted by Utandi (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! The "Fairest" cover looks amazing!

The 0# covers from DC are looking some kind of stale. Kinda disappointed. :(

#24 Posted by ThePRez (275 posts) - - Show Bio

hawkeye #2 come on ... the colors, the style

#25 Posted by randalmeister (84 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThePRez: Agreed. These covers are gorgeous but nothing on the shelf looks like Hawkeye #2.

#26 Posted by thespideyguy (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

#27 Posted by ReadItNow (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Fairest has been pretty steady with pick of the week covers" sexy and new

#28 Edited by The Stegman (22765 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, I am trying very hard to wait until the trade of Fairest comes out..but it looks so good...I don't think I can make it. 

Also, I like to add Angel & Faith #13 to the list. 

#29 Posted by TDK_1997 (14438 posts) - - Show Bio

The X-Factor and Hawkeye ones were really good,too.

#30 Posted by feargalr (1152 posts) - - Show Bio

These are all great covers, by Hawkeye was my favourite of the week

#31 Posted by ME24601 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zereta: Well, there's still National Comics and the Phantom Lady coming out, neither of which are going to be having zero issues. Plus all the Vertigo comics.

#32 Posted by ClintsEvilTwin (76 posts) - - Show Bio

@PolarisJunkie said:

X-Factor #243

This cover is beautiful

#33 Posted by thespideyguy (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of the dc covers got screwed up with the lettering, same with the gl annual.

#34 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I just can't decide between all these covers. They are all awesome!

#35 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8844 posts) - - Show Bio

my favorite this weeks was Hawkeye #2

#36 Posted by ClintsEvilTwin (76 posts) - - Show Bio

Skottie Young's Venom 24 variant should be up here

#37 Posted by JamDamage (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

@PolarisJunkie: this one is better then all the others

#38 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5870 posts) - - Show Bio

Where's HAWKEYE?

#39 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5870 posts) - - Show Bio
  Why ISN'T THIS INCLUDED??  
#40 Posted by fables87 (918 posts) - - Show Bio

Great covers on these. Fairest is on the top of my list.

#41 Posted by nicholai441 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought the cover for damsels issue 1 was quite nice. i liked the mind the gap issue 4 cover but the 3rd issue cover was a bit better..

#42 Posted by Mezmero (896 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not really digging how the Surfer looks on that Defenders cover. Makes him looks a bit tame and uninteresting though I suppose that is how Norrin is portrayed these days.

#43 Posted by Whiskeyjack (39 posts) - - Show Bio

We need more Mucha-inspired covers

#44 Posted by SolthesunGod (278 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm inclined to agree the X-Factor cover is definately in the top 2 best covers this week. Fairest is also beautiful it reminds me of something that Jo Chen would do.

#45 Posted by Teerack (5220 posts) - - Show Bio

This defenders time travel plot is getting so cool. They just keep getting more and more cool bros to join their time traveling crew.

#46 Posted by DougCL (38 posts) - - Show Bio

stunning.

#47 Posted by yo_yo_fun (639 posts) - - Show Bio

Fairest and Mind the Gap are the most beautiful covers.