Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Each week we sift through our buy pile and look up the variant covers to many of the week's new releases to choose some of our favorite comic covers for the week. This week we had a lot of new releases and plenty of pretty covers to choose from. Below are some of our favorites.

First up is the cover to TEN GRAND #1, the latest comic by writer J. Michael Straczynski's published by Image Comics. The first issue features one incredibly eerie cover by artist Ben Templesmith, who is also responsible for the interiors to this new series.

We absolutely loved the abstract and very creative cover to this month's SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #9 which features the ultimate battle between Doc Oc and Peter Parker in Spidey's physical brain. It's pretty obvious why the image topped our list for this week.

We are big fans of Dave Johnson's work here on Comic Vine, so it's no wonder why we thoroughly enjoyed discover to ULTIMATE COMICS X-MEN #26. The simplicity of it struck and appealed to us in a way that left us rather impressed overall.

Mike Del Mundo has been delivering some pretty stellar covers for the current X-MEN LEGACY series, and this month's cover might just top our list as one of our absolute favorites thus far. The artist takes his inspiration from medical advertising to show us just what is wrong with the society the X-Men live in (and maybe what is a little bit wrong with our society, too?). The result is a cover that is not only aesthetically pretty, but it is clever too.

Artist Francesco Francavilla's cover to HAWKEYE #10 is visually stunning, focusing in on Hawkeye's eye making the center of it the bullseye. It's well done and simple but very, very visually appealing.

The cover to EPIC KILL #10 likely started out as somewhat of a very simple image, but it quickly shifted into being something more after the image was taken apart in an abstract way by cover artist Raffael Ienco. The result is something appealing to the eye, which constantly struggles to put the pieces of the puzzle in their proper place. It's very well done.

Prince Charming is simply charming gracing the cover to FAIREST #15. As usual, artist Adam Hughes delivers a great image that truly captures the obnoxious attitude of the character in a way few others can replicate.

The cover to POLARITY #2 illustrated by Frazer Irving and published by BOOM! Studios is just so incredibly bizarre and twisted that we had a hard time overlooking it. The image is pretty creepy and very symbolic of the kind of stuff you'll find within the pages of this series' second issue.

Last, but certainly not least, Francavilla makes our list twice this week: this time with his beautiful cover for RED SHE-HULK #65. The cover features our heroine climbing a mountain with some of Marvel's baddest baddies carved into the terrain behind her. The image is detailed yet simple, executed really well by Francavilla who captures both Jen Walters' strength and femininity.

These are some of our favorite covers for this week, what are some of yours? If you think there is a cover we neglected to mention that you absolutely loved, be sure to post it in the comments!

#1 Posted by bob808 (6766 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7784 posts) - - Show Bio

#3 Posted by yo_yo_fun (643 posts) - - Show Bio

All of these covers are great, my favorite will have to be X-Men Legacy. Very symbolic.

#4 Posted by sho3s22 (121 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Edited by FlashDamn (947 posts) - - Show Bio

Batwing man

#6 Posted by Overlander (476 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by k4tzm4n (39496 posts) - - Show Bio
Sad panda Superman.

Staff
#8 Posted by kid Apollo (712 posts) - - Show Bio

Xmen Legacy has some of the best covers imo, and that one is pretty cool. i like the background of Red she-hulk, its kinda chilling.

#9 Posted by HempKnight757 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashdamn: I know this is about art, but after the part where Batman says he is born to wear the mask I couldn't stop laughing. What I could do is stop reading the comic. Batwing is dead to me .

#10 Edited by FlashDamn (947 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Dud317 (287 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one that thinks the Superior Spiderman cover is more like a Peter Gabriel/80s music video rather than a comic book cover?

#12 Posted by longbowhunter (7038 posts) - - Show Bio

Two Francavilla covers, wooo!

The Marcos Martin Spider-Man is pretty great too.

#13 Posted by damswedon (499 posts) - - Show Bio
2000AD Prog1830

Yup, that is a team of Biological super soldiers made out of guns fighting an evil box of popcorn. The only shame is the first twist of the story is spoiled by the artist credits, thankfully the second twist is just as fun.

#14 Posted by thenexusrebound (243 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Artifacts needs some love.

#15 Edited by damswedon (499 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Hawkguy (571 posts) - - Show Bio

Beautiful.

As a side note, I don't think that's Clint's eye.

#17 Posted by Mandrewgora (295 posts) - - Show Bio

Heck yeah Ten Grand!

#18 Posted by thenexusrebound (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@damswedon: It was a pretty amazing first volume. You can tell they are setting up for some amazing story telling.

#19 Posted by dementedtheclown (747 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by dementedtheclown (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Batwing manB

Batman beyond much?

#21 Edited by GrandHarrier (121 posts) - - Show Bio

I realize this is all opinions, but some of the reasons seem kind of questionable. How is an eye against an orange background "Visually stunning?"

Honestly, week in and week out, this feels more like "These are my favorite books and I want to them to be noticed so I'll ham-fist a way to say their covers are awesome always." And definitely a huge bias towards indie (if its a high profile indie debut, hell or high water, it'll be on here) , then Marvel, with DC tossed the occasional grudging acknowledgement.

This is just my opinion, of course, but I'd like better explanations as to why the covers were chosen, to enjoy this sort of content.

#22 Posted by kilomac29 (323 posts) - - Show Bio

Francavilla's Hawkeye cover was so amazing. Every Hawkeye cover has been so great, almost as good as the stories themselves.

#23 Posted by nappystr8 (1084 posts) - - Show Bio

Usually I think some of the covers that appear in these articles are a bit of a stretch. But everyone of these is beautiful and noteworthy. A lot of them flew completely under my radar too. Super good week for covers I guess.

#24 Edited by Andromeda (658 posts) - - Show Bio

The Polarity covers continue to blow my mind.

#25 Edited by MrArrogant (149 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that's the clown's eye not Hawkeye's on the cover.

#26 Posted by TimeLordScience (877 posts) - - Show Bio

I realize this is all opinions, but some of the reasons seem kind of questionable. How is an eye against an orange background "Visually stunning?"

Honestly, week in and week out, this feels more like "These are my favorite books and I want to them to be noticed so I'll ham-fist a way to say their covers are awesome always." And definitely a huge bias towards indie (if its a high profile indie debut, hell or high water, it'll be on here) , then Marvel, with DC tossed the occasional grudging acknowledgement.

This is just my opinion, of course, but I'd like better explanations as to why the covers were chosen, to enjoy this sort of content.

More than half the covers were from Marvel...

#27 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7784 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6097 posts) - - Show Bio

The Red She Hulk cover was cool

#29 Edited by gunmetalgrey (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this would be a shoo-in. Classic Jae Lee.

#30 Posted by LordRequiem (1310 posts) - - Show Bio

Red She Hulk has her own title....................... hahahahahahahahahahaha

#31 Posted by Jake Fury (18329 posts) - - Show Bio

Red She Hulk has her own title....................... hahahahahahahahahahaha

Jeff Parker is awesome.

I really like the cover for Artifcats.

#32 Edited by i_like_swords (13906 posts) - - Show Bio

I found this cover pretty funny once I looked at it properly. Deadpool<3

#33 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6586 posts) - - Show Bio

@hawkguy said:

Beautiful.

As a side note, I don't think that's Clint's eye.

This looks amazing. And yeah, I don't think Sara read Hawkguy.

#34 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (6586 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this would be a shoo-in. Classic Jae Lee.

yeah. I was expecting this cover here. It was my favorite. Just Beautiful. and the issue was also amaing

#35 Posted by ALittleTooRaph (88 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Artifacts needs some love.

This was my favorite cover of the week too!!

#36 Edited by thecapedcrusader (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Superior spiderman is my personal favorite.

#37 Edited by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Red She-Hulk #65 FTW for me.

#38 Posted by DonFelipe (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

The Polarity cover is the best!

On second thought @damswedon said:

2000AD Prog1830

Dafuq is this?!?

#39 Posted by Nowak (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Red She-Hulk is Betty Ross, not Jen Walters.

#40 Edited by laabitres (372 posts) - - Show Bio

the x-men legacy, ultimate x-men n batwing are my faves outta this