Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

Each week we sift through our pull list and choose some of our favorite comic book covers to all of the week's new releases. This week it was pretty tough, but we managed to choose a few really good ones. Check them out below and let us know what you think. Don't forget to let us know what your favorites are by posting them below.

First up on our list is the fantastic cover to SAGA #12 by the series' artist Fiona Staples. The cover is absolutely stunning in terms of detail and colors.

Next up is the variant cover for AVENGERS #9 by artist Joe Quinones that is like a throw-back to silver and golden age comics. It's a beautiful image that is pretty enough to be a poster.

Artist Phil Noto's cover to BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER : SEASON NINE #20 is just fantastic, it really captures the abstract and is complimented by absolutely lovely colors.

Matthew Dow Smith delivers a stunning cover for the reprint of two Doctor Who stories in DOCTOR WHO CLASSICS #2. We loved the angles and the blocky style of the image, it really stood out to us as unique and unlike something we see very often.

The cover time THE ROCKETEER: HOLLYWOOD HORROR #3 by Walter Simonson is really lovely; the image has a fantastic pulpy feel.

And last but certainly not least is David Aja's cover to HAWKEYE #9 featuring Kate Bishop, Clint's sometimes sidekick and the girl that keeps him out of trouble.

These are some of our favorite covers, what are some of yours? If there is a cover you liked that didn't make our list make sure to post it below!

#1 Posted by JairamGanpat (952 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye was the only cover I really liked this week.

#2 Posted by G-Man (30686 posts) - - Show Bio

What about STAR WARS?!?!

Staff
#3 Posted by iaconpoint (1289 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't touch anything that says "Avengers" with a 33 and half foot pole, but that cover is awesome!

#4 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

Fiona Staples is just...no words really cover how amazing she is.

#5 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers cover= The Winner!!

I'm a sucker when it comes to old-school arts. We need more of that!

#6 Edited by ArtisticNeedham (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye was so great they made a T-Shirt out of it:

http://www.welovefine.com/4557-i-heart-hawkeye.html

#7 Posted by DonFelipe (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

The Peter Cannon variant is pretty cool...

#8 Edited by bladewolf (614 posts) - - Show Bio

Demon Knights should be on here...

#9 Posted by batarang614 (127 posts) - - Show Bio

i feel like you guys could do more with the blurbs or leave them out all together...most of the comments under the covers are generic and sort of obvious. We know you like it you it, you put it on the page.

#10 Posted by New_World_Order (12610 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncanny Avengers #6

#11 Posted by michaelthemighty17 (237 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Catsnlynne (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

Except for Hawkeye none of the comic books I read ever seem to make the best comic book covers list.

#13 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye's the only cover I liked in this weeks article.

#14 Posted by SwampPing (124 posts) - - Show Bio

SAGA!

#15 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Love that Doctor Who cover with Seventh Doctor there. Win, so much win.

#16 Posted by AWeekInGeekdom (228 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it isn't on people's radar but I thought the cover for Fantastic Four #6 was one of the best for it's simplicity.

#17 Posted by TitanTempest (347 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_man said:

What about STAR WARS?!?!

Bahaha! Thats funny seeing G_Man ask about an article. Love it, you tell her Tony

P.S. Im joking Sarah, but its still funny!

#18 Posted by DadaHyena (61 posts) - - Show Bio

Great composition on the Rocketeer cover!