Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

This week's covers were really, really incredibly good looking and it wasn't easy narrowing them down to a mere few. Enough with the talk about good looking stuff though, let's jump right into this! Here are some of this week's best looking comic book covers.

THE CBLDF LIBERTY ANNUAL #6

This was, by far, one of the prettiest covers this week; and while both the primary and the variant covers were absolutely breathtaking, we decided to highlight the Terry Dodson variant cover for this issue. It's a beautiful cover that features a young woman on a scooter as the center of the image. She's illustrated in warm tones while the detailed background around her is washed in cooler colors. It's a fantastic image and it was not easy choosing between it and the Gabriel Ba cover for this issue.

== TEASER ==

GHOSTS #1

Sometimes a cover is gruesome but still really, really beautiful and the cover to this month's GHOSTS anthology from Vertigo by Dave Johnson is a great example. What makes the stunning image really stand out is the perspective of the picture. The fact that you look at the picture from the bottom of a stair case is part of what makes it so unique.

HIT-GIRL #4

Geof Darrow delivers a very detailed variant cover to HIT-GIRL this month and the effort in the detail and intricacies of this image is more than enough reason to talk about it.

JOE KUBERT PRESENTS #1

The very first issue of JOE KUBERT PRESENTS is just gorgeous. It's simple and clean linework is classic Kubert and is the perfect cover for the first issue of this series. The simple picture is definitely pretty enough that you will want to hang it up on your wall, and we wouldn't blame you.

SWAMP THING ANNUAL

Yanick Paquette's cover to the SWAMP THING ANNUAL is beautiful. It's got a really awesome, creepy border and still features the book's central character front and center of the image. It's a great looking, detailed cover that really captures the mood and tone of the character.

JULIO'S DAY

Last but certainly not least is the cover to JULIO'S DAY by comic creator Gilbert Hernandez. The cover is simple, and that's a big reason why it was chosen. It captures a very specific feeling and a fleeting moment, and we thought it was a poignant choice.

As usual, if you feel we've left some out feel free to chime in! Let us know what your favorite covers were this week and feel free to post them in the forum thread below!

#1 Edited by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

Aahhhh! I want that joe kubert. May he rest in peace.
#2 Posted by The_Soverighn (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#3 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio
I agree about yanick. I have been a fan of his since his run on WW
#4 Posted by summerslam1988 (29 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still trying to get hold of Hit-Girl #4 and Joe Kubert Presents #1. They were both sold out at my LCS by the time I got off work.

#5 Edited by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

Just wow regarding the Joe Kubert comic. So beautiful on all levels. Indeed a talent that will be missed by many!

Dang, the Swamp Thing covers continue to amaze me.

#6 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio
Joe Kubert's Sgt Rock: killed on the last day of the war by the last bullet fired.
#7 Posted by Cavemold (1669 posts) - - Show Bio

good covers would put aquaman up thier

#8 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

SWAMP THING! SWAMP THING! SWAMP THING!

#9 Posted by nickthedevil (11396 posts) - - Show Bio

Francis Manupal, anyone?

#10 Posted by Stormbox (2001 posts) - - Show Bio

This one was my favorite because it looks epic like a movie poster:

#11 Posted by nickthedevil (11396 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait a sec... Flash came out last week X_X

#12 Posted by strangeling (180 posts) - - Show Bio

That's Geof Darrow for you.

#13 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stormbox said:

This one was my favorite because it looks epic like a movie poster:

I agree with you i like the aquaman cover

#14 Posted by braynehurricane (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Extremely surprised Aquaman #13 wasn't up this week. My favorite by far.

#15 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8838 posts) - - Show Bio

There were some awesome covers this week

#16 Posted by SmashBrawler (5410 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman #13 was my favorite this week.

Concerning Ghosts, I have to say that I kinda like the variant more. I mean, Johnson's cover is far superior (of course), but goddammit was "Bride" creepy!

#17 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (5852 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the first 3 covers

#18 Posted by badak_jantan (12 posts) - - Show Bio

joe kubert!!

#19 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't a big fan of the Hit-Girl cover, it seemed a little over-crowded.

#20 Posted by DonFelipe (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmashBrawler said:

Concerning Ghosts, I have to say that I kinda like the variant more. I mean, Johnson's cover is far superior (of course), but goddammit was "Bride" creepy!

This....

...mind-blowing!
#21 Posted by khthibault (1 posts) - - Show Bio

When I first saw the CBLDF cover, I thought it was a FLCL comic.

#22 Posted by longbowhunter (6608 posts) - - Show Bio

That Geoff Darrow cover is craziness.

#23 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14586 posts) - - Show Bio

here are my top 3:

#24 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3453 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? Swamp Thing? I thought it was a pretty lame cover considering how big the story was supposed to be.

#25 Posted by mosnterduc1000 (38 posts) - - Show Bio

That Geoff Darrow cover is AMAZING!!!

#26 Posted by Queso6p4 (1429 posts) - - Show Bio

Very nice choices this week.

#27 Posted by SmashBrawler (5410 posts) - - Show Bio

@DonFelipe said:

@SmashBrawler said:

This....

Yeah, like I said, nothing special, it's the story itself that makes it creepy.

#28 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

The Kubert Presents cover and Julio's Day FTW for me!