Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

You might notice right off the bat that the covers we've gathered for this week are very, very different. Each one has an incredibly unique style and no one is like another.

First up is this week's cover to RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS. Any Star Wars fan will immediately be able to identify with the cover to RED HOOD's 12th issue. That might be because it seems to be artist Kenneth Rocafort's way of paying homage to the film franchise, but you can be the judge of that for yourself. If you read the issue, then you might also agree that it's the perfect cover to showcase the space adventure taking place inside this book. What did you think of it? How do you think it compares to Star Wars movie posters in general?

== TEASER ==

The cover for AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #691 is next on our list. As good as the Adam Kubert's variant cover for was for this issue, I have to say I really liked the perspective on the cover by Giuseppe Camuncoli and Mario Del Pennino. I love the close up on the Lizard's eye and the fact that you can see Spidey's reflection in it -- ready for action. The colors on the image are pretty amazing as well.

BATWOMAN #12 features a stunning, intricate cover by J.H. Williams III. I love the abstractness of it and the way he incorporates Wonder Woman's silhouette into the image. It's the kind of cover I definitely wouldn't mind hanging in my room because it is just that gorgeous.

Finally is the cover to THE DARK TOWER - THE GUNSLINGER: THE MAN IN BLACK #3 of 5. There's so much about this image that I love. I'm a huge fan of Alex Maleev, so seeing him here is a real treat. It's a beautiful painted image which, on the surface seems completely innocent. But when you take a closer look at the picture you see the reflection of a menacing grin in the water, and the blood on the protagonists hand. I love the perspective of the picture -- it's really stunning and very creative.

#1 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Batwoman and Dark Tower are the best in the list (Amazing Spider-man would be a given for me, but I the the colors. The yellow pupil isn't done good).

Honestly, my favorite this week is from Hulk 56, the 2nd to last issue before the title switches over to Red She-Hulk.

#2 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

dat Wonder woman and batwoman team up

#3 Posted by stormtrance1618 (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hood! Nothing else need be said!

#4 Posted by EDfromRED (28 posts) - - Show Bio

Dark Tower! One of the best book series' of all time! Just transports you to another world entirely.

#5 Posted by B'Town (2336 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the Batwoman & Wonder Woman cover!

#6 Posted by Aph8825 (59 posts) - - Show Bio

Batwoman cover is sick!

#7 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6869 posts) - - Show Bio

All these covers are great! Batwoman  has always awesome creative covers. Rorschcach cover should be here

#8 Posted by Utandi (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Batwoman, again, is killer!

Awesome!

#9 Posted by TheRedRobin96 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been reading comics for a few years and have seen TONS of covers and Red Hood 12 is my favorite cover of all time!

#10 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

RHatO has the best cover. Probably of the year.

#11 Posted by vicske77 (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Big fan of Red Hood and The Outlaws. Like pretty much everything about the book...

#12 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Agree with all the picks.

#13 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

I really liked the Batwoman and Red hood cover

#14 Posted by Decept-O (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

These covers are outstanding. The Batwoman cover is frikkin' intense with detail and action. Wow. The "simple" covers of both Spidey and Gunslinger are beautifully done. The Red Hood and The Outlaws cover is also beautiful, very Sci-Fi, love the color composition.

#15 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

#16 Posted by butters911 (262 posts) - - Show Bio

Really like the Spidey one

#17 Posted by kartron (420 posts) - - Show Bio

I just love the Spidey-Lizard and Batwoman covers!

#18 Posted by kartron (420 posts) - - Show Bio
@MadeinBangladesh .... Agreed
@Necrotic_Lycanthrope the hulk cover is cool too
#19 Posted by Cavemold (1682 posts) - - Show Bio

Much better than last week, I would trade Red hood with Saga or BW .

#20 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

That Dark Tower cover is pretty neat! Other are as well, especially Red Hood and the Outlaws no doubt paying homage to Star Wars.

#21 Posted by cc1738 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hood and the Outlaws is very star warsy.

#22 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

i really did like the Red Hood and the Outlaws cover, i would not mind to have that as a poster actually, its a parody/homage to stars wars no?

#23 Posted by RedOwl_1 (1664 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome choices this time I fully agree on all :D

#24 Posted by sora_thekey (8175 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah! Totally missed the Red Hood and the Outlaws Star Wars homage... I don't pay a lot of attention to that title. I really like it!

#25 Posted by Cavemold (1682 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't believe sage missed the cut .

#26 Posted by Alch21 (210 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@Twentyfive said:

#27 Posted by wessaari (622 posts) - - Show Bio

if RHTO didnt make this list i would have been very dissapointed, and its the first damn one lol

GO RHTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocafort for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#28 Posted by bennyq (407 posts) - - Show Bio

Love RHATO. Roy's armor looks stupid though. Especially the parts around his face. Needlessly hi tech. The funny thing is about the slogan on the cover - I think Roy is the red knight and Jason is the scoundrel.

#29 Posted by hairiel (11 posts) - - Show Bio

suprised that rorschach was not chosen

#30 Posted by Om1kron (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

@B'Town said:

Love the Batwoman & Wonder Woman cover!

jh williams III has a progress picture of it up on his website/blog

#31 Posted by Mahzian (117 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Zeeguy91 (1109 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

@Twentyfive said:

This. It may because I'm a huge Star Wars fan, but it is also very 80's looking, which appeals to me because the 80's was the best age of comics IMO.

#34 Edited by Wolverine0628 (398 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

red hood and the outlaws

oh my god

#36 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7818 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, really like the Red Hood one and Batwoman.

#37 Posted by CitizenJP (597 posts) - - Show Bio

That Red Hood cover is very retro! ^_^

#38 Posted by EthanFantastic (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't say Red Hood compares to Star Wars, but the cover homage was absolutely enthralling. I've also yet to see a Batwoman cover I don't like.

#39 Posted by nappystr8 (1105 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hood and the Outlaws is definitely the cover of the week. Such a beautiful looking homage to Star Wars. In fact, it was the knowledge that this cover was upcoming that stopped me from dropping this series after the last arc ended. Now that Rocafort is off of the interiors though, I probably will drop the series after the zero issue and 13.

#40 Posted by BATinc (22 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadeinBangladesh said:

All these covers are great! Batwoman has always awesome creative covers. Rorschcach cover should be here

I agree

#41 Posted by Thezz (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Great!

#42 Posted by DonFelipe (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, they're all great including Red Hulk and Rorschach. I like the Red Hood in good old Star Wars style however the best one is Batwoman as usual though Spiderman's is a very close second. On second thought there doesn't seem to be a clear winner this week. Ah I just love comic covers!

#43 Posted by urstenky (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Starfire got clothes!! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

#44 Posted by ElGUitarist (29 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hood and the outlaws always has pretty good art. Awesome.

#45 Posted by Zenistar (26 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey cover wins this week by a long shot :)

#46 Posted by yo_yo_fun (643 posts) - - Show Bio

These are all great covers!

#47 Posted by darren_wayne (2 posts) - - Show Bio