Posted by inferiorego (20571 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome back to another Best Comic Book Covers of the Week! Each week, the staff of Comic Vine picks out some of their favorite covers from the tons of issues released and presents them to you guys in a nice little package with a pretty bow on top made of rainbows and confidence. Let's get right to business!

First up is the sequel to 2 GUNS, which is now a movie currently in theaters, Rafael Albuquerque put together this super-sweet cover for 3 GUNS #1. Nothing like sitting on a pile of guns to motivate you to read a comic. Seriously cool stuff.

It's super awesome to see some art from the awesomeness that is Jock. He put together the cover here for BATMAN ANNUAL #2. This is a very eerie and dark cover, and I love the tone of it.

Bringing some classic fun to the list this week is a variant cover to GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #5. This fun, throwback cover was put together by Paolo Manuel Rivera. It reminds me a lot of an old sci-fi comic cover, and nothing says awesome like approval from the Cosmic Code Authority.

No longer will people be saying "Put your John Hancock here" when they need your signature. They'll be saying "smash your Hulk on this line." Ok, that sounds dirty. However, this fun cover for INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK #11 really caught out eye. This cover was drawn by Mike Del Mundo.

Hey bronies and Beatles fans! Here's a treat. We loved this San Diego Comic Con exclusive cover for MY LITTLE PONY FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC #9 mainly because it reminds of all the fun and blurry times of the con and the Gaslamp District. It looks like the art was done by Andy Price.

We can't have a month go by without talking about how awesome the covers are for X-MEN LEGACY. Once again, Mike Del Mundo makes our list again with the cover here for X-MEN LEGACY #14. We love his covers to this book. Every single one is incredibly interesting.

Well, that's it for this week's Best Comic Book Covers! What covers did you love this week? Let us know in the comment section!

Mat "Inferiorego" Elfring is a writer, comedian, loves sitting on piles of guns while signing important documents. Check out his podcast! Check out his weekly video show! Check out his Twitter! (He needs your validation)

Staff
#2 Edited by Wolverine08 (26208 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Annual #2's cover was just so gritty and badass. Jock delivered big time.

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27240 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is pretty great

#6 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (895 posts) - - Show Bio

i always love x-men legacy's cover... such awesomeness!!!!

#7 Posted by G-Man (29377 posts) - - Show Bio

Jen and I talked about the UNCANNY X-FORCE cover.

It is indeed awesome. But Mat likes to keep it to five or six covers. Otherwise we'd have so many included. Do you guys think we should have a set limit?

Staff Online
#8 Posted by MaccyD (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Spambots now reply to users?

#9 Edited by cyberchop979 (449 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_man: Maybe set the LIMIT at 8-10, and others can be added in the comment section by users?

#10 Posted by G-Man (29377 posts) - - Show Bio

@cyberchop979: And that's the thing, we always encourage everyone to add in their favorites in the comments. But often we're practically burned at the stake if we failed to include certain covers.

Staff Online
#11 Posted by Rafa Lee (38 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (5585 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the Batman Annual cover!

#13 Edited by MeloDet (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Great choices, but Collider is missing.

#14 Posted by Nahuel (274 posts) - - Show Bio

where's the cover of the Flash annual 2?

Anyway, loved every one of the picks

#15 Edited by longbowhunter (5829 posts) - - Show Bio

@melodet: Good pick.

These Jock Batman covers are making me wanna dig up my Black Mirror issues and give 'em a reread. I like the GOTG cover too. Reminds me of Fear Agent.

#17 Posted by ComicKing7 (123 posts) - - Show Bio

that looks like more than 3 guns

#18 Posted by CaptainHoopla (596 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_man said:

It is indeed awesome. But Mat likes to keep it to five or six covers. Otherwise we'd have so many included. Do you guys think we should have a set limit?

Just keep doing what you guys are doing. Make a limit of 5, people will argue over the fifth, make a limit of ten, people will argue over the tenth.

For me this week, I loved the Uncanny X-Force cover, but this Captain Marvel variant was my favorite.

#19 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3771 posts) - - Show Bio

That Uncanny X.Force cover is my favorite.

#20 Posted by Wolverine08 (26208 posts) - - Show Bio

#

TMNT #24's cover was awesome.

#21 Posted by NightCrawler358 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I'm in love with that Guardians of the Galaxy cover

#22 Posted by iaconpoint (867 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by mdamasco (49 posts) - - Show Bio

Dat Guardians cover!

#25 Edited by nappystr8 (927 posts) - - Show Bio

It seemed like ever comic cover I saw this week was just covered in black. It's good to see there actually was a little bit of color on stands after all. I really like that Guardians of the Galaxy variant; what a terrific throwback.

#26 Posted by pikahyper (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

#27 Posted by M3th (1770 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men Legacy wins again and I bet you G-Man still hasn't caught up with the series.

#28 Edited by fables87 (837 posts) - - Show Bio

X-Men Legacy stand out. Looks almost 3D.

#29 Posted by DonFelipe (1077 posts) - - Show Bio

Why exactly is the 3 Guns cover mentioned here? I'm curious...

Limit --- Why not making this a public poll?

Publish a list of 10 comic covers on Thu/Fri and let everyone vote until Mon afternoon with the results ready by Tue morning, and then there's first, second, third place. I think this would be a poll most Viners would be interested and participate in.

#30 Posted by Lykida (155 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this one. Fearless Defenders usually has nice covers!

#31 Posted by JairamGanpat (949 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (4962 posts) - - Show Bio

@melodet said:

Great choices, but Collider is missing.

YEP!

#33 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1747 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_man said:

Just keep doing what you guys are doing. Make a limit of 5, people will argue over the fifth, make a limit of ten, people will argue over the tenth.

For me this week, I loved the Uncanny X-Force cover, but this Captain Marvel variant was my favorite.

oooh!

#34 Edited by thecapedcrusader (5 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hulk cover is the best one.

#35 Edited by Saren (24283 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish CV would give Legacy some love and attention for more than just the (admittedly fantastic) Del Mundo covers. It really is one of the best books on the market right now.

Moderator Online
#36 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Indestructible Hulk #11 variant for me!

#37 Posted by RideASpaceCowboy (479 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see an entire series in the style of that Guardians of the Galaxy cover.

#38 Posted by McG (38 posts) - - Show Bio

Only one really stood out to me was My Little Pony... Beatles cover yeah?