• 43 results
Posted by inferiorego (28266 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome back to best comic book covers of the week! Each week, we fine folks here at Comic Vine discuss the coolest comic book covers of the week and put them into a delightful little package for you fine folks here. This week, there were some really cool covers that caught our eye, so let's take a look at what we thought was the coolest covers for the week of February 28th, 2014.

FANTASTIC FOUR #1 by Alex Ross

Up first on our list is FANTASTIC FOUR #1 by Alex Ross. There is no way to deny the fact that Ross is one brilliant artist. All of his work at Marvel is breathtaking, and while it's a bummer he doesn't do interiors that much anymore, at least we get to see a cover for a Marvel book again.

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #31 by Ross Campbell

Next, we have TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #31 by Ross Campbell. Man, TMNT covers have been depressing recently, ever since City Fall ended. While it's sad to watch Leonardo try to get back to normalcy, Campbell's art is beautiful and his color choices here are relaxing and incredibly pleasing.

CATACLYSM THE ULTIMATES LAST STAND #5 by Mark Bagley with John Dell & Jesus Aburtov

Here is the cover for CATACLYSM THE ULTIMATES LAST STAND #5 by Mark Bagley with John Dell & Jesus Aburtov. While the interior story may have been a bit of a letdown, this cover is the perfect representation for the events within the book. The balance of the negative space and the floating rocks is fantastic. Great composition here.

WOLVERINE #2 by Adi Granov

Next on our list is WOLVERINE #2 by Adi Granov. We can all be in agreement that Granov's art is utterly beautiful, right? The composition, the costume design, the color... Everything about this piece is utterly fantastic. We especially love the little sneer on Wolverine's face.

ALL STAR WESTERN #28 by Darwyne Cooke

Finally, we have the cover for ALL STAR WESTERN #28 by Darwyne Cooke. The staff here at Comic Vine is a real sucker for Cooke's artwork. It's out of another time and reminds us where comics came from. Cooke mixes classic and contemporary techniques to make a really beautiful piece here.

That's it for another weekly adventure with the best comic book covers of the week, we'll see you guys next week with a whole new batch of covers. Do you have a cover you simply love that we missed? Let us know in the comment section below!

Mat "Inferiorego" Elfring is a writer, twitterer, podcaster, and enjoys hugs from pugs.

#1 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22963 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine and Fantastic Four rock

#2 Edited by Wolverine08 (45538 posts) - - Show Bio

The Wolverine cover is absolutely incredible. Adi Granov crafted an excellent piece there. Too bad the actual comic wasn't anywhere near as good as the cover..........

#3 Posted by Hybryda (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice ones, but for me Wolverine and thex-men 42 was a winner for this week.

it fits story and for me is just funny, especially with Quentin thinking of graduating as smth bad XD

#5 Posted by TimeLordScience (1416 posts) - - Show Bio

Darwyne Cooke <3

#6 Edited by judasnixon (7175 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (34934 posts) - - Show Bio

ALEX ROSS!

#9 Edited by TheWrathofLucille (29 posts) - - Show Bio

This was the best cover In my opinion.....

Que transformers sounds.....

#10 Posted by Fastestmanalive (101 posts) - - Show Bio

Are u serious??? Someone really dropped the ball on this one. No love for Superman 28? Oh well, here it is.

#11 Posted by mak13131313 (684 posts) - - Show Bio

These! Cataclysm cover sucks and wolverine looks like he's taking a dump.

#12 Posted by inferiorego (28266 posts) - - Show Bio

Are u serious??? Someone really dropped the ball on this one. No love for Superman 28? Oh well, here it is.

It's called "best covers of the week," not "which cover has inking that doesn't match the light source which completely destroys the sense of depth."

#14 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12582 posts) - - Show Bio

@fastestmanalive said:

It's called "best covers of the week," not "which cover has inking that doesn't match the light source which completely destroys the sense of depth."

Oh god I don't think I've ever seen someone owned this badly on CV before and by the staff no less! :P

Agreed. They're so awesome.

#15 Posted by Overlander (551 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I liked this week's picks. The Fantastic Four one was hands-down the best.

#16 Edited by longbowhunter (7691 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this was pretty great too. Andrew Robinson is amazing. I wish I was a Beatles fan, I'd pick up the Fifth Beatle. I hear his work on that book is phenomenal.

Really dig the All Star Western cover as well. Any time Cooke draws Jonah Hex, I'm a happy boy!

#17 Posted by inferiorego (28266 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

@fastestmanalive said:

Oh god I don't think I've ever seen someone owned this badly on CV before and by the staff no less! :P

@allstarsuperman said:

Agreed. They're so awesome.

I'm just getting sick of some of the complaining, week after week.

Some of ya'll put cracks in my heart.

#18 Posted by Tensta (460 posts) - - Show Bio

To me the Hawkeye cover stood out the most. Bit different and I like that in a cover

#19 Posted by judasnixon (7175 posts) - - Show Bio

@tensta: How did I forget about Hawkeye?

#20 Edited by Bull_iod (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the Adi Granov Wolverine, title going to a linked picture with the Moon Knight cover?

#21 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7978 posts) - - Show Bio

Great covers all look great especially Fan4 Alex Ross and Wolverine. ALso should have added Hawkeye cover.

#22 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7978 posts) - - Show Bio

These! Cataclysm cover sucks and wolverine looks like he's taking a dump.

Those covers (Aquaman and Flash) really aren't that special. They look alright, not first for best covers.

#23 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6366 posts) - - Show Bio

That Fantastic Four cover is amazing. I love Alex Ross art.

#24 Posted by longbowhunter (7691 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego: Trust me, it's not just you and other staffers. We users get pretty sick of the negativity too. That's not what I come here for.

#25 Posted by inferiorego (28266 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego: Trust me, it's not just you and other staffers. We users get pretty sick of the negativity too. That's not what I come here for.

YUR OPINON IS BAD!

#26 Edited by longbowhunter (7691 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by DCWarFan73 (148 posts) - - Show Bio

Only one that truly kicks ass is Ross' Fantastic Four... great work as always from him

#28 Posted by Tensta (460 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Renchamp (2971 posts) - - Show Bio

@bull_iod said:

Is the Adi Granov Wolverine, title going to a linked picture with the Moon Knight cover?

No. Completely different buildings/angles/backgrounds. Same artist is all.

#30 Edited by Maddpanda531 (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

Ross cover made it in...No surprise there! He's certainly one talented man!

#31 Edited by spinningbirdcake (1430 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome covers in the article and comments. I also loved this one and happy to see him on the whole issue since I though Rocofort was drawing it.

#32 Posted by TheMantisShrimp (285 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by CaptainHoopla (1184 posts) - - Show Bio

The Wake and Black Science were my favorites this week.

#34 Edited by LyraFay (2536 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Alex Ross do a Superman cover again?!

#35 Edited by Violens (543 posts) - - Show Bio

you guys forgot this one

#36 Edited by DoomDoomDoom (4211 posts) - - Show Bio

@violens: Curious, are you reading this?

#37 Edited by AustinHasten (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure he's only contributing to the negativity with his, "No shut up that covers ink sucks" comment.

Professional?

#38 Edited by momo111191 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

typical marvel covers that have nothing to do with the issue beat dc covers that actually hint to the plot your marvel bias is killing these articles.

#39 Posted by Violens (543 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Transformers1024 (4028 posts) - - Show Bio

TMNT and Hawkeye had phenomenal covers this week.

#43 Posted by Nox_Arc (219 posts) - - Show Bio

Dare I say it, but I think Campbell is the best artist to jump on the current TMNT on-going.

#44 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18930 posts) - - Show Bio

alex ross could draw Batman and Superman kissing each other and everyone would love it.

#45 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4211 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Wilbertus (357 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a sucker for Jae Lee's artwork, so I might have to go with Bats/Supes this week.

#48 Posted by inferiorego (28266 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter said:

Pretty sure he's only contributing to the negativity with his, "No shut up that covers ink sucks" comment.

Professional?

You're misquoting me!

#49 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (7024 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet. FF looks really nice.