Posted by G-Man (36555 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the end of the week. Hopefully you've had a chance to make it to your local comic shop to pick up this week's comic books. People tend to pick up the comics on their pull lists but sometimes a really remarkable cover practically jumps off the shelves. Here's some of the covers that really stood out.

HAWKEYE #3

It's a simple cover. Definitely in the minimalist style. That's what makes it stand out. Going wit the 'less is more' approach, you can see how David Aja can put so much in without overdoing it. Too often covers can become cluttered when artists try throwing in everything that appears in the issue. This is simply a classy cover.

HELLBLAZER #296

It's a shame the DC comics have to have the Arrow ad at the top. We're enjoying the show here at Comic Vine but it can take away from the cover. This exudes attitude worthy of John Constantine. It seems we don't see too many Simon Bisley covers these days. Or maybe I'm just missing them. This looks gritty and a little dirty. How could you pass up this comic?

Untold Tales Of Punisher Max #5

It's another simple cover (and I mean that in an absolutely good way). It's equally haunting. We see a small child whose shadow depicts the Punisher, a man that is basically a killer. This is one of those covers that, without the logo and UPC, would look great framed and hung on a wall. Michael Del Mundo does an amazing job here.

WONDER WOMAN #13

Cliff Chiang might have taken a break from the interiors but he provides a stellar cover. We are once again subjected to the ad at the top. Track down the non-logo version to fully appreciate the art. Strangely, the color of the sky is a little different as well. What we see is Wonder Woman determined and on a mission. You can see she will go to any lengths to track down her target.

A-Babies Vs X-Babies

It's Skottie Young. It's baby versions of Avengers and X-Men. This cover alone should make you want to buy the comic. Can we have more, please?

Let us know what covers you really dug in the comments below.

#1 Posted by Billy Batson (58143 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh wow a Hellblazer cover here for the first time :o
Like all the covers from here.
BB

#2 Posted by G-Man (36555 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson: :D

#3 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

I couldn't find the A-Babies Vs X-Babies in comic book store. :( I'm going to try again next week. There was another cover for A-Babies vs X-Babies as well.

#4 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3561 posts) - - Show Bio

Heck yeah, Hellblazer.

#5 Posted by carnivalofsins00 (938 posts) - - Show Bio

That A-Babies vs. X-Babies cover is actually by Chris Eliopoulos, not Skottie Young.

#6 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14941 posts) - - Show Bio

These are my top 3:

#7 Posted by feebadger (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective: You should be doing this segment. I like your covers MUCH better!

#8 Posted by GothamRed (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana of Arabia

#9 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14941 posts) - - Show Bio

@feebadger: the only one that I can say that doesn't deserve to be here is the wonder woman one. It just looks boring to me.

#10 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

The BIZ has yet to disappoint me in art. Started looking up his work in ABC Warriors: The Black Hole, and he's forever remained a pencil stroking mad genius.

#11 Posted by lifeboy (1675 posts) - - Show Bio

i h 

I hate chang. His work sucks!!! I wish he would leave WW. Also, i agree gman. Comics should go to a no headed and footer cover so we can frame them.
#12 Edited by Loki2u (211 posts) - - Show Bio

Something about that Punisher cover that moves me. I love it!

#13 Posted by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

They missed another Daredevil cover, one that actually has something to do with the inside.

#14 Posted by ColonelRunAway (370 posts) - - Show Bio

Another worth mentioning:

#15 Posted by notarandomguy (316 posts) - - Show Bio

Heck yeah! we don't really see much love here for Hellblazer

#16 Posted by FatFriar_16 (167 posts) - - Show Bio

@thespideyguy: I think this one's the best for the week!!

#17 Posted by FatFriar_16 (167 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective: I think I must agree with you. Awesome Batman.

#18 Posted by dcfox (158 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, that Arrow ad on top of the DC covers is so ugly.

#19 Posted by kid Apollo (714 posts) - - Show Bio

i love that Punisher cover, soooo good!

#20 Posted by thespideyguy (2642 posts) - - Show Bio

@FatFriar_16:

#21 Posted by Grey56 (752 posts) - - Show Bio

Dear Tony,

Please pay attention to Elephantment covers. Thank you.

#22 Posted by Violens (543 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by ahgunsillyo (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man: @Smurfboy said:

I couldn't find the A-Babies Vs X-Babies in comic book store. :( I'm going to try again next week. There was another cover for A-Babies vs X-Babies as well.

According to the previews that were released either yesterday or today, that issue of A-Babies Vs. X-Babies actually comes out next week.

#24 Posted by Xenigma (3 posts) - - Show Bio

No mention of the variant cover for Sword of Sorcery? So beautiful, save of course for the Arrow ad.

#25 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

@ahgunsillyo said:

According to the previews that were released either yesterday or today, that issue of A-Babies Vs. X-Babies actually comes out next week.

Ohh really? That explains everything, lol. I'll go back again next week for that issue. Can't wait!

#26 Posted by mightypug78 (354 posts) - - Show Bio

omfg, i want them to get rid of that ad on top of dc comics so bad. makes it hard for me to display my comic books with that eyesore.

#27 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7336 posts) - - Show Bio

@thespideyguy said:

@FatFriar_16:

DAREDEVIL COVER IS AWESOMEE

#28 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7336 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW that Hellblazer cover is the best out of all of them and love other ones too

#29 Posted by dreamfall31 (573 posts) - - Show Bio

That WW cover would be amazing w/o the stupid Arrow ad. We know Arrow is coming out! Spend a page inside on it, not the fucking cover!

#30 Posted by Trodorne (2591 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Duke_Nasty (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective: I really wanted to get the JL variant when I saw it in store but that banner prevented me from getting it. You'd think they could lay off the cover ads on variants.

#32 Posted by Utandi (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trodorne said:

This and Wonder Woman!

#33 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Utandi said:

@Trodorne said:

This and Wonder Woman!

I don't see what the big deal with the WW cover is. Frankly I think it's had horrible cover art since it began. I mean look at it; it's just... Bland. Boring. Tasteless. The shading is all one-color. Everything looks like a weird cartoon that was too caught up in copyright infringement to get on the air. There's no "pop" in it, she's just looking dramatically at the reader. If that's to really grab our attention it should have depth. It should have emotion. It has none of this.

Seriously. I just can't stand WW's cover art in the New 52, from the issues I've taken a brief look at (which isn't all of them, but it's several different ones). Why does everyone seem to like it, or at least, like this one?

#34 Posted by TDK_1997 (14983 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hawkeye one isn't that cool.

#35 Posted by coolguyr99 (3019 posts) - - Show Bio

That Wonder Woman cover is horrible.

#36 Posted by Miss_Garrick (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

@Trodorne said:

He-Man ALWAYS RULES!!

#37 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha that X and A babies cover is AWESOME! But my favorite would have to be the Wonder Woman cover this week I say.

#38 Posted by GillaDro (249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smurfboy said:

@ahgunsillyo said:

Ohh really? That explains everything, lol. I'll go back again next week for that issue. Can't wait!

This was supposed to be an ongoing title, but apparently they turned it into a one shot.

#39 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

@GillaDro said:

@Smurfboy said:

@ahgunsillyo said:

This was supposed to be an ongoing title, but apparently they turned it into a one shot.

Yeah, I've noticed that they're going for one-shot issue. I tried to find the next cover of issues (previews) and couldn't find it, so I figured it must be one-shot. I seriously hope not because I'd like for this series to release monthly, just like Superman Family Adventures.

#40 Posted by tomlikesfries (4691 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellblazer FTW

#41 Posted by jstndmnd (1015 posts) - - Show Bio

@Miss_Garrick:

THAT COVER RULES!

#42 Posted by MACarpenter (14 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Miss_Garrick said:

@Trodorne said:

He-Man ALWAYS RULES!!

I love this coverrrr

#44 Posted by ahgunsillyo (113 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smurfboy said:

@GillaDro said:

@Smurfboy said:

@ahgunsillyo said:

Yeah, I've noticed that they're going for one-shot issue. I tried to find the next cover of issues (previews) and couldn't find it, so I figured it must be one-shot. I seriously hope not because I'd like for this series to release monthly, just like Superman Family Adventures.

No kidding. Marvel could really use some truly all-ages titles that have something in them that both kids and adults can really enjoy. The only all-ages Marvel books right now are based off the cartoons (not really counting Skottie Young's Wizard of Oz books), and they basically canceled the entire Marvel Adventures line, which actually often had better stories than the mainline books.

#45 Posted by SmashBrawler (5946 posts) - - Show Bio

This was my favorite cover this week:

#46 Posted by DocFishstick (241 posts) - - Show Bio

love the batman and robin one

#47 Posted by madcynic (1 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hawkeye one is stylistically most appealing to me, the Hellblazer one is very in character as I see John. So a tie, really.