Posted by inferiorego (26875 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome to yet another exciting Best Comic Book Covers of the Week where the Comic Vine staff picks out their favorite covers and displays them for you, the reader, to cheer and applaud awesomeness across the Intrawebs. Let's get right down to business, folks and see some of these amazing covers.

FANTOMEX #1 by Francesco Francavilla

FANTOMEX MAX #1 rolled out this week and here we have the cover by Francesco Francavilla. Francesco's work is always really cool and his covers have a big pop to them. This cover really has a 60s secret-agent feel to it because of the set-up, colors, and those cools patterns behind the title, at the top of the page. Also, we're always a sucker for a character pointing a gun at the reader.

MARVEL KNIGHTS SPIDER-MAN #1 by Marco Rudy

Here we have MARVEL KNIGHTS SPIDER-MAN #1 by Marco Rudy. What's really cool about this cover is the minimalistic use of color on the cover, which gives the cover this really cool look, which sets is a part from the rest on the shelves. There's also the very cool usage of the Spider-Man logo on the bottom half of this cover as well.

BATWING #24 by Darwyn Cooke

Up next is BATWING #24 by Darwyn Cooke. Darwyn Cooke has a very specific style that is reminiscent of of the 1950s, so seeing this cover and his name attached was a bit of a shock, since it looks a bit different from what readers are used to. The layout and perspective are incredibly cool here, as well as the color choices for the whole cover.

ALL NEW X-MEN #17 (Lego Variant) by Leonel Castellani

Are you a Legomaniac? If you are, you're probably pretty excited about this week's variant cover to ALL NEW X-MEN #17 by Leonel Castellani. This cool cover is actually an homage to Jim Lee's cover for X-Men #1 back in 1991. It's been really cool to see some classic covers with Lego characters. It's hard to take Magneto as a threat when he looks this adorable.

THE STAR WARS #2 by Nick Runge

Lastly, we have the cover for THE STAR WARS #2 by Nick Runge. Funny thing is that both covers to this issue were really cool, but we only wanted to pick out one. This cover, in particular, was the best of the two and it shows realism extremely well. Most of that is all thanks to the color work and the shading done here. This really looks like it could be a poster for a new Star Wars film. It's some seriously cool stuff.

There you have it. It's another week of cool looking covers. Do you have a cover you super-loved, but you're super-bummed it's not on this list? Let us know in the comment section below! We'll see you folks next week, from New York Comic Con, with a bunch of new favorite covers!

Mat "Inferiorego" Elfring is a writer, host of Vs The Net, which is an Internet culture show, and a friend to the bees. He's also on that dang Twitter.

#1 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22230 posts) - - Show Bio

The only one I like is The Star Wars, im gonna get that when it comes to trade

#2 Posted by wessaari (630 posts) - - Show Bio

no Green Arrow 24?

#3 Posted by AllStarSuperman (22230 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by KryptonSabbath (74 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

That Batwing cover was so good. I think it's weird that some times comics have covers that have been used over and over. I love comics with a little creativity and originality to them.

#6 Posted by Saren (25903 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh, I figured Earth-2's cover was a sure thing.

#7 Posted by bladewolf (786 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree, GA #24 deserved some love!

@wessaari said:

no Green Arrow 24?

#8 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Red_Robin212 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

#10 Edited by DonFelipe (1126 posts) - - Show Bio

More Valiant please!

#11 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8249 posts) - - Show Bio

@wessaari said:

no Green Arrow 24?

Yeah, I was kind of surprised it didn't make the list...

#12 Posted by EvilPenguin543 (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Savage Wolverine should be on here! And so should Green Arrow, the cover of that reminds me of a poster for an action movie from days gone past. The Batwing cover reminds me of Batman Beyond.

#13 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

The Star Wars #2 for sure!

#14 Posted by noj (1092 posts) - - Show Bio

Agree with the posters above Green Arrow and Savage Wolverine should've been on here. I would've replaced Spider-Man and that lego variant.

#15 Posted by IDontLikeBirds (387 posts) - - Show Bio

There are some beautiful covers out this week.

#16 Posted by SynCig (485 posts) - - Show Bio

@wessaari: That is probably my favorite cover from the week.

#17 Edited by Syndikate333 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I would BatWing if Darwyne Cook did the interior art.

#18 Posted by CitizenJP (602 posts) - - Show Bio

That Batwing cover is dope.

#19 Edited by GenesisX (78 posts) - - Show Bio

GREAT COVER!!

#20 Posted by LCazT1996 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

I've really loved E2's covers since the start of the book. Reis, Booth, and now Juan Doe. And with Ethan Van Sciver coming on next month, it seems like they're never gonna run out of creative/good covers for Earth-2.

As for other ones besides Earth-2 that I liked that aren't up there, I have to say that even though it's pretty basic I really like GL's cover for this week.

#21 Posted by Xwraith (19426 posts) - - Show Bio

@wessaari: That is one of my favorite covers ever. I am not joking.

#22 Posted by RaggedScarecrow (894 posts) - - Show Bio

My fave cover this week is:

#23 Edited by Zadoulo (90 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie said:

@wessaari said:

no Green Arrow 24?

Yeah, I was kind of surprised it didn't make the list...

I'll say all Andrea Sorrentino's art should be "The Best"

#24 Posted by marvel_dc_heroes_villains (133 posts) - - Show Bio

@wessaari: I usually love the GA art. But there's something about that cover that doesn't appeal

#25 Posted by jstndmnd (1016 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by HeckTate (1307 posts) - - Show Bio

More Valiant please!

This. Even the standard cover of Quantum and Woody was awesome.

#27 Edited by JairamGanpat (957 posts) - - Show Bio
Bedlam #9 for me this week

#28 Posted by badaboop (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Good choices, I specifically like the colors on the top three, the Fantomex one, Superior Spider-Man, and especially Batwing.

Anyway, I hate to nitpick but the word 'cool' was overused so much in this article it was extremely distracting. It became very noticeable when you'd use it three times in the same description for a comic book cover.

#29 Posted by Sawcesome (137 posts) - - Show Bio

I totally would've called that series "FantoMAX" and felt no shame at all.

#30 Posted by cmaprice (809 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (6764 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice

#32 Edited by flazam (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

No Green Arrow 24?!

#33 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1270 posts) - - Show Bio

I was almost sure this would make the list.

#34 Posted by DonFelipe (1126 posts) - - Show Bio

@jairamganpat said:

Bedlam #9 for me this week

This one's pretty cool cruel, too.

#35 Posted by Wilbertus (338 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by snarkybits (373 posts) - - Show Bio

That Green Arrow cover doesn't stand out at all, to me...

I liked: Earth 2, Batwing, and Superior Foes of Spider-Man

#38 Edited by GrenadeFlow (1565 posts) - - Show Bio

#40 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (7399 posts) - - Show Bio
#42 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Too many good covers

But the Batwing one reminded me of Batman Beyond

#43 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8530 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel Knights Spiderman was an awesome cover and an awesome book. I dig the Fantomex and Batwing covers. Love the styling.

#45 Edited by teclo (34 posts) - - Show Bio

>"What's really cool about this cover is the minimalistic use of color on the cover, which gives the cover this really cool look. There's also the very cool usage of the Spider-Man logo."

I really like this cover too, but please learn some more adjectives, man.

#46 Posted by AustinHasten (218 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by SuperiorScarletSpider (79 posts) - - Show Bio

That bedlam cover is crazy awesome.