Hehe

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@melodet said:

@johnnygat: I think you're just overthinking it. We already know that this takes place in the past and that Superman originally did wear that costume when he was starting out.

The point is that Superman that was fighting Batman earlier was not that he was wearing that costume and not his current costume. The point is they suddenly "teleported" to Smallville from Metropolis and for some reason this Batman already knows Superman is Clark, and already is prepared with the Kryptonite.

If all of it took place in the past how did Batman go from not knowing who Superman was to suddenly be in possession of his weakness and knowledge on his identity.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By ccraft

@melodet said:

@johnnygat: I think you're just overthinking it. We already know that this takes place in the past and that Superman originally did wear that costume when he was starting out.

The point is that Superman that was fighting Batman earlier was not that he was wearing that costume and not his current costume. The point is they suddenly "teleported" to Smallville from Metropolis and for some reason this Batman already knows Superman is Clark, and already is prepared with the Kryptonite.

If all of it took place in the past how did Batman go from not knowing who Superman was to suddenly be in possession of his weakness and knowledge on his identity.

I'm sure they'll reveal how that happened in the next issue

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Damnit, nobody cares about Scarlet Spider and Wolverine's epic battle because of Superman and Batman. Smh.

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Bane versus guard lol

Wolverines fight was epic

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for braynehurricane
braynehurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58  Edited By braynehurricane

@johnnygat: It's the Batman from Earth-2. The costume change is a dead giveaway, not to mention the cover to the next issue is all about the Batman/Superman from Earth 2.

As for how they got to Smallville though, no clue. Perhaps they're now on Earth 2? There was some kind of teleportation?

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

@cap10nate: no love for Valiant. Just some honorable mention -.-

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnygat: It's the Batman from Earth-2. The costume change is a dead giveaway, not to mention the cover to the next issue is all about the Batman/Superman from Earth 2.

As for how they got to Smallville though, no clue. Perhaps they're now on Earth 2? There was some kind of teleportation?

I actually just got back home and managed to reread the copy. Yeah you're right it's the Batman of Earth 2, even though the costume is still somewhat different though. And looking at the solicit and cover of the next issue I'm also assuming that mid clash the Superman from the main universe swapped places with the Superman from Earth 2. Though the latter part is me making assumptions based on the cover showing young Supes and E2 Batman tying up young Bats with E2 Superman.

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's no way Gardner should have beaten Atrocitus.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By RustyRoy

@reignmaker said:

Looks like Wolverine is fighting "Nobody" from Batman & Robin.

I was thinking the same thing.

Btw how many times Batman and Superman fought each other in New 52 already? And people blame Marvel for heroes vs. heroes fights, at least they don't pit the same characters against each other.

@jonny_anonymous said:

Injustice Superman > Man of Steel Superman

Kain Parker >>> Peter Parker

Just sayin

Fixed.

Azura_Thena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to Spidey's clone, Wolverine's an "angry midget ninja."

What? Wolverine isn't a midget! I'm not sure what the official size definition is but Logan is very probably a foot above the limit. Besides, it's a dumb and demeaning word anyway and shouldn't be used.

A midget is a well proportioned, yet unusually small person. Wolverine fits this description. Wolverine does not fit the medical criteria for midget status (4'10'') but Kaine is not exactly a guy that thinks in medical terminology and certainly not in politically correct terms. It is not an inherently offensive word but some have turned it into one.

XOManowar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis said:

We're the minority, friends.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#66 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@extremis said:

You do realize I've featured Valiant's titles plenty of other times in this feature, yes? In fact, I think X-O was on this feature for 4 issues or so in a row at one point. I simply didn't enjoy X-O's conclusion as much as the 3 I selected, therefore: Honorable.

_Marc_74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Still not sold on superman batman. The weird art and wearing jeans

Decide when forbidden planet deliver after 5 days

Avatar image for thenexusrebound
thenexusrebound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue and Kitty vs Omega Sentinal/Arkea was pretty cool too.

XOManowar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

@xomanowar said:

@extremis said:

You do realize I've featured Valiant's titles plenty of other times in this feature, yes? In fact, I think X-O was on this feature for 4 issues or so in a row at one point. I simply didn't enjoy X-O's conclusion as much as the 3 I selected, therefore: Honorable.

No I don't realize. I'm new. I wasn't complaining about what you though were the best battles. I was voicing my opinion on mine.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@xomanowar said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@xomanowar said:

@extremis said:

No I don't realize. I'm new. I wasn't complaining about what you though were the best battles. I was voicing my opinion on mine.

Well, now you know, and knowing is half the battle! Also, apologies, I should have quoted extremis because it was primarily a response to the "no love" remark.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: not exactly, mos supes didnt want to kill zod but had no choice....where as evil suprs in jnjustice thinks its fine to kill to put fear into people, he clearly admits this in the last scene of the game or near to last.

Mos only did so because zod was going to kill innocent people...

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG! Kalibak! That is so cool!

DigbyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By DigbyKong

Superman beats up a non-superpowered human....

doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By doombot890

@johnnygat: to the 1st part......no. Have you not read any of the new 52 so far? or any of the Earth 2 comics?

I don't know whats going on in your 2nd question

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greg Pak is a superman fanboy.

You mean the guy who made Hulk go World Breaker, and beat the crap out of god knows how many people in World War Hulk?

Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I LOVED Batman/Superman! Can't wait to pick up the next issue and excited that he's taking over Action Comics.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

"Bane vs. a guard".

Ha!

Also, I find the lack of Lazarus disturbing. Really, that was an awesome fight at the first couple of pages.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drgnx said:

This whole BM vs SM sequence was retarded! SM is not that much of a hot-head!

at that point in the Superman timeline he was.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman beats up a non-superpowered human....

Supes was weakened by kryptonite and he thought batman was the bad guy.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

"Oh my god guys look Superman owns Batman!!"

Well what the hell do you think? A human vs a superpowered invulnerable alien, why would you think it would happen any differently? It make no sense.

You gotta give bats credit for absorbing all those hits from supes... and not dying..

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By CODYSF

@comicace3:

Because Supse really wasn't going all out he would be dead if he really wanted to kill Batman

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

JL Dark vs Doctor Destiny?

saoakden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Wolverine & Scarlet Spider vs. Assassins that look like Nobody, Epic!!!
Wolverine & Scarlet Spider vs. Assassins that look like Nobody, Epic!!!

This is awesome! I am loving the current Scarlet Spider arc, showing us epic fights and awesome art, cool story. Did I mention this is epic!

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By jesusdisciple001

I love the fact that wolvie changes to his brown and yellow in savage and black and white in this to go on, you know, "abnormal" missions; cool picks Mr.k4ts.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Jae Lee artwork is so off.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 k4tzm4n  Moderator

JL Dark vs Doctor Destiny?

"Bane vs. a guard".

Ha!

Also, I find the lack of Lazarus disturbing. Really, that was an awesome fight at the first couple of pages.

Y U NO POST SUGGESTIONS IN DISCUSSION THREAD?! :(

DigbyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Is Superman/Batman supposed to be their first meeting? They have a somewhat similar confrontation in Justice League.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

According to Spidey's clone, Wolverine's an "angry midget ninja."

What? Wolverine isn't a midget! I'm not sure what the official size definition is but Logan is very probably a foot above the limit. Besides, it's a dumb and demeaning word anyway and shouldn't be used.

Midgets are short people. What most people have come to know as midgets are actually dwarves. So, yes, Wolverine is a midget. However, Wolverine is not a dwarf.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_winchester: He had help. Not like he hasn't been a trouble for teams in the past .

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@theocitylegend: Superman was younger and alot more aggressive. He is a country boy.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Loved Batman Superman especially the ART!

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should we be allowed to vote for the battle's of the week at Comicvine ,even though I'm fully aware that we are receiving a treat courtesy of comic staff? I truly appreciate what we receive here, but I would have like to see the 3 Thors vs Gorr recently and other battles that were in the past. This is a thought not gripe! Well sort of!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 k4tzm4n  Moderator

Should we be allowed to vote for the battle's of the week at Comicvine ,even though I'm fully aware that we are receiving a treat courtesy of comic staff? I truly appreciate what we receive here, but I would have like to see the 3 Thors vs Gorr recently and other battles that were in the past. This is a thought not gripe! Well sort of!

Did your favorite melee not get a mention? Well, it's possible we didn't read that issue, so be sure to make suggestions in the official Best Battles Discussion Thread from now on. We review that before writing this weekly feature and do our best to get our hands on the issues suggested!

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Batman wasn't trying to fight Superman so fanboys don't buy into the lies.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 k4tzm4n  Moderator

What lies?

Despite Bruce clearly not trying to pose a threat, the Man of Steel grabs the kryptonite with his bare hands and tosses it aside, disabling the shield. The Caped Crusader remarks that Clark is weakened... and how does Superman respond? With his fists, of course. Because why not totally bash the guy who's trying to talk with you?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@the_vein said:

I don't understand why people still think Batman could beat Superman. He couldn't. Ever, and he never has. People point to things like the Dark Knight Returns, where Batman, using all his tech, planning, and cleverness, managed to bust a severely weakened Superman's lip before keeling over dead. In Red Son he had Superman trapped for like four minutes before blowing himself up to escape, in Hush he had to run his little bat-butt away for as long as possible as Supes fought mind-control and then had to try to kill an innocent woman to buy himself time to stop Superman.

Batman cannot beat Superman dudes, just accept it. It doesn't make him less of a character, he's just a human, Superman is one of the most powerful characters in all of fiction.

I couldn't have said this better...why do Batman fans get so upset when their hero is beaten by someone with amazing SUPER-POWERS!?

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

No Caption Provided

lame