Best Avatar Press comics past and present?

coolguyr99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By coolguyr99

What are the best Avatar Press comics past and present?

Sharkbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sharkbite

My favorite in the past is hands down Christos Gage's miniseries "Absolution". Incredible.

"No Hero" was good through the beginning, waning into just okay by the end. The first volume of "Crossed" was remarkable if you can stomach some of the more disturbing content.

In the present, I pull "Hero Worship" which has been good-but-not-great, and "Crossed: Badlands" which has had some arcs that were awesome and some that were fairly Meh. Probably my favorite Avatar Press comic currently running, however, is "Crossed: Wish You Were Here" the free web-comic they host. It has been able to stay consistantly good, while the ongoing Crossed title in print waffles back and forth at times.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

I second Absolution and the very first volume of Crossed are pretty cool.

No Hero is part of a "thematic" trilogy starting with Black Summer, then No Hero and Supergod. You don't need to read them in any specific order to understand their self-contained stories though.

More recent Avatar stuff that's worth checking out is Caliban and God is Dead. Another absolute highlight is the adorable Rover Red Charlie (the story of three best friends at the end of the world) especially if you love dogs or pets and animals in general.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Billy Batson
No Caption Provided

BB

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By DonFelipe

@billy_batson: very interesting story and fact that it is Moore's first non-superhero comic book (assuming this info is correct)! Hopefully this is still available somehow?

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@donfelipe:

It's still available but it's not his first non-superhero work.

BB