#1 Posted by csguterres (206 posts) - - Show Bio

#2 Posted by csguterres (206 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by TheCannon (19226 posts) - - Show Bio

I accidentally clicked on Koryak, though I wanted to vote for Marquez.

#4 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

I had heard that part of the layout for the N52 was to use the first versions of characters, thats why we got Barry and Barbara but no Wally and Cassie/Steph, but clearly that wasn't the case, with all four Earth Lanterns, all four Robins, and Bart as Kid Flash. Lobdell should most certainly utilize Kaldur as Aqualad

#5 Posted by csguterres (206 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Young Justice Kaldur in the New 52. I think the Brightest Day Jackson Hyde version is not so good as YJ Kaldur LOL

#6 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

I want aquagirl. nothing against Mera, but one redhead aint enough

#7 Posted by csguterres (206 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

I had heard that part of the layout for the N52 was to use the first versions of characters, thats why we got Barry and Barbara but no Wally and Cassie/Steph, but clearly that wasn't the case, with all four Earth Lanterns, all four Robins, and Bart as Kid Flash. Lobdell should most certainly utilize Kaldur as Aqualad

I think there is room for both Garth and Kaldur. Garth has another identity (Tempest) and powers (ice and heat magic with the hands, eye blasts) that make him very different from Kaldur. (Actually, in my opinion, Garth was a terrible Aqualad, he only became a terrific character when he was revamped as Tempest)

#8 Posted by Pwok21 (2459 posts) - - Show Bio

Dolphin.

#9 Edited by RideASpaceCowboy (536 posts) - - Show Bio

Garth is evidently quite young in the new 52. Jackson Hyde would certainly be acceptable as Aqualad, though I like would for a future arc by Johns to reveal that Arthur Jr, known also as Aquababy, did not die as previously suggested but has instead grown up, eventually (and only once it's earned through the narrative) becoming Aqualad (sharing the name with Hyde).

#10 Edited by csguterres (206 posts) - - Show Bio

@RideASpaceCowboy said:

Garth is evidently quite young in the new 52. Jackson Hyde would certainly be acceptable as Aqualad, though I would for a future arc by Johns to reveal that Arthur Jr, known also as Aquababy, did not die as previously suggested but has instead grown up, eventually (and only once it's earned through the narrative) becoming Aqualad (sharing the name with Hyde).

I think AJ (Arthur Jr.) was retconned out of existence in the New 52.

In "The Others" Aquaman has a grudge against Manta because Manta murdered Tom Curry, and there is no mention at all about Manta killing AJ.

I like to think that the new Aquaman from Sword of Atlantis (before the retcon) was actually AJ!

By the way, I totally forget to put him in the poll. My mistake.

#11 Posted by BlackWind (7058 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I think Garth should just go straight to Tempest. They did it with Tim going straight for Red Robin.

Use Kaldur'ahm from YJ as Aqualad, Jackson Hyde looks far too much like Static. Kaldur has a more exotic look to him.

#12 Edited by csguterres (206 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy said:

I want aquagirl. nothing against Mera, but one redhead aint enough

Which Aquagirl? Lorena or Tula? I think Tula is the red-haired one, but, until now, she has no votes! xD

#13 Posted by KEROGA (1053 posts) - - Show Bio

Garth

#14 Posted by BlackWind (7058 posts) - - Show Bio

Why did YJ make me more interested n Tula than the comics ever did?

#15 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@csguterres: lorena obviously, tula has no votes yet :D

#16 Posted by csguterres (206 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind said:

Why did YJ make me more interested n Tula than the comics ever did?

In my opinion, both Garth and Tula started very boring, with cliche personalities and lack of original powers. Garth turned into an awesome character when he was revamped as Tempest, he gained new powers and a better personality. Unfortunately, Tula died before anyone tried to revamp her.

#17 Posted by BlackWind (7058 posts) - - Show Bio

@csguterres: That's the problem with the Aquafamily, writers are lazy with the supporting characters. Tempest had interesting powers that set him apart from Arthur. Let Kaldur have the skills and powers he does in YJ and there's a versatile team. It'd be boring if two or more sidekicks get stuck with the typical Atlantean power set.

#18 Posted by cyberchop979 (451 posts) - - Show Bio

Garth.

#19 Edited by csguterres (206 posts) - - Show Bio

Garth New 52 sketch!!

I am so disappointed it didn't happen.

#20 Posted by GundamHeavyarms (701 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be nice to see Jackson and Lorena again.

#21 Posted by csguterres (206 posts) - - Show Bio
Justice League #16 (2013)

Now Tula is not missing anymore!

#22 Edited by Justthatkid (4655 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see Jackson again, loved the idea of Aqualad being a legacy title, and I'd rather see a inexperienced Aqualad with similarities with Aquaman